Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

3000 mg of Pueraria Mirifica for a female?

(23-04-2016, 11:14 PM)iaboy Wrote:  I use Ainterol's Extract. I usually have to wait a lousy 3 weeks due to the fact the American Distributor never stocks it. It comes from Germany, if I remember right.

I understand, living in Finland I also have to wait long for shipping but I buy more bottles so they last me a good while.

(25-04-2016, 05:40 AM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  Were your hormone levels tested or are you blindly taking this? These herbs are extremely dangerous to take unless you have an actual hormonal imbalance. The absolute first step before taking herbs is getting your hormones tested, otherwise you could be ramping up your body for breast cancer or other serious health issues at a very young age.

(25-04-2016, 03:58 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  Cherry, you really need to get your base line hormone levels checked. At the very least just cycle 500mg a day with your normal cycle. Your going to make your self ill on 3000mg.

I must admit I haven't done the hormone test because it costs a lot in my area and I'm on birth control pill. Aren't they supposed to regulate the hormones? I do get my blood tests taken regurarly though and checked by a doc.
I've also read that PM is generally safe to use unless you overdose of course or carry higher risk to cancers.
Since I haven't had side effects from it I guess my body is working well with this dosage (1500mg) but I'm not planning to up it and will probably keep this as the maximum dose so no 3000 mg for me! Smile
I'd be interested to take the hormone test at some point when I'm off BC though.
Thank you for your concern.

(25-04-2016, 05:18 PM)Cherry Wrote:  
(23-04-2016, 11:14 PM)iaboy Wrote:  I use Ainterol's Extract. I usually have to wait a lousy 3 weeks due to the fact the American Distributor never stocks it. It comes from Germany, if I remember right.

I understand, living in Finland I also have to wait long for shipping but I buy more bottles so they last me a good while.

(25-04-2016, 05:40 AM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  Were your hormone levels tested or are you blindly taking this? These herbs are extremely dangerous to take unless you have an actual hormonal imbalance. The absolute first step before taking herbs is getting your hormones tested, otherwise you could be ramping up your body for breast cancer or other serious health issues at a very young age.

(25-04-2016, 03:58 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  Cherry, you really need to get your base line hormone levels checked. At the very least just cycle 500mg a day with your normal cycle. Your going to make your self ill on 3000mg.

I must admit I haven't done the hormone test because it costs a lot in my area and I'm on birth control pill. Aren't they supposed to regulate the hormones? I do get my blood tests taken regurarly though and checked by a doc.
I've also read that PM is generally safe to use unless you overdose of course or carry higher risk to cancers.
Since I haven't had side effects from it I guess my body is working well with this dosage (1500mg) but I'm not planning to up it and will probably keep this as the maximum dose so no 3000 mg for me! Smile
I'd be interested to take the hormone test at some point when I'm off BC though.
Thank you for your concern.

I hate to say, but you're playing with fire. If you're on bc then you are most likely already getting more than enough estrogen. That's why our breasts grow (temporarily) when we are on it. It's the same with these herbs, the growth will be temporary swelling then drop when you go off them. By then you have most likely done some serious damage to your body. Do your self a favor and just buy a noogleberry. I have grown 3 cup sizes by only that and massage.

Sorry but i agree with Jen too. Even if you were taking PM and not BC you still should only be taking no more than 200mg, all the reputable PM sellers and health pharmacies recomend that. Too much estrogen can make you shrink too.
I see your logic, BC balancing and PM raising enough to give you growth but mixing the two is downright scary.
As Jen says at your age theres no reason you cant grow beautifully with just a pump or even try massaging first.
Herbs messed me up. My hormones have never recovered and i was as regular as they get before i started messing around with herbs, and much lesser strength ones than PM too.
Its up to you ultimately, but theres more negative stories from females in the pm section than good. Bleeding between cycles, missed periods, depression, mood swings.
Have a look at the non herbal nbe thread, you can likely implement most of that while on BC but i wouldnt be playing around with both. Men can handle pm better. But not us girls if we dont need the extra Estrogen.

(25-04-2016, 08:03 PM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  I hate to say, but you're playing with fire. If you're on bc then you are most likely already getting more than enough estrogen. That's why our breasts grow (temporarily) when we are on it. It's the same with these herbs, the growth will be temporary swelling then drop when you go off them. By then you have most likely done some serious damage to your body. Do your self a favor and just buy a noogleberry. I have grown 3 cup sizes by only that and massage.

(25-04-2016, 08:09 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  Sorry but i agree with Jen too. Even if you were taking PM and not BC you still should only be taking no more than 200mg, all the reputable PM sellers and health pharmacies recomend that. Too much estrogen can make you shrink too.
I see your logic, BC balancing and PM raising enough to give you growth but mixing the two is downright scary.
As Jen says at your age theres no reason you cant grow beautifully with just a pump or even try massaging first.
Herbs messed me up. My hormones have never recovered and i was as regular as they get before i started messing around with herbs, and much lesser strength ones than PM too.
Its up to you ultimately, but theres more negative stories from females in the pm section than good. Bleeding between cycles, missed periods, depression, mood swings.
Have a look at the non herbal nbe thread, you can likely implement most of that while on BC but i wouldnt be playing around with both. Men can handle pm better. But not us girls if we dont need the extra Estrogen.

I just checked the BC pills I'm using and they are combined oral contraceptives with both estrogen and progesterone, but contain more progesterone. I read another thread from here where people discussed about how to use PM with BC and that this exact kind I'm using would be the best in regulating hormones while on PM and there wouldn't be a need for cycling either because I don't have my natural menstruation so women on BC could use it throghout the month. The people seemed to have good results following this method with no harmful side effects. I'm being stubborn with this but I'm not ready to give up on PM just yet because it seems promising and I haven't had any problems with it. I've been unresponsive to other herbs, BO and massaging, (none of them caused side effects but they didn't do anything either) this is the only thing so far that seems to be doing something.
The 200 mg sounds like a really low dosage since most women seem to use the minimum of 350-500 mg? Also many users, scientific studies and sellers I've read from seem to claim the 1500 mg as still a safe dosage, might be wrong, but I've been counting on that.
But I'm going to lower the dosage to 500 mg (since my PM is 500 mg) and see how it goes from there. I wouldn't want to use too much if I could benefit from the lower dose as well and it'd be less risking it in the long run.

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad and frightening experience ellacraig, I hope you're doing better now.

Jenniferlove how long did it take you to gain all this? How much/often did you use the noogleberry and massage? Those are great results indeed. I'd like to try them but I'm kind of hesitant because massaging didn't help me last time. I did it the minimum of 30 mins (occasionally more up to an hour) per day for about two months. I don't know if it would take longer to see any results but being discouraged I couldn't bother to continue.

Thank you both for your advise, I'll definitely check the noogleberry and the non herbal nbe thread.

My hormones are still messed up sadly. Only coinciding factor was herbs :s I mixed the wrong two once and ended up in hospital once too. The risks we take....
Oh well you keep up with the research. What works for one-month fir another etc etc. Just be mindful of any side effects and do trust by our gut.
Good luck chick

(25-04-2016, 11:52 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  My hormones are still messed up sadly. Only coinciding factor was herbs :s I mixed the wrong two once and ended up in hospital once too. The risks we take....
Oh well you keep up with the research. What works for one-month fir another etc etc. Just be mindful of any side effects and do trust by our gut.
Good luck chick

God, that's awful.. I've tried some herbs too (after a lot of research of course), had nothing of that sort. It's all down to your personal body chemistry and how it interacts with different substances I guess. Well working with herbs seems to be some kind of rocket science too, it's not easy. I think you're right with what works for one might not work for another.
Thank you, I'll be keeping my eyes open for possible side effects!

(25-04-2016, 11:39 PM)Cherry Wrote:  
(25-04-2016, 08:03 PM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  I hate to say, but you're playing with fire. If you're on bc then you are most likely already getting more than enough estrogen. That's why our breasts grow (temporarily) when we are on it. It's the same with these herbs, the growth will be temporary swelling then drop when you go off them. By then you have most likely done some serious damage to your body. Do your self a favor and just buy a noogleberry. I have grown 3 cup sizes by only that and massage.

(25-04-2016, 08:09 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  Sorry but i agree with Jen too. Even if you were taking PM and not BC you still should only be taking no more than 200mg, all the reputable PM sellers and health pharmacies recomend that. Too much estrogen can make you shrink too.

I just checked the BC pills I'm using and they are combined oral contraceptives with both estrogen and progesterone, but contain more progesterone. I read another thread from here where people discussed about how to use PM with BC and that this exact kind I'm using would be the best in regulating hormones while on PM and there wouldn't be a need for cycling either because I don't have my natural menstruation so women on BC could use it throghout the month. The people seemed to have good results following this method with no harmful side effects. I'm being stubborn with this but I'm not ready to give up on PM just yet because it seems promising and I haven't had any problems with it. I've been unresponsive to other herbs, BO and massaging, (none of them caused side effects but they didn't do anything either) this is the only thing so far that seems to be doing something.
The 200 mg sounds like a really low dosage since most women seem to use the minimum of 350-500 mg? Also many users, scientific studies and sellers I've read from seem to claim the 1500 mg as still a safe dosage, might be wrong, but I've been counting on that.
But I'm going to lower the dosage to 500 mg (since my PM is 500 mg) and see how it goes from there. I wouldn't want to use too much if I could benefit from the lower dose as well and it'd be less risking it in the long run.

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad and frightening experience ellacraig, I hope you're doing better now.

Jenniferlove how long did it take you to gain all this? How much/often did you use the noogleberry and massage? Those are great results indeed. I'd like to try them but I'm kind of hesitant because massaging didn't help me last time. I did it the minimum of 30 mins (occasionally more up to an hour) per day for about two months. I don't know if it would take longer to see any results but being discouraged I couldn't bother to continue.

Thank you both for your advise, I'll definitely check the noogleberry and the non herbal nbe thread.

Here is my thread with a ton of photos. It talks about how long it took for me to grow and how exactly I got there: http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=17638

What's your BCP? I've never heard of ANY BCP that contains even a smidgen of actual progesterone, they are all either estrogen and progestin or progestin only. Progestin is a synthetic hormone that actually doesn't act much like progesterone at all, even though it binds to some of the same receptors.

(26-04-2016, 03:04 AM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  
(25-04-2016, 11:39 PM)Cherry Wrote:  

Here is my thread with a ton of photos. It talks about how long it took for me to grow and how exactly I got there: http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=17638

Thank you, I'll check your thread.

(26-04-2016, 03:32 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  What's your BCP? I've never heard of ANY BCP that contains even a smidgen of actual progesterone, they are all either estrogen and progestin or progestin only. Progestin is a synthetic hormone that actually doesn't act much like progesterone at all, even though it binds to some of the same receptors.

It's a brand called Gestinyl.
It contains ethinylestradiol and gestodene. It took some time to find good information but you seem to be right, I found a site that says this:
"Ethinylestradiol is a synthetic version of oestrogen and gestodene is a 'third generation' synthetic form of progesterone." I first looked up on finnish sites and they just claimed it as progesterone so I had to switch to english ones to find more info on it. I also found this information:
"In biological test systems, such as the Clauberg test or Kauffman test, gestodene has proved to be a very effective progestogen. Among nortestosterone derivates it is one of the most potent and resembles progesterone biologically in its progestogenic effects. This biologically identical gestagenic activity of gestodene and progesterone is reflected by a very similar behaviour in vitro in terms of binding to progesterone receptors of human uterus cytosol."
I must admit I didn't understand everything because english is not my first language and the terms are too scientific for me but from what I understood it seems to be potent in mimicking the natural progesterone?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon