Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why wait for period?

Why wait?
March 4 2006 at 6:40 AM K-dub (no login)

What is the significance of waiting until you start your period to begin taking the herbs? Does it really make that big of a difference?

Steph
(no login)
Well-Im probly gona get BLASTED for this lol
March 4 2006, 6:52 AM

But "I" dont think its really that important,not everybodys the same but I started mine mid-cycle and Ive grown just fine.Many girls do believe its best to wait for ur period so that the herbs are "in-sync" with ur monthly cycle.Girls have done it BOTH ways and I havnt noticed any "link" with better results yet either way.

Sunset
(no login)
The main reason
March 4 2006, 4:12 PM

is so that you are working with your bodies own natural hormones.
Hormones run a schedule. And supposedly to effectively duplicate the hormones that caused your breast to develope during puberty, you should work with the hormones that you have now.

Some people feel safer by working with their bodies own natural hormones.

There are SPECIFIC times when high progesterone levels HELP breast growth,and other times when it can STALL it.

To do this in my opinion, you should then wait for the first day of your period to take the herbs. At different times during your period, you have more of one hormone and less of others. Starting the herbs on day 1 would ensure that you are working with your own natural hormones.

It is not proven that this is "THE" only way to grow though.
It's just that some individuals feel that this is the best way to go about it for THEM. And I would be one of those individuals. Smile

Christina
(no login)
I'm with Steph
March 4 2006, 4:25 PM

I didn't start taking my herbs on my period. When I got them in the mail I started taking them that day. And I have grown just fine. I've gained over 2" in less than a year and it's hard for me to believe that I would maybe be over 3" or something right now if I had started on my period.

So for me, I think that starting your herbs anytime is just fine. On your period, off your period, whatever you want : )

Sunset
(no login)
Christina& Steph
March 4 2006, 4:28 PM

Thanks for the other way around. You 2 are proof that it may not really matter.

It's a decision that is up to the individual pretty much.

SugarQ
(no login)
Re: Untitled
March 4 2006, 4:33 PM

totally agree with sunset. we are not too sure if it make a big difference but theoretically it makes sense. some people feel its better to start taking herbs on the day when you hormones are at their lowest and let them follow your cycle. maybe to some people its a waste of time but they havnt shown or preven takining the herbs at anytime is any better. nor has she proven that it any less or more safe.IMO do what you want. taking the herbs whenever wont kill you or anything. just remember these herbs are messing with your hormones. just like when you take prescription BCP and you have to take them and stop them at specific times consistantly for them to work. And Progesterone cream, there is a speicfic time you take them and then you stop. you cant expect herbs, which are messing with your body hormonally, to be any different. many women here find they get later or earlier periods so they treat their herbs like a BCP. Do what makes sense for you. many women have found success following the "Day 1 Start" rule and we dont know if it makes too much a difference on success. but at least we are trying to work with our own bodies so that at the herbs dont have too much of a negative impact on our bodies. thats the reason for the Day 1 Start. its worth the wait.

Buffy
(no login)
Re: Untitled
March 4 2006, 6:14 PM

For what it's worth, I also started my herbs mid-cycle the first time, because that is when I happened to get them. I grew anyway.

Sunset
(no login)
there you go
March 4 2006, 6:34 PM

as you can see, it does not effect the way some people grow.
It's an individual chioce. Smile

Why wait for period?
March 9 2006 at 1:11 AM Bekka (no login)

Hi everyone

Why do you have to wait for your period to begin these programs? Should I have waited when I recieved my BG pills? I actually started taking them like a week or so prior to it. If I wanted to start adding herbs along with my BG pills, should I wait then?

That was one problem I had with both my BG pills and Benefil, I recieved absolutely no information with them at all, just "Take with meals, and rub the stuff on"

Bekka

Mrs.Taylor
(Login Mrs.Taylor)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Why wait for period?
March 9 2006, 1:25 AM

I can feel that girl Coincidentally I took my 1st breast gain pill on Sunday 5th the 1st day of my period cuz that's when I got them. But I started my herbal routine be4 that a 1 1/2 before girl I wonder too Im lost.

Steph
(no login)
Both sides to this question
March 9 2006, 4:44 AM

Since Sunset and I bump heads on this one I'll offer both basics:I started mid-cycle and so did many others and we've all grown just fine,the other side is that starting the herbs by cycle start keeps ur routine "in-sync" with ur bodies natural cycle.U can do it either way however neither way will give u "better" growth results then the other and the members results have proven that thus far.

Sunset
(no login)
Nicely done Steph
March 9 2006, 6:22 PM

I didnt know we bump heads on this. I just prefere to wait for "ME" I dont think there is no "right" or "wrong" way. Both ways have gotten results, none more better than others I dont think.

Jamerai
(Login Jamerai)
EVE MEMBERS
Bump
March 9 2006, 9:24 PM

The theory is that the herbs follow your cycle. Since we need all the help we can get to grow I think it's worthwhile to follow the theory. It can't do any harm and might help you.

Jennelle
(Login Jenneelle)
EVE MEMBERS
March 10 2006, 7:56 AM

If you are waiting for someone to give you a convincing reason for why you have to wait for your period to start the herbs you will no doubt be waiting for the explanation for a very long time. I don't see anything in it.

Bekka
(Login Bekka.)
EVE MEMBERS
March 10 2006, 11:34 PM

Thanks a lot

Bekka

Do you have to start with your period?
May 23 2006 at 2:21 PM Persephonee (Login Persephonee)

How important is it to start taking herbs with the first day of your period? I have been taking milk thistle for a little over a week and I just got my period today but wasn't expecting it until this weekend so I didn't get herbs yet. Sad Could I start in a few days or should I just wait until next month?
Persephonee

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Take them when you get them,
May 23 2006, 2:52 PM

Not everyone here is so percise as to when to take herbs and they have had great sucess with NBE. Start taking them when you get them. But you can check back through the posts for more info on this. I know SugarQ has posted the exact reason why herbs are best started on certain days. I don't think it will make that much differece itonly a couple days off, and besides you said you come early anyway. Good Luck, this probably wasn't much help. I know detailed info is in previous posts.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Sorry<<<<
May 23 2006, 3:09 PM

Tried a search through the forum here and cannot find the posts I'm looking for to help answer your question. I know this has been asked many times before, the answer is here somewhere.

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
Re: Do you have to start with your period?
May 23 2006, 4:11 PM

you can take the herbs pretty much when ever you want. the rule of thumb is that you take it on day 1 of your cycle but you can take it like a birth control pill (so you have about 5-8 days left to start taking the herbs). or you can wait till day 15 when breasts are at their largest and estrogen and progrogesterone levels are at their peak. when you take the herbs then you might encourage extra growth or at least reduce shrinkage when your period starts up again. it really doesnt matter. there are many theories surrounding why you take herbs at surtain times but its really not a big deal. if you can are patient enough to wait at least till day 15 or the start of your next cycle(day 1) then just do that.

Persephonee
(Login Persephonee)
Thanks Smile
May 24 2006, 3:29 PM

Thanks Snowflake and SugarQ for the response. Smile I guess I'll start on day 15. Wish me luck. I'm still debating on the fenugreek issue. I'm paranoid about lactating. LOL
Thanks again
Persephonee

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Hey,
May 24 2006, 3:35 PM

Best of Luck with your routine. RC,FN,WY, are always oppsions if Fenugreek dosn't work for you. Maybe half your fenugreek with half of something else. Anyway, good luck!!!!

Jennelle
(Login Jenneelle)
EVE MEMBERS
May 28 2006, 7:59 AM

It's a theory, but so far nobody has come up with a convincing argument why you need to start taking herbs at any specific time.

Persephonee
(Login Persephonee)
May 28 2006, 2:26 PM

Thanks for the responses. I'll keep the RC, WY and FN in mind. I think I may start out with a low dosage of the fenugreek and then half it with something else. Thanks! Smile
Persephonee

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon