Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

(LONG) Newbie Looking For Any Advice At All :)

(14-06-2017, 05:39 PM)Lotus Wrote:  You can bet if more women grew larger breasts from using flaxseed they'd be jumping all over by now (e.g. no need for other phytoestrogens)....and it's simply not the case, if it was we'd see more visual evidence here, and we don't. Spamming flaxseed as pro-breast growth is waste of time, in fact some women get deflated after using flaxseed....(science posted revealing why). Promoting flaxseed for protecting breasts (and the prostate) against cancer is actually what it really benefits (not growing bigger breasts). PCOS suffers should look at how using flaxseed could help get relief....no one talks about that enough though. Morgan, i think you'd be better served by looking at shatavari, a quick search using our BN search option will yeild great results, more so than going outside of breastnexus, but that's the case for most information about NBE, you'll find more information about NBE here versus elsewhere. 

(14-06-2017, 06:45 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  You can bet that if flax worked half as well as tamoxifen then bodybuilders (especially steroid abusers, but any of them really), would be all over it.  
Btw, bodybuilders has covered this:

Once ingested, the bacterial flora in the colon metabolizes SDG to enterodiol (ED) and enterolactone (EL), which are commonly referred to as mammalian lignans. There's research showing that ED and EL both inhibit aromatase.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/fla...s-fish-oil

flaxseed inhibits T, free T and DHT....by increasing SHBG it lowers androgens, but won't grow breasts from using it because of how it INHIBITS aromatase...which flaxseed also inhibits aromatase in women.  " enterolactone (EL) and enterodiol (ED) inhibit the activity of aromatase and 17beta-HSD type 1 in MCF-7 cancer cells, thereby decreasing the amount of estradiol (E2) produced and consequently cell proliferation (in breast tissue). 

Effect of dietary components, including lignans and phytoestrogens, on enterohepatic circulation and liver metabolism of estrogens and on sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2826899/

The Effect of Flaxseed Supplementation on Hormonal Levels Associated with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: A Case Study
Flaxseed is a rich source of lignan and has been shown to reduce androgen levels in men with prostate cancer. Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), a common endocrine disorder among women in their reproductive years, also is associated with high levels of androgens and is frequently accompanied by hirsutism, amenorrhea and obesity. This clinical case study describes the impact of flaxseed supplementation (30 g/day) on hormonal levels in a 31-year old woman with PCOS. During a four month period, the patient consumed 83% of the flaxseed dose. Heights, weights, and fasting blood samples taken at baseline and 4-month follow-up indicated the following values: BMI (36.0 vs. 35.7m/kg2); insulin (5.1 vs. 7.0 uIU/ml); total serum testosterone (150 ng/dl vs. 45 ng/dl); free serum testosterone (4.7 ng/dl vs. 0.5 ng/dl); and % free testosterone (3.1% vs. 1.1%). The patient also reported a decrease in hirsutism at the completion of the study period. The clinically-significant decrease in androgen levels with a concomitant reduction in hirsutism reported in this case study demonstrates a need for further research of flaxseed supplementation on hormonal levels and clinical symptoms of PCOS.

Inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase in genital skin fibroblasts and prostate tissue by dietary lignans and isoflavonoids.
Evans BA1, Griffiths K, Morton MS.
Author information

Abstract
Isoflavonoids and lignans, constituents of many plant foods, have been proposed as protective agents in those populations with a low incidence of hormone-dependent cancers. They may act by their inhibition of the metabolism of growth-promoting steroid hormones. This report describes the inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase and 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase by six isoflavonoids and two lignans in human genital skin fibroblast monolayers and homogenates, and in benign prostatic hyperplasia tissue homogenates. In genital skin fibroblasts, genistein, biochanin A and equol were the most potent inhibitors of 5 alpha-reductase activity, each resulting in greater than 80% inhibition at a concentration of 100 microM. The IC50 values for genistein and a seven-compound mixture were approximately 35 microM and 20 microM (2.9 microM of each compound) respectively. Of the lignans, enterolactone was the most potent inhibitor. Inhibition by biochanin A was shown to be reversible. When genital skin fibroblast homogenates were used, biochanin A was found to inhibit 5 alpha-reductase isozymes 1 and 2 to differing extents (30% and 75% respectively). Genistein was shown to inhibit 5 alpha-reductase 2 in a non-competitive nature (Vmax and Km values without and with inhibitor were 30 and 20 pmol/mg protein per h and 177 and 170 nM respectively). All of the compounds tested inhibited 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity in genital skin fibroblast monolayers. When prostate tissue homogenates were used, the compounds tested were better inhibitors of 5 alpha-reductase 1 than 2.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

If you noticed biochanin A (red clover) inhibits DHT (type I 5ar @ 30% and type II 5 ar @ 75).....that's right (a NEW discovery here at BN).
 " biochanin A was found to inhibit 5 alpha-reductase isozymes 1 and 2 to differing extents (30% and 75% respectively). "

Flaxseed Supplementation (not Dietary Fat Restriction) Reduces Prostate Cancer Proliferation Rates in Men Presurgery
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article...po=19.6970

Mammalian phytoestrogens: enterodiol and enterolactone.
Wang LQ1.
Author information

Abstract
The mammalian phytoestrogens enterodiol (END) and enterolactone (ENL) are produced in the colon by the action of bacteria on the plant precursors matairesinol (MAT), secoisolariciresinol (SECO), their glycosides, and other precursors in the diet. Both END and ENL have been shown to possess weakly estrogenic and antiestrogenic activities, and it has been suggested that the high production of these antiestrogenic mammalian lignans in the gut may serve to protect against breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men. Various in vitro experiments suggested END and ENL significantly inhibited the growth of human colon tumor cells, and the E2-induced proliferation of MCF-7 breast cancer cells was inhibited by ENL. The protective effects of mammalian lignans may be due to their ability to compete with E2 for the type II estrogen receptor, to induce sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), to inhibit placental aromatase, and to act as antioxidants. This review mainly deals with the chemistry, quantitative analysis, biological properties and health effects of END and ENL.

Mammalian lignans and genistein decrease the activities of aromatase and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in MCF-7 cells.
Brooks JD1, Thompson LU.
Author information

Abstract
Estrogen plays a major role in breast cancer development and progression. Breast tissue and cell lines contain the necessary enzymes for estrogen synthesis, including aromatase and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (17beta-HSD). These enzymes can influence tissue exposure to estrogen and therefore have become targets for breast cancer treatment and prevention. This study determined whether the isoflavone genistein (GEN) and the mammalian lignans enterolactone (EL) and enterodiol (ED) would inhibit the activity of aromatase and 17beta-HSD type 1 in MCF-7 cancer cells, thereby decreasing the amount of estradiol (E2) produced and consequently cell proliferation. Results showed that 10 microM EL, ED and GEN significantly decreased the amount of estrone (E1) produced via the aromatase pathway by 37%, 81% and 70%, respectively. Regarding 17beta-HSD type 1, 50 microM EL and GEN maximally inhibited E2 production by 84% and 59%, respectively. The reduction in E1 and E2 production by EL and the reduction in E2 production by GEN were significantly related to a reduction in MCF-7 cell proliferation. 4-Hydroxyandrostene-3,17-dione (50 microM) did not inhibit aromatase but inhibited the conversion of E1 to E2 by 78%, suggesting that it is a 17beta-HSD type 1 inhibitor. In conclusion, modulation of local E2 synthesis is one potential mechanism through which ED, EL and GEN may protect against breast cancer.

Thank you for your suggestions as well! I see that I may have to do a bit more research, but it is well worth it. Its hard to wade through what works and what is fake, so I am wary about just jumping and trying something without a lot of research. I would really like to know what has universally caused the best results for the most people here, but I am sure everyone is different so it may take some work to find the right products for me...I'll start out with massage while I am looking at herbs on this website Smile

hey hun!

If you are trying to loose weight and add some cup sizes, definitely massage is key but I'd suggest you to use vacuum therapy as well. Kangzhu is the cheapest one , you can find it on Aliexpress and it's great I swear. Since 2016 I have gained 3 cup sizes and nowadays I am trying to loose weight, so meanwhile I pump too more hours, therefor I have only lost 1cm in 3 months, which is amazing I think!.

Once I loose the kilos I need I will use volufiline as an extra help .

Before anything you decide, make sure you do a good research about everything. We need to know the pro's and the cons' of NBE

Good luck!

Try looking for items in the forum search tool.  Note if the person used anything else, how much she used, her starting cup size and how much she grew from it or if she didn't grow from it.

Pubmed.gov studies have some useful information but without any human BE tests anything that isn't quantified can be pretty meaningless for practical purposes.  Flax can activate the estrogen receptor, it can block estrogen, it can do many other things, but you can't say how much from most studies.  Better to check user history from there like I said above.  I think there's a menopause study somewhere that showed some 10-15% changes in hormone levels with no info on how much direct estrogen receptor activation there was.  You can find some human studies for other purposes such as lactation and menopause.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon