Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Leaving Site

I joined a couple days ago, but I don't think this site is the right fit for me. My posts are being completely ignored and this morning I asked about Witch Hazel in a post and my comment was deleted and the entire post is no longer allowing comments. Really? I don't appreciate my comment being deleted without a response of some kind. 

I came here to seek support and instead I got ignored. NOT cool. 

So, I feel that I don't belong here. I may not be huge busted compared to a majority of the women on here, but I do have feelings. I don't feel respected here.

Good bye.

Hi AthenaDruid, 

Sorry to hear you'll be leaving BN. I looked at all your posts and saw other BN members responded to most of your questions, (the witch hazel question was answered by yours truly).  Shy

BN traffic can be slow at times, I think most BN members have experienced little to no responses at time's, I wouldn't take it personally. Collectively, most questions can be answered with the in-forum search function, (read till your eyes bleed...[or research]) was what the Tibetan Princess would say to new members....and still applies today though. Our administrator (EveM) pointed out that BN archives (I would say past and present) contains some of the best (if not better) than most NBE related websites out there. Utimately, if you know what search terms to look up you can find a large majority of NBE related topics even w/attached published clinical science right here at BN. 

Theirs a few long term core members (Ella, Hannah and others comes to mind) have answered most of the same questions many times over, and that's not to say newbie questions aren't important, just some posts(threads) lack a response unfortunately. Be persistent (but respectful) from getting the NBE wisdom of seniors (w/documented growth). No one is obligated to be here, though some have ulterior motives (making a buck from others hard work) being here.....but, no one is on a payroll or is expected to respond to others, if they do so in choosing. Lurkers, may stay quiet for years without ever making a comment....that's ok too, though engaging in conversation is much more stimulating tbh.

Of others that move on from BN?, its up to their own reasons for leaving, personally (my opinion) people throw in the towel (too early) upon frustrating results (or lack thereof).  

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

L.

So sorry to hear that you feel mistreated/ignored and are leaving BN, Athena. I did see a thread that you posted about nursing pumps and I didn't respond because I have no experience with those types of pumps (never been pregnant) and thought someone who actually was better informed would comment. I kind of wish now that I would have just left a simple comment to at least make you feel like you weren't being ignored.

But I have to agree with Lotus. I think everyone has experienced a lack of comments or any replies whatsoever on their threads at some point (I know I've certainly have) and I think the key is not to take it personally. Sometimes, you might post something when foot traffic is particularly slow on BN and the views you are getting are from people who may not be contributing members. I have noticed lately that it's been kind of slow on BN, and I myself have had to pull back from constantly checking this forum do to work constrictions. Not sure how active I'll be in the following days, but when I see a posted thread, I always try to comment if I have some knowledge on the particular question posed. But sometimes I just miss threads and even replies to my own threads because I'm just less active nowadays.

But I just want to let you know that I understand your frustration. Hopefully, you don't let this deter you from continuing your NBE journey and whether you decide to stay a member or not, I wish you loads of success in your journey! 

Xoxo

I think a lot of people feel this way. I'm not sure exactly why, but I think some of it is people are focused only on their own threads.

I'll post something here, and I am thankful for when people respond, say they appreciate it or view it, but most people ignore my threads like the plague. I've kind of withheld because of this. It's frustrating, but I try to take it in stride. Another user left, because her posts didn't feel appreciated. I think a lot of people feel this way. So, I understand.

It didn't used to be like this, even before this time last year.

It looks like some people did respond to a few of your posts. (I don't normally comment on pumps, and I didn't understand the thread about Wicca recipes.)

i wouldn’t take it personally, athena. i read posts all the time and don’t usually write if i have nothing of value to contribute  …mostly i don't want to respond with meaningless clutter.

sometimes, i have a wtf question .. or a brief moment of super intelligence. and a few minutes of waning smartness.
and, the only thing i ever remember about witch hazel had to do with spider veins.  Sad

the front page says ‘  ......... 114,497 posts in 12,276 threads.’
so many words 
...but, i just wanna take this opportunity to say hi to all the members to whom i’ve never responded.

also, i haven’t gotten a lot of sleep the last few weeks. i'm half coherent. i’m in a dance aerobics class and on weekdays it’s at 6:30am and i don’t get home from work till 7pm. 
and then, you know,  Tongue i become one with my kittykat. i try to get out the noogs  ...even if it's only for 10 minutes i do.  ....and squats
and etc. 

so, don’t take it personally. after all, how many people can speak intelligently about witch hazel. don’t go. there's a ton to learn on this site. much more so than most.  Blush

Solome usually interacts with others threads.

People ignore me all the time and ive been here for years!
People read but they dont comment if they dont feel they can contribute.

Funny how many posts there are about a complaint that there are no follow up posts.
Since I have been here its clear that this is not a spoon feed forum. The threads that get the most responses are the ones that have a plan and want help with the details.
And, thankfully, if you dont know the answer to a question, there aren't 50 responses that say 'I haven't used that' or 'I dont know'. It might sound rude but it saves a lot of server space and wasted time.
Sorry to see you go but I dont think you'll find a better NBE site anywhere.
Bobbi

You can see the tally counts of views. Only a handful of views are spread across anyone's new threads.

(05-04-2017, 02:10 PM)Happyme Wrote:  Funny how many posts there are about a complaint that there are no follow up posts.
Since I have been here its clear that this is not a spoon feed forum. The threads that get the most responses are the ones that have a plan and want help with the details.
And, thankfully, if you dont know the answer to a question, there aren't 50 responses that say 'I haven't used that' or 'I dont know'. It might sound rude but it saves a lot of server space and wasted time.
Sorry to see you go but I dont think you'll find a better NBE site anywhere.
Bobbi

Well said.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon