Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fatty suggestions please for a plant/egg eater

(06-05-2017, 08:44 PM)Pink.Chiffon Wrote:  
(06-05-2017, 07:13 PM)EllaC Wrote:  
(06-05-2017, 02:26 PM)Pink.Chiffon6 If you want a good way to add fat to your diet (which healthy fat is very important), I recommend a high quality MCT oil. It\s an extra of coconut oil (also very good for you but the flavor can be hard to work with) that only has the most efficient burning fatty acid chains in it. A good quality one (I like Bulletproof) will have little to no coconut flavor and is easy to sdd to anything and to cook with. It also is stable at much higher temperatures than other cooking oils. Wrote:  I have a hard time gaining weight too as I have to keep gluten (read wheat) out of my diet. Before taking gluten out, maintaining a healthy weight wasn't difficult. My guess is for most people wheat is a good way to put on weight.

Hope this helps!

Im really struggling lately with this too. Wheat is hidden in everything!!!!
The Drs want me to do a celiac antibodies test but i have to consume gluten for 6 weeks THEN follow it up with a biopsy! No thanks. Id rather just avoid it.  But in the same breath is concerning not having a definitive answer cause you dont know if a little cheating will have a major impact.

I found the coconut oil amazing to put on weight BUT most are made from coconut cream out of cans..... (BPA endocrine disruptors) and then the coconut cream - most have emulsifiers in them! Big microbiome disruptor - leaky gut. How all this stuff creeps into our food is horrrifying. I need to start making my own again.

I feel fortunate that I just have Hashimoto's disease and not celiac's. Cheating here and there doesn't bother me much, but I still can't cheat enough to help put weight on using wheat.

I am with you though. It would be better to know for sure if you have celiac's, as even the 6 weeks of eating gluten would be temporary. I'm a little surprised how long you need gluten exposure to do the test though!

Ah, I wish I liked coconut more. I can't stand strong coconut flavor so coconut oil holds absolutely no appeal for me. :/  I consume a ton of MCT oil though. I also feel like the US has a very good selection of non-GMO and BPA free and healthy options when it comes to food. But at the same time, if you optimize your health, you don't have to worry about avoiding 100% of the bad stuff and can rest assured that your body can handle a certain amount. At the end of the day there is only so much we can do right? And stressing out about avoiding all of it all the time is probably worse for you than letting your body be exposed to a small amount that may be unavoidable and not stressing over it.
Yeh Im waiting to get my smear out of the way before i do ALL the other tests i was given including a full thyroid panel :s

But yes stressing is doing more harm so i DO eat the coconut yoghurt but dont go overboard like Id like to. To be fair i find MCT coconut oil intolerable but the youghurt totally tolerable! We have a wide ranger of coconut youghurts here and some dont even taste like coconut! I totally plan to try more nuts and peanut butter cause ive lost weight again and the first place i loose it!!! The Bust ..

(07-05-2017, 08:18 AM)EllaC Wrote:  
(06-05-2017, 02:26 PM)Pink.Chiffon6 If you want a good way to add fat to your diet (which healthy fat is very important), I recommend a high quality MCT oil. It\s an extra of coconut oil (also very good for you but the flavor can be hard to work with) that only has the most efficient burning fatty acid chains in it. A good quality one (I like Bulletproof) will have little to no coconut flavor and is easy to sdd to anything and to cook with. It also is stable at much higher temperatures than other cooking oils. Wrote:  I have a hard time gaining weight too as I have to keep gluten (read wheat) out of my diet. Before taking gluten out, maintaining a healthy weight wasn't difficult. My guess is for most people wheat is a good way to put on weight.

Hope this helps!

The Drs want me to do a celiac antibodies test but i have to consume gluten for 6 weeks THEN follow it up with a biopsy! No thanks. Id rather just avoid it.  But in the same breath is concerning not having a definitive answer cause you dont know if a little cheating will have a major impact.

I found the coconut oil amazing to put on weight BUT most are made from coconut cream out of cans..... (BPA endocrine disruptors) and then the coconut cream - most have emulsifiers in them! Big microbiome disruptor - leaky gut. How all this stuff creeps into our food is horrrifying. I need to start making my own again.

I feel fortunate that I just have Hashimoto's disease and not celiac's. Cheating here and there doesn't bother me much, but I still can't cheat enough to help put weight on using wheat.

I am with you though. It would be better to know for sure if you have celiac's, as even the 6 weeks of eating gluten would be temporary. I'm a little surprised how long you need gluten exposure to do the test though!

Ah, I wish I liked coconut more. I can't stand strong coconut flavor so coconut oil holds absolutely no appeal for me. :/  I consume a ton of MCT oil though. I also feel like the US has a very good selection of non-GMO and BPA free and healthy options when it comes to food. But at the same time, if you optimize your health, you don't have to worry about avoiding 100% of the bad stuff and can rest assured that your body can handle a certain amount. At the end of the day there is only so much we can do right? And stressing out about avoiding all of it all the time is probably worse for you than letting your body be exposed to a small amount that may be unavoidable and not stressing over it.
Yeh Im waiting to get my smear out of the way before i do ALL the other tests i was given including a full thyroid panel :s

But yes stressing is doing more harm so i DO eat the coconut yoghurt but dont go overboard like Id like to. To be fair i find MCT coconut oil intolerable but the youghurt totally tolerable! We have a wide ranger of coconut youghurts here and some dont even taste like coconut! I totally plan to try more nuts and peanut butter cause ive lost weight again and the first place i loose it!!! The Bust ..

Oh I'm surprised to hear you don't like MCT oil. What about it don't you like? When I first started using it I had a hard time figuring out how to integrate it into my diet and actually found I am not crazy about the flavor I get with cooking with it (will just stick with butter I think!). But now having protein shakes once a day I just add 30mL/2tbsp to my shake and I can't even tell it's in there.

I guess if I could find a nice coconut oil or yogurt I would be more open to it but at the same time I have never been a big yogurt eater. I'm not really sure why, it isn't that I dislike yogurt. Just doesn't fit in wih the way I eat I guess, though I thought about adding some to my protein shakes to help with gut health.

I am pretty lucky when it comes to weight loss. I lose weight evenly throughout my bust, waist, and hips (since losing ~9lbs, I lost ~1" on my waist, ~2" on both hips and bust). But since I am trying to get back volume in my hips and bust, weight loss is a huge concern for me! I am hoping BO will add some permanent volume to my bust and hips. So far it is working but I would still like to put ~5lbs back on.

Edit: I found out after coming across my recent doctor records that I actually lost closer to 15lbs. Yikes !!

(07-05-2017, 02:22 PM)Pink.Chiffon Wrote:  

Hope this helps!

Oh I'm surprised to hear you don't like MCT oil. What about it don't you like? When I first started using it I had a hard time figuring out how to integrate it into my diet and actually found I am not crazy about the flavor I get with cooking with it (will just stick with butter I think!). But now having protein shakes once a day I just add 30mL/2tbsp to my shake and I can't even tell it's in there.

I guess if I could find a nice coconut oil or yogurt I would be more open to it but at the same time I have never been a big yogurt eater. I'm not really sure why, it isn't that I dislike yogurt. Just doesn't fit in wih the way I eat I guess, though I thought about adding some to my protein shakes to help with gut health.

I am pretty lucky when it comes to weight loss. I lose weight evenly throughout my bust, waist, and hips (since losing ~9lbs, I lost ~1" on my waist, ~2" on both hips and bust). But since I am trying to get back volume in my hips and bust, weight loss is a huge concern for me! I am hoping BO will add some permanent volume to my bust and hips. So far it is working but I would still like to put ~5lbs back on.

Edit: I found out after coming across my recent doctor records that I actually lost closer to 15lbs. Yikes !!
Aah Ella welcome to the wheat club hey....i have coeliacs in the family but i don't test as a coeliac.  I do have an intolerance to wheat and barley; and once again i agree this is why weight is an issue for me.  Nice easy carbs from wheat bread.  I do eat gluten free bread (toasted) but too much of that also blocks me up!  I don't eat dairy or meat because it effects my body negatively so food is more just a need (i need it to fuel my body) i guess when you start to cut things out it just becomes what it is fuel not all about sensory taste and ego wants but i do find it hard some days when i want quick and easy feed but my collection of easy go to's is getting bigger.  
But i am winning the weight gaining battle thanks to all the lovely suggestions.  I've gone from 50-51kg to 52ish now so slow and steady is winning and retraining myself to take the time to eat; skipping meals used to be a daily thing for me...so thanks to everyone for their suggestions know that ive read them and trying them thanks xo

(09-05-2017, 05:05 AM)Chrissygwy Wrote:  
(07-05-2017, 02:22 PM)Pink.Chiffon Wrote:  
(06-05-2017, 07:13 PM)EllaC Wrote:  Im really struggling lately with this too. Wheat is hidden in everything!!!!

Aah Ella welcome to the wheat club hey....i have coeliacs in the family but i don't test as a coeliac.  I do have an intolerance to wheat and barley; and once again i agree this is why weight is an issue for me.  Nice easy carbs from wheat bread.  I do eat gluten free bread (toasted) but too much of that also blocks me up!  I don't eat dairy or meat because it effects my body negatively so food is more just a need (i need it to fuel my body) i guess when you start to cut things out it just becomes what it is fuel not all about sensory taste and ego wants but i do find it hard some days when i want quick and easy feed but my collection of easy go to's is getting bigger.  
But i am winning the weight gaining battle thanks to all the lovely suggestions.  I've gone from 50-51kg to 52ish now so slow and steady is winning and retraining myself to take the time to eat; skipping meals used to be a daily thing for me...so thanks to everyone for their suggestions know that ive read them and trying them thanks xo

Oh you too huh. Yeh I don't know alsobut had some gluten two days ago and stuffed my system up big time-! 
I need to back through this thread too and get my weight up! 
Esp since its winter and I'm so skinny and  soo cold!!!!

(03-05-2017, 06:11 AM)Chrissygwy Wrote:  If i was to label myself i eat vegan but i include eggs and honey (i hate labels but best way to explain it i guess).  I am really struggling with the whole putting on weight thing i need to i want to but i eat very clean and i guess i've got to that point where i just need to indulge in naughtie stuff to get some kilos on!  Any suggestions?  
So far ive - started hemp protein smoothies with fruits, coconut milk & oil.  Constant eating (my goal is never to feel hungry - this is very hard lol).  3 meals plus snacks and of late i've started with naughtie stuff (potato chips, sweets and spreads).  Nuts, seeds and avocado.  I guess it just takes time? 

Am almost at that point where i think is NBE even going to work if weight is too low and common sense says no but it's not a lack of trying and i can see if i only could put on 5kg i'd actually have boobies and they want to grow because i have seen some changes.....so come on please give me some fast fat packing suggestions (hhhmm not sure if that sounds quite right lol)....

Hey I started the whole process of growing the size of my breasts after I went vegan.Its been around 3 months and I ve been cheating a lot.I have gained a few inches  and have lost around two kilos.Its not only about the weight trust me.You should eat more plants ,fruit ,nuts and seeds.You should massage and have faith.This is about yourself .Take all the time you need and do not overdo it with food or herbs.Stay as natural with what you put in your body as possible.

(03-05-2017, 06:11 AM)Chrissygwy Wrote:  If i was to label myself i eat vegan but i include eggs and honey (i hate labels but best way to explain it i guess).  I am really struggling with the whole putting on weight thing i need to i want to but i eat very clean and i guess i've got to that point where i just need to indulge in naughtie stuff to get some kilos on!  Any suggestions?  
So far ive - started hemp protein smoothies with fruits, coconut milk & oil.  Constant eating (my goal is never to feel hungry - this is very hard lol).  3 meals plus snacks and of late i've started with naughtie stuff (potato chips, sweets and spreads).  Nuts, seeds and avocado.  I guess it just takes time? 

Am almost at that point where i think is NBE even going to work if weight is too low and common sense says no but it's not a lack of trying and i can see if i only could put on 5kg i'd actually have boobies and they want to grow because i have seen some changes.....so come on please give me some fast fat packing suggestions (hhhmm not sure if that sounds quite right lol)....

May this help you what I just posted on my blog https://beautynatureandlove.wordpress.co...ing-clean/

Much love!! <3

(20-05-2017, 07:11 PM)Hi Dear! Wrote:  I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
Thanks for sharing the good information. 

goldenslot

Seed smoothies - mix up whatever smoothie you want and then add 1-2 tbsp hemp seeds, 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (unless this will mess with your program?) And 3 tbsp chia seeds.

Also I once heard that eating lots of papaya, corn, and sweet potato can be good for weight gain.

I like to keep granola or pretzels in my Jeep and munch while I drive

(14-06-2017, 06:28 AM)Sybiann Wrote:  Seed smoothies - mix up whatever smoothie you want and then add 1-2 tbsp hemp seeds, 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (unless this will mess with your program?) And 3 tbsp chia seeds.

Also I once heard that eating lots of papaya, corn, and sweet potato can be good for weight gain.

I like to keep granola or pretzels in my Jeep and munch while I drive
Thank you all  - I've started eating a mixture of nuts & seeds and adding more good nutrition to diet...i am still finding it very hard to gain weight, the last fortnight ive had that constantly hungry feeling but am hoping nut mix mite slow that down. I've just got to find ways to keep it interesting, i think it may get a little tiresome eating them. I had some growth on my program and then lost it but am determine so am pressing on just a little disheartening. 4mons and back to start but i guess i have a good idea where it went wrong so that a bonus!

Oh you only eat plants and eggs?  Ok.

Chia seeds: ALAs
Flax seeds/oil: ALAs
Walnut/walnut oil, in limited amounts: ALAs+omega 6s
Coconut/coconut oil: No omega 6s, unlike most other nuts.  So it's a nice and neutral.  If you need a source of calories it's great for frying, baking and so on.
Omega 3 eggs: Has EPA, DHA and ALA.
Only a handful of almonds and/or sunflower seeds, for the natural vitamin E.

Other nuts have omega 6s which you could easily overload on.  So do walnuts, almonds and sunflower seeds.  But you want a little almonds and/or sunfllower seeds for the natural vitamin E.  I think you were going to try the nut mix in my sig.  Unless you can get some kind of omega 3 supplement or seafood that may be too much omega 6.  Instead you may want to try to the bran/yeast/spirulina mix.  Or better yet try juicing parsley, cilantro, spinach, endive and/or watercress.  A pint a day.  Plus 2 tbsp rice bran, chia seeds and omega 3 eggs.  Add about 100 mg calcium per pound of parsley or cilantro or 200 mg calcium per pound of spinach to neutralize the oxalic acid.  Not sure if the other 2 have oxalic acid, but a tiny bit of calcium wouldn't hurt.  Add something sweet such as apples to flavor.  Get a masticating juicer because a centrifugal juicer will struggle with leafy items.

The fat thing is all long term so I wouldn't worry too much about whatever nuts you have left.  You can counterbalance it later with enough EPA, DHA and ALA.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon