Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

EveM's ENTIRE program!

Beremeal?
August 21 2008 at 8:00 AM Sunshine (no login)

I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some insight. I've been googling beremeal, bere cereal, etc, to see what form it comes in and how I might go about buying it. For those that have tried Eve's program, where did you get your beremeal? I'm having a really hard time tracking it down, so I'd greatly appreciate any tips in the right direction, thanks!!!!

coco
(no login)
Re: Beremeal?
August 21 2008, 10:24 AM

Hi I just started Eve's program and I wasn't able to find beremeal or bere but she had one post that mention you can substitute it with alfalfa.

Sunshine
(no login)
August 21 2008, 7:13 PM

Thanks Coco! I feel really silly, right after I posted my message, I went to Eve's program page and looked more carefully through her posts and found that information as well!

Happy growing!

littlelibrarian
(no login)
Beremeal
August 21 2008, 7:57 PM

I googled it and it gave this:

Beremeal
Beremeal is a primitive form of barley, with 4 rows of grains, and a spiny, sharp, seedhead.

The grain is very dark, almost black.

Beremeal is grown in the Orkney and Shetland Islands, Scotland.

Beremeal used to be grown primarily for brewing, though it could also be used for distilling whiskey from. In the Orkneys, farmers used to brew their own beer from Beremeal, up until the end of the Second World War.

Government grants were approved in July 2005 to study the possibility of reviving the use of Beremeal for brewing and distilling in Orkney.

Today, it is mostly used for making bannock.

When ground, Beremeal yields a dark meal that has a slightly astringent tang to it.

To make bannock, recipes usually use 2 parts Beremeal to 1 part flour.

To make risen bread, it needs to be mixed with wheat flour.

History
The Romans grew 6-rowed Beremeal in Viroconium, which was just south of where Shrewsbury, England is now.

Acknowlegements
Gourlay, Kath. Only here for the bere. The Scotsman. Edinburgh. 7 August 2003.

Also called: Bere Barley

The link I found is from a food encyclopedia: http://www.practicallyedible.com/edible.nsf/encyclopaedia!openframeset&frame=Right&Src=/edible.nsf/pages/beremeal!opendocument

maylynn
(Login Cselestyna)
August 21 2008, 10:36 PM

hey i posted the entire program in step by step format. with all the herbs and alternative herbs check it out. it should help you all alot.

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
August 21 2008, 11:29 PM

I use the Now Foods brand of alfalfa in place of the bere in Eve's program. It's relatively inexpensive at $12.00 CAD for a 1 pound tin. I use only a very small amount everyday so it lasts for a long time.

http://www.nowfoods.com/index.php?action=itemdetail&item_id=3838

Sunshine
(no login)
August 23 2008, 6:58 AM

You ladies are all so thoughtful! Thank you so much for posting that information.

I've been trying to balance my hormones recently (I've been on Vitex for about 4.5 months now and am seeing less deflation after my period, so I think my hormones are getting in check - then again, I'm also seeing less luteal swelling, so...) and wanted to make sure I had everything ready for when I start a real NBE program - I have Eve's in mind right now.

I'll definitely look into getting the alfalfa on-line, I'm from Canada too!! I'm happy to see you haven't had problems with ordering herbs, FrostedMint Smile

Anyone used Eve's program?
October 6 2006 at 8:36 PM valeryblack (Login valeryblack)

Anyone used Eve's program?
And did you have any results?

mitharatowen
(Login mitharatowen)
Re: Anyone used Eve's program?
October 7 2006, 1:53 AM

i started out by copying eves program and i had results. i wasnt able to get all of the same things she took but i got what i could. ive recently expanded my program to include common things like saw palmetto and EPO as well. id say that while i was copying eve's program i gained about an inch in 2 months. estimate.

valeryblack
(Login valeryblack)
October 7 2006, 9:16 AM

Wow...that is something. Could you give your stats please? hy did you add SP and so ?

mitharatowen
(Login mitharatowen)
October 8 2006, 2:14 AM

my stats are currently

bust 35
underbust 31
waist 25
hips 40

when i started everything was about the same except for my bust which was 33. i added the other things because theyre common in other programs where ladies are having success. i recently have started to gain weight tho Sad i hear that fennugreek can cause that. i havent had a problem with any weight gain until like the past month but im going to cut the fennugreek and see what happens.

mitharatowen
(no login)
October 8 2006, 3:18 AM

well i just measured and now that ive put on some weight my waist is about 26.5 now

tinyhope
(Login tinyhope)
How do you get the measurements?
October 8 2006, 9:09 AM

Hi Mitha
Just wondering - since you mentioned your statistics... How do you get the 35, 31 etc measurements? I'd like an idea of how I can measure myself too. Thanks very much for pointing us in the right direction... Smile

valeryblack
(Login valeryblack)
October 8 2006, 2:35 PM

Sorry, by stats I meant age, height, kgs etc. I heard fennel can replace fenugreek. Is it true?

mitharatowen
(Login mitharatowen)
October 8 2006, 11:13 PM

well firstly in response to tinyhope, you basically just measure yourself with a flexible tape measure (like the kind tailors use) around your bust at the widest part, across the middle of the nipples. and you want to make sure the tape measure is straight across your body, not diagonal.

as for the second question. i am 21 years old (just turned) and 5'6" and 135 pounds. i dont know what that is in kg sorry. non smoker very minimal drinker.

and about fennel and fennugreek.. i dont know. that's what i hear from the ladies on here. my routine thus far has been to take both. but i guess now i will replace the fennugreek with fennel and see how it goes. i definately dont want any more weight gain!

Nicole
(Login Nicole)
October 9 2006, 8:01 AM

I started Eve's program a month ago and have just seen a difference. Smile

tinyhope
(Login tinyhope)
October 11 2006, 2:07 PM

Awesome. Are you following it exactly?

Nicole
(Login Nicole)
October 12 2006, 2:17 AM

Not in every detail, but near enough.

Has anyone followed a program like EVE's and got results?
March 27 2008 at 1:57 AM Sarah B. (no login)

Has anyone followed a program like EVE's and got results?
Just wondering if it only worked for her, or if it has worked for others?

Sally Anne
(Login sally.anne)
Re: Has anyone followed a program like EVE's and got results?
March 28 2008, 8:10 PM

I think a couple of people said they did, but I can't remember their names now.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 28 2008, 8:20 PM

I don't think many people have copied it exactly, but I remember hearing of many who used versions of it or somewhat similar programs.

hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
March 28 2008, 9:02 PM

Yes people have used it, read through the profile pages to find the variations others have used of Eve's method.

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
March 29 2008, 4:51 AM

I've been on Eve's program (plus other things) since last year and have grown 1 1/2 inches so far. I'm currently doing a liver cleanse but plan on going back to it as soon as I'm done. I started out using capsules but have tracked down all the ingredients in dried and powdered form (except for the soy). It's so much cheaper that way. The milligram scale I ordered also finally showed up (after a whole month!). I'll be restarting my program in about 2 weeks or so.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 29 2008, 5:06 AM

Wow Frosted Mint - great results!

Where did you get the scales from?

Do you have a 5ml medicine spoon at home for a little experiment?

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
March 29 2008, 5:33 AM

Hi Louise,

The scale came from canadianweigh.com. It's accurate to .01 grams. I have a 5 ml teaspoon. Do you want me to measure something for you?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 29 2008, 5:38 AM

Yes please!

Can you find out what weight of each herb you have is a level 5ml tsp - if you fill the spoon high then use a knife to take the top off to make it flat. Ideally if you could measure each a few times to get an average! As you can tell I'm a nerd!

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
March 29 2008, 5:51 AM

So you want to know how many mgs are in each level teaspoon of all the herbs used in Eve's program?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 29 2008, 6:04 AM

Yes please, whatever herbs you've got - obviously you need to tell us what strength extracts and stuff you've used.

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
March 29 2008, 7:23 PM

Hi Louise,

I just finished measuring everything. I levelled my 5ml teaspoon off with a knife and weighed each herb 3 separate times. None of the herbs are in extract form. The results are as follows:

barley- 1805 mg ( Vitamin World )

alfalfa- 2175 mg ( Now Foods)

fennel- 2090 mg (I grind this myself)

fenugreek- 2530 mg (same as above)

hops- 520 mg (same as above)

flaxseed- 1935 mg (same as above)

oats- n/a (I have a bag of milky oat seed but haven't ground it up yet)

soy- n/a (still taking this one in pill form)

My grinder does a pretty good job so the results would be comparable if I bought the herbs already ground.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 29 2008, 11:43 PM

Frostedmint - you are my new best friend! Thankyou thankyou thankyou!

I'll have to have a look at this stuff a bit more thoroughly either tomorrow or Tuesday as I'm knackered!

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
March 30 2008, 3:56 AM

I've never really tried the liquid extracts for NBE. Is it more effective?? It's too confusing to me and it seems to be more expensive.

Halome
(Login Halome)
March 30 2008, 2:54 PM

Im wanting to try to do an Eve-esque program, but its not fairing as well as Id like. no local places sell hops, oat, soy, bere, barley or fennel in powder form. Im stuck on a military base with crap for stores. I have gotten my fullness back however since i got done with boot camp and training. I dont know if its from starting birth control again or the concoction of Fenugreek saw palmetto, vitex and flax seed im taking though.

Honeydew
(Login honeydew71)
April 10 2008, 9:14 PM

Hi Sarah,
How long have you been on the program to have grown 1 1/2"? Congratulations!

may
(Login Cselestyna)
April 10 2008, 11:21 PM

hey Frostedmint: how do you take your herbs? do you encapsule them yourself or just mix them in juice or something? how many mg /day do you take?

i noticed someone mention extracts, do you take extracts? if so do you buy them or make them?

having to wiegh them out and everything every day sounds like alot of work.

jackie: extracts are very effective as they are 3x as potent as dried herbs, and they absorbe twice as fast. a small amount of extract is equivilent to double the amount of dried herbs in capsules. that's why it is reccomended to consume both the herbs and the extracts. that way you are getting more and are bennefiting more from two things.

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
April 10 2008, 11:22 PM

Honeydew-Assuming you meant me, it took 4 months.

May-I've been on a month long break but will be restarting again tomorrow. I plan on taking the herbs with yogurt like Eve did. I'll be using the same amounts (mgs) as she did as well. None of the herbs I have are in extract form. I bought a milligram scale so I don't mind putting in the extra effort. Eve's pictures are motivation enough!

may
(Login Cselestyna)
April 10 2008, 11:35 PM

well ihope you'll post your new programme! do you have a program page?

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
April 11 2008, 12:05 AM

Yes, I have program page. I'll be updating it soon. My new program will be a pared down version of the original.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
April 11 2008, 7:05 AM

May - extracts are usually 4:1 but I also have 10:1 and 15:1, it should tell you the strength on the packaging.

nay
(Login Cselestyna)
April 11 2008, 8:21 AM

no i know that, i use extracts in my current program, i was just wondering if anyone had tried making their own,

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
April 12 2008, 5:42 AM

I didn't know you could make your own extracts! I deliberately avoided buying extracts because Eve didn't use them in her program. Also, I don't really understand that whole thing anyway so it's just as well. Today was the first day of my new program and once I become more used to it I'll probably make up one large batch of herbs instead of weighing everything on a daily basis.

This message has been edited by frostedmint06 on May 13, 2008 4:43 AM

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
May 1 2008, 5:02 AM

I've grown another 1/2 inch. That makes it 2" so far. I've gone from 34AA to 34B in 8 months. Needless to say I'm very happy and cannot wait to buy some new bras now that I actually have something to put in them!

jackie
(Login classyfashh)
May 2 2008, 1:41 PM

I'm not sure but in a few months when my hormones are balanced out I think I might do her routine as it sounds pretty promising.

jackie
(Login classyfashh)
May 2 2008, 1:46 PM

Also...
May-
"extracts are very effective as they are 3x as potent as dried herbs, and they absorbe twice as fast. a small amount of extract is equivilent to double the amount of dried herbs in capsules. that's why it is reccomended to consume both the herbs and the extracts. that way you are getting more and are bennefiting more from two things."

So if you consume the herbs AND also the same but in extract form... would this be expensive?

Does anyone know where exactly a good online store is to purchase extracts of the herbs? And how many drops to use? If it even comes in droppers? lol.

jenn
(Login JennMJ)
May 3 2008, 5:04 AM

jackie
if you live in the US
the vitamin shoppe is where i buy them from
or used to, im a bit sensitive, but im considering buying them again.

dont know if they ship outside of the US, worth looking into though.

vitaminshoppe.com i think is the URL

Eve's program
November 19 2006 at 10:52 AM Anonymous (no login)

Has anyone followed Eve's program and saw results?
Eve did you notice enlargement soon after you started taking the herbs?

Miss Monet
(Login friskyflirt)
Re: Eve's program
November 19 2006, 7:13 PM

I was considering trying Eve's program, but there are a lot of other herbs not listed in her program that I feel I could benefit from or that could work just as good if not better. For this reason, I've decided to make up my own program -- which I'm currently in the process of doing. I'll try out my program for a few months, and if I don't see results then I'll perhaps try some "known to work" programs such as the wonderful Eve M's. Smile

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
November 19 2006, 9:45 PM

If I remeber correctly Mitharatowen copied Eve's program more or less and had results. There are really a lot of opptions as there are many herbs and I think it's better to make up your own program. I think soy is is a very good herb for NBE and was possible one of the more important ingrediants in Eve's program.

jellyboobs
(Login jellyboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
hi frisky !!!
November 19 2006, 9:58 PM

Ive just posted my new program too !!!!!! but I started it on nov 1st.good luck love jelly....

I don't think a great many women have followed Eve's program blow by blow, but there are many who have come up with their own versions of it.

mitharatowen
(Login mitharatowen)
November 21 2006, 1:06 AM

you are correct moon. i started out following eve's program as closely as I could (i couldnt get oats or borage) then later on adding extra things that are popular on the forum. i grew alot at first and now it seems to be alot slower so i dunno but eves program did work for me. maybe i shoulda stuck to it huh? Tongue no i think its natrual to grow slower later on.. but anyways yes i did follow eve's program and I'm up somwhere between 2.5-3 inches so far. been about 7 months. so i guess thats good? seems really slow to me tho Tongue i want to grow Ds overnight haha

Alcest
(Login Alcest)
November 21 2006, 1:32 AM

Three inches if fantastic!! That's so wonderful, I know 7 months is a long time but that's so worth it isn't it? =)!!

emmie
(Login emmiedee)
congrats on the three!
November 21 2006, 6:52 PM

three inches! thats awesome! i know what you mean about wanting them overnight, though... forget overnight, i want them NOW! but great for your progress!

hugs and good boobie wishes!

Jasmine
(Login Jasmine)
November 21 2006, 6:52 PM

Eve started to see results in the second month, if I recall correctly. Which is reasonably soon.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon