Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

The Many Benefits of MSM

(17-04-2017, 09:07 PM)ZaraAri Wrote:  Thank you, Lotus, for sharing that thread with all the links and information! I must have overlooked it when I searched for it initially on the forum. I'm such an MSM fanatic, so I appreciate you posting that! Maybe more people will look into all the health benefits (and breast benefits) and also see how to take it effectively! 

Xoxo

Glad to help. I don't mind posting the info here (if you don't mind?), it was spread across different threads and BN forums.....I doubt anyone would have found it tbh...no matter, the info needs to be updated anyways.  Wink

(17-04-2017, 10:28 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(17-04-2017, 09:07 PM)ZaraAri Wrote:  Thank you, Lotus, for sharing that thread with all the links and information! I must have overlooked it when I searched for it initially on the forum. I'm such an MSM fanatic, so I appreciate you posting that! Maybe more people will look into all the health benefits (and breast benefits) and also see how to take it effectively! 

Xoxo

Glad to help. I don't mind posting the info here (if you don't mind?), it was spread across different threads and BN forums.....I doubt anyone would have found it tbh...no matter, the info needs to be updated anyways.  Wink

Yes yes!! Please, that would be awesome if you could!! I would love that! Big Grin

(17-04-2017, 10:17 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Big Grin , certainly. Good question (re: inositol) check your diet if you already have sufficient consumption of inositol, type II diabetes looks to be an issue if adding inositol (in other-words don't add it). For myself I'd try the combo....might still lol, though I doubt I need it.  Blush

Myo-inositol content of common foods: development of a high-myo-inositol diet.
Clements RS JrDarnell B.
Abstract
Since virtually no information is available concerning the myo-inositol content of dietary constituents, we have measured the amount of this material present in 487 foods by gas-liquid chromatography. We observed that the greatest amounts of myo-inositol were present in fruits, beans, grains, and nuts. Fresh vegetables and fruits were found to contain more myo-inositol than did frozen, canned, or salt-free products. The data provided in this report were used to develop diets that contained varying, but known amounts of myo-inositol. The myo-inositol intake that could be provided by such diets ranged from 225 to 1500 mg/day per 1800 kcal and within this range the agreement between the calculated and measured amounts of this material was excellent (r = 0.98). Since abnormalities in the metabolism of myo-inositol have been speculated to play a role in the pathogenesis of the polyneuropathies associated with diabetes mellitus and chronic renal failure, it is possible that the natural history of these neuropahties can be altered by modifying the amount of dietary myo-inositol that is ingested by patients with these diseases.

Thank you Lotus <3 
I do eat plenty of fruits/veggies but I'm thinking about trying a bit of inositol as it lowers T (apparently it helps alleviate PCOS symptoms, which I have). Good to know MSM can be taken too.  If you do take both, do update us  Big Grin

Just bumping this thread because I love MSM. I currently take 1 tablespoon with a teaspoon of vitamin C. I will never stop taking it..

(05-07-2017, 09:14 PM)Ruby M. Wrote:  Just bumping this thread because I love MSM.  I currently take 1 tablespoon with a teaspoon of vitamin C. I will never stop taking it..

Have you noticed an increase in breast size with MSM, Ruby M.? 

I've always wanted to try some but I've heard all sorts of mixed opinions/reactions. I heard it could worsen hirsutism, (yikes), cause insomnia, cause blood thinning, though I'm aware that it depends on the individual and the dose.....and it seems one would need to take it continuously to maintain growth too. How long have you been taking it for?

(06-07-2017, 04:14 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  
(05-07-2017, 09:14 PM)Ruby M. Wrote:  Just bumping this thread because I love MSM.  I currently take 1 tablespoon with a teaspoon of vitamin C. I will never stop taking it..

I've always wanted to try some but I've heard all sorts of mixed opinions/reactions. I heard it could worsen hirsutism, (yikes), cause insomnia, cause blood thinning, though I'm aware that it depends on the individual and the dose.....and it seems one would need to take it continuously to maintain growth too. How long have you been taking it for?

I have been taking MSM since 2015. I started taking it for my joints, I have a bad hip and knee and it has definitely helped. I know longer creak and crack when I'm walking or when I wake up in the morning. I started taking 1tsp with 1/4 tsp of vitamin c powder and increased my dosage every 2 weeks and I stopped at 1 tbsp. I can't say if it has contributed to my breast growth, because I take so many things. My hair and nails are definitely stronger, and it has definitely helped the elasticity and moisture retention in my skin. A couple of months after I first started taking it, a co-worker thought I was pregnant because I was glowing! I take it in the morning, so I haven't experienced any insomnia. I'm taking spearmint, reishi, and white peony root to reduce the hair(but who knows, maybe I could be hair-free if I wasn't taking the MSM), and I recently had blood work a few weeks ago and everything was fine. They knew all the supplements I take. The only warning I was given regarding MSM was to stay away from MSM combined with glucosamine. My doctor told me if I wanted to take glucosamine to take it separately because you can easily take too much and you can't ramp up the dosage like MSM.

(07-07-2017, 12:13 AM)Ruby M. Wrote:  
(06-07-2017, 04:14 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  

I have been taking MSM since 2015.  I started taking it for my joints, I have a bad hip and knee and it has definitely helped.  I know longer creak and crack when I'm walking or when I wake up in the morning.  I started taking 1tsp with 1/4 tsp of vitamin c powder and increased my dosage every 2 weeks and I stopped at 1 tbsp.  I can't say if it has contributed to my breast growth, because I take so many things.  My hair and nails are definitely stronger, and it has definitely helped the elasticity and moisture retention in my skin.  A couple of months after I first started taking it, a co-worker thought I was pregnant because I was glowing!  I take it in the morning, so I haven't experienced any insomnia.  I'm taking spearmint, reishi, and white peony root to reduce the hair(but who knows, maybe I could be hair-free if I wasn't taking the MSM), and I recently had blood work a few weeks ago and everything was fine.  They knew all the supplements I take.  The only warning I was given regarding MSM was to stay away from MSM combined with glucosamine.  My doctor told me if I wanted to take glucosamine to take it separately because you can easily take too much and you can't ramp up the dosage like MSM.

I need a boost in collagen and connective tissue due to an auto immune disorder so il start taking msm again with Vit c too! Plus you are right, i find i have deep vivid dreams/sleep on msm

(07-07-2017, 12:13 AM)Ruby M. Wrote:  I have been taking MSM since 2015.  I started taking it for my joints, I have a bad hip and knee and it has definitely helped.  I know longer creak and crack when I'm walking or when I wake up in the morning.  I started taking 1tsp with 1/4 tsp of vitamin c powder and increased my dosage every 2 weeks and I stopped at 1 tbsp.  I can't say if it has contributed to my breast growth, because I take so many things.  My hair and nails are definitely stronger, and it has definitely helped the elasticity and moisture retention in my skin.  A couple of months after I first started taking it, a co-worker thought I was pregnant because I was glowing!  I take it in the morning, so I haven't experienced any insomnia.  I'm taking spearmint, reishi, and white peony root to reduce the hair(but who knows, maybe I could be hair-free if I wasn't taking the MSM), and I recently had blood work a few weeks ago and everything was fine.  They knew all the supplements I take.  The only warning I was given regarding MSM was to stay away from MSM combined with glucosamine.  My doctor told me if I wanted to take glucosamine to take it separately because you can easily take too much and you can't ramp up the dosage like MSM.

Very interesting Ruby...I also heard it does wonders for the skin, hair, nails and it improves certain bowel issues. ..
Yeah Ella, it promotes collagen production and many women say it's good for NBE and that they got extra swelling from pumping while taking MSM. 

I'm still putting the purchase on hold though because some sources say it could lower blood pressure. Is there anything for NBE that doesn't lower blood pressure??!!

Also there are so many who've experienced more "intense" unwanted hair with msm. These are only three links by the way:
http://www.msm-msm.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=78
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/th...air.37988/
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t8998...h-from-msm

I'm sure not everyone will become a hairy beast with msm but I think certain women (with extra T/androgens) should be cautious! Yes, I have a feeling your potent trio is reducing your unwanted hair Ruby. With those three ingredients, I think not only would unwanted hairs be reduced but breasts with grow too! Do keep us updated!

(07-07-2017, 12:11 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  
(07-07-2017, 12:13 AM)Ruby M. Wrote:  I have been taking MSM since 2015.  I started taking it for my joints, I have a bad hip and knee and it has definitely helped.  I know longer creak and crack when I'm walking or when I wake up in the morning.  I started taking 1tsp with 1/4 tsp of vitamin c powder and increased my dosage every 2 weeks and I stopped at 1 tbsp.  I can't say if it has contributed to my breast growth, because I take so many things.  My hair and nails are definitely stronger, and it has definitely helped the elasticity and moisture retention in my skin.  A couple of months after I first started taking it, a co-worker thought I was pregnant because I was glowing!  I take it in the morning, so I haven't experienced any insomnia.  I'm taking spearmint, reishi, and white peony root to reduce the hair(but who knows, maybe I could be hair-free if I wasn't taking the MSM), and I recently had blood work a few weeks ago and everything was fine.  They knew all the supplements I take.  The only warning I was given regarding MSM was to stay away from MSM combined with glucosamine.  My doctor told me if I wanted to take glucosamine to take it separately because you can easily take too much and you can't ramp up the dosage like MSM.

Very interesting Ruby...I also heard it does wonders for the skin, hair, nails and it improves certain bowel issues. ..
Yeah Ella, it promotes collagen production and many women say it's good for NBE and that they got extra swelling from pumping while taking MSM. 

I'm still putting the purchase on hold though because some sources say it could lower blood pressure. Is there anything for NBE that doesn't lower blood pressure??!!

Also there are so many who've experienced more "intense" unwanted hair with msm. These are only three links by the way:
http://www.msm-msm.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=78
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/th...air.37988/
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t8998...h-from-msm

I'm sure not everyone will become a hairy beast with msm but I think certain women (with extra T/androgens) should be cautious! Yes, I have a feeling your potent trio is reducing your unwanted hair Ruby. With those three ingredients, I think not only would unwanted hairs be reduced but breasts with grow too! Do keep us updated!

I read those posts and I wonder if increased body hair growth is more common in men than women. That being said, I agree those of us with high A/T should be cautious. Especially if you are having blood pressure concerns. I think I may do more testing on myself. I think next month I will increase my dosage of spearmint and see if that helps, now I'm wondering if the MSM is making my body hold of to these pesky hairs! Huh Will definitely keep you updated!

Hi Ladies
Curious if anyone knows how to make a high msm cream/oil. Or better yet if possible? I know youve got to mix it with plenty of wated to dissolve so am thinking  that youll end up with same as whats commercially available 15% - i read on diy website 15grams msm to 100ml alovera gel anything under crysals dont dissolve...any thoughts?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon