Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Condoms

(12-05-2016, 02:46 AM)CareBear314 Wrote:  I recommend a really good silicone based lube used under and over the condom. We also use Trojan ultra thin condoms, which my husband says he prefers over normal ones.

Thanks care bear, I'll try that out!

(11-05-2016, 03:16 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Have you any provider that can give you a non-hormonal implant? IIRC they use copper and it just kills any sperm that enters the uterus. Like any method, it's not perfect, but it has a very low failure rate from what I've read and heard.

That sounds like an IUD, actually. Can you confirm the method? Copper IUDs can occasionally cause some severe problems, as the copper does get absorbed by the body over time. By itself, not an issue, but can cause medical problems in long-term, say when a medication will react with copper, there's now a higher concentration of copper in the body, more reaction, can trigger illness.

I'm also not a fan of IUDs... But that's for a different forum. ;-)

-Dianna

(12-05-2016, 01:13 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  
(11-05-2016, 03:16 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Have you any provider that can give you a non-hormonal implant? IIRC they use copper and it just kills any sperm that enters the uterus. Like any method, it's not perfect, but it has a very low failure rate from what I've read and heard.

That sounds like an IUD, actually. Can you confirm the method? Copper IUDs can occasionally cause some severe problems, as the copper does get absorbed by the body over time. By itself, not an issue, but can cause medical problems in long-term, say when a medication will react with copper, there's now a higher concentration of copper in the body, more reaction, can trigger illness.

-Dianna

Yeah, it's the same thing. And yes, it has problems. All contraceptive methods come with problems and potential problems. I don't think we have to worry about Kat using anything long term though.

(12-05-2016, 01:38 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(12-05-2016, 01:13 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  

-Dianna

Yeah, it's the same thing. And yes, it has problems. All contraceptive methods come with problems and potential problems. I don't think we have to worry about Kat using anything long term though.

Lol I won't be using anything long term, the implant was three years and that was long enough!
Also me and my partner are currently discussing having children. I want to wait until I'm fit and healthy to have kids though. Am joining a gym at some point over the next month. So possibly in the next year we may seriously consider children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat-based_contraception

I have seen several different sites recommend heat based contraceptives (warming the testicles.) . the jury is still out on that one, and not enough study has been done for definitive long term effects..

Well it's taken a while but I think we have finally found one we both like.
It's called ESX ribbed, dotted and flared. It's just...wowBig Grin

(06-06-2016, 11:02 PM)Katana Wrote:  Well it's taken a while but I think we have finally found one we both like.
It's called ESX ribbed, dotted and flared. It's just...wowBig Grin

I used condoms all my life. I am sure your man can enjoy you with them. Cograts.

If you're in a serious relationship and having kids eventually doesn't scare you, you could try the "pull and pray" method. Lol. My husband and I have been doing that since I've been off birth control and we've had no problems. Still no babies. I'm just careful around ovulation.

(07-06-2016, 06:05 PM)echapman Wrote:  If you're in a serious relationship and having kids eventually doesn't scare you, you could try the "pull and pray" method. Lol. My husband and I have been doing that since I've been off birth control and we've had no problems. Still no babies. I'm just careful around ovulation.

We have been doing that occasionally. But because my cycles are unpredictable I'm kinda nervous about it. We definitely want kids eventually but our lives are a bit crazy right now. We're considering moving to London (moving back in with my mum) for better job opportunities and stuff. But we can only do that if I find a job first (my mum's conditions on us moving in), getting pregnant right now isn't really an option for me. Plus I want to be I better physical health first
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon