Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

NBE... is it safe?

Spider Veins
July 8 2009 at 7:24 AM NBEstudent (no login)

After intaking soy products (soy milk)I've noticed spider veins appearing. I talked to a nutruitionalist and she said make sure and don't drink too much soy milk because it can raise your estrogen levels - which causes spider veins.

Has anyone else been experiencing these side effects? I know a lot of NBE has phytoestrogens in it and can throw the hormones out of wack.

Melonita
(Login melonita)
Re: Spider Veins
July 8 2009, 7:14 PM

Hi NBE student,

I experience the same on estrogenic herbs. It was one of the reasons for me to cut down my intake. I eat lots of soy too and took 4 pills a day of a commercial product (the recommended dose) consisting mainly of soy and hops. Now I cut down to only one pill a day. It was only a few days or so ago that I cut down, but the spider veins seem to have lessened.

Did your doctor tell you how higher estrogen levels cause spider veins? I am curious about that.

PrettyLittleBs
(Login PrettylittleBs)
July 8 2009, 11:35 PM

Varicose Veins and Spider veins and quite common during pregnancy due to hormonal changes. I did not get them when I was pregnant with my son...but I did get them when I was pregnant with my daughter.

Are you guys referring to spider veins ( almost look like bruises on your leg) or varicose veins (blue veins that stand out more)? Spider veins are hard to get rid of.

melonita
(Login melonita)
July 10 2009, 4:43 PM

I'm not sure PrettyLittleBs it's more like I can see my entire pattern of veins. Not 'thick' or anything, but it's across my chest and on my arms and the inner side of my thighs. I am not sure if what I have is actually called 'spider veins' in English (tough these medical words in English;-) But I only seem to have it now that I have started on herbs.

Varicose Veins from high estrogen??
March 15 2008 at 11:25 PM silhouette (no login)

I have been doing NBE for almost a year now. Since about October I have been taking Bovine Ovary off and on and have just recently noticed a large network of gross spider veins AND the beginnings of varicose veins all over my legs Sad
Has anyone noticed the same thing after starting a routine that involves raising estrogen levels?
I read online that some high estrogen birth control pills may increase the risk of getting them.
I'm on my feet all day at work, and I exercise about four times a week lifting weights, I'm petite and fairly slender.

Anyone know of successful treatments for visible veins?
Should I stop taking the B.O. for a while or has the damage already been done?

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
Re: Varicose Veins from high estrogen??
March 16 2008, 3:31 PM

Well I don't believe mine have really changed recently but I have spider veins too (but no varicose veins)! I would LOVE to know if there is anything natural we can do about them. The only thing I can think of would be to improve our circulation (which is good because I just recently bought some cayenne) but I don't think that will affect the ones that are already there. I think I read somewhere that vitamin K helps but I not sure. I definitely want to hear what others know about this Smile

Oh and by the way I have no idea if it is caused by excess estroge or not. If so, than does this mean getting these spider veins AND cellulite as a teenager I am estrogen dominant afterall? Or that I just have poor muscle tone and circulation (because I do I love lounging and laying about for long periods of time).

This message has been edited by Hopeful88 on Mar 16, 2008 3:34 PM

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
March 16 2008, 4:10 PM

Estrogen is a risk factor for varicose veins, but one needs to have several risk factors to develop them. Apparently you do, so I really don't think it's recomendable for you to continue NBE. I would advise you to go see a doctor. Varicose veins can cause more serious problems than that they look ugly.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
March 16 2008, 4:42 PM

How come she can't continue NBE? Just curious... varicose veins are those big blue squiggly ones right? My spider veins are just a few dark little veins on my thighs, are you sure you don't just have a group of these or something?

Good luck silhouette!

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
March 16 2008, 6:18 PM

Depends on whether she (or anyone) has real varicose veins, which is why she should see a doctor. The main causes or risk factors for varicose veins are incereased venous pressure (sedetary work and lifestyle) and weakness of the vessel walls (genetic). Varicose veins are permanently dilated subcutanous veins with local thickenings and fibrosis of the wall and local dilatations. They're elongated and winding. The vain valves are often damaged. They cause decreased venous blood flow, which causes ishemia (lack of oxygen to local tissue), swelling of the legs, formation of cloths, and I would say they also have an overall negative effect on the function of the heart and the circulation. If NBE is what triggered her varicose veins, I would say it's better not to continue it cause varicose veins are not an insignificent health problem. Tho if hers were only a mild case, maybe she could. I think she should consult it with a doctor.

This message has been edited by -Moon- on Mar 16, 2008 6:45 PM

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
March 16 2008, 6:43 PM

I agree with Moon - she should definitely stop the BO and get checked out by the doctor. Bovine ovary is not standardized - that means there is no way to know just how much hormone is in each batch of pills made or in each individual pill.

Seasonal changes that cause ovulation in the cows will increase the percentage of progesterone in the ovary - so sometimes there is a greater amount of progesterone percentage per pill and sometimes there is a greater amount of estrogen percentage per pill.

This is one of the things that causes inconsistent results in the use of bovine ovary. Not everyone is taking the same amount of hormones - even if they are taking the same amount of pills.

Varicose veins are not a trifling matter. Any time we get a disturbing symptom while doing NBE we need to be very cautious. We are basically experimenting with the things we are taking - there is no assurance of safety. Our best way to reduce risk is be alert to symptoms and take protective measures when necessary.

waxingmoon

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 16 2008, 6:52 PM

I think I have spider veins now, I just thought it was from getting fat like stretchmarks - do they mean anything? Think they've been there for years.

lankygirl
(Login lankygirl)
March 16 2008, 9:30 PM

Ladies, I am taking Horse Chestnut Extract for veins. Mine have improved. Research it before thinking about taking it because it could have some interactions with things you are taking for NBE. It can act like a blood thinner alongside Saw Palmetto in some people. I take both with no adverse affects. Varicose veins totally run in my family and I've seen such great improvement. I believe Horse Chestnut Extract is supposed to strengthen the vein walls. Again, do research. Just a note, Horse Chestnuts contain something in it that is poison to people, but Horse Chestnut Extract is fine.

Kekie
(Login Kekie)
March 16 2008, 10:34 PM

Is age a factor in getting varicose veins?

lankygirl
(Login lankygirl)
March 17 2008, 12:05 AM

Age is not a factor. I started showing and feeling the burning sensation from them as a teen. Age is a factor in everything getting worse however, I do believe age related problems can be slowed down and reversed to a point with healthy living. Pregnancy can contribute to the vein problem because the baby and growing belly can cut off blood flow from your lower extremities to your heart. The worst vein problems seem to be less from blood flow being cut-off and more about failing vein valves. I think eating complete proteins, getting enough vitamin C(for collagen production), good cholesterol and maybe even collogen supplements can all really help your skin, veins, organs and even NBE. At least that's what I've found from my own experimentation. For my gelatin consumption, I do not eat chicken feet soup but I do make broth out of bones and a bit of meat and it seems to work well (meaning in turns to gelatin in the fridge). I do also recommend the Horse Chestnut Extract specifically for the vein problem. All of these things seems to have helped me alot with my vein problem, my skinnyness, my NBE, my aging skin. Feeling better at 30 than I ever have in my entire life. Oh, I almost forgot. I truly believe omega 3 fatty acids can greatly improve vein health, skin health, heart and brain health and NBE efforts.

Miles
(no login)
March 17 2008, 4:07 AM

I actually developed a whole network of spider veins on my legs after I began Spironolactone and began using fenugreek and my estrogen increased. They have become slowly better after about a year of using the Spironolactone. Don't know if it is just my body balancing out the estrogen or getting used to the spironolactone or what. Not doing estrogenic herbs any more and finding alot of "issues" I had are slowly clearing. Bloating, looking puffy all over, flushing, spider veins, cellulite and wrinkles. We'll see how it continues as I am due to start Vitex in a few days.

Tessica
(Login Tessica)
March 18 2008, 8:03 AM

I developed one varicose vein after a pregnancy, and I did exercises like knee lifts, rested with my legs elevated as much as possible, and took ginkgo biloba and it helped a lot. It didn't do anything for the spider veins, though.

Side Effects of Herbs--weight and cellulite
March 6 2008 at 7:54 PM Elana (Login Elana45)

I was just wondering from those of you who have experienced growth, did you also gain weight or notice more cellulite?

I've been taking a combination of herbs (Fennel, Red Clover, and Saw Palmetto) for almost a month now and i've been massaging with a cream mixture of fenugreek and wild yam extract (2x daily).

So far, not really any growth, some itchy-ness and soreness, but definitely an increase in weight and cellulite---very frustrating.

Also, would it be a good idea to just massage with some herbs? will it still be the same as taking pills? Will there be permanent results?

Thanks!

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
Re: Side Effects of Herbs--weight and cellulite
March 6 2008, 9:07 PM

I've been taking SP since december, and I have not experienced any weight gain or new cellulite.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
March 6 2008, 9:10 PM

SP is known to have a relatively high frequency of weight gain and cellulite side effects. I didn't have it tho, but quite a few women did. A substitute of SP is nettle root. You should have switched it as soon as you started noticing, because it may not be possible to get rid of it. Switch now.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
March 6 2008, 9:32 PM

I would just take Cayenne to control your weight and getting cellulite during nbe. I started about a week ago and added Cayenne to my nbe routine and I haven't been as hungry at ALL anymore and when I do eat, I eat booby good foods. I also dropped 2lbs. I actually love it! It takes a while to get used to 'cause at first it makes your skin itch and burn. But I suggest it. And saw palmetto HAS shown cellulite and weight gain in a lot of cases.

Elana
(Login Elana45)
March 7 2008, 3:48 PM

Thanks for all the info. I didn't know that SP could cause that when I started taking it. In fact, I didn't know this forum existed when I started taking it, if I had I probably would've not taken it at all. I hope the cellulite is not permanent--I was under the assumption that it was largely genetic, but certain foods/lifestyles could increase or decrease the appearance of it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a healthy diet and exercise (that would specifically work the muscles in those areas) should help it return to normal...

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 7 2008, 8:21 PM

I don't know if exercise will make much difference. It is fat that you're seeing but it's caused by toxins or something as it appears even on skinny people. I read a lot about this when I was about 14 (sadly a long time ago!). I tried detoxing by eating only apples and drinking only water for 48 hours, remember I felt a bit sick after but don't know if it had much effect! In general I've since read that cutting out processed foods and dairy and using a body brush to brush toward the heart should help to clear it. I asked a few questions about body brushing a few months ago so if you have a look through the old posts there is some info about technique and stuff or you can just google it.

Miles
(no login)
March 7 2008, 9:21 PM

I was taking Fenugreek, Fennel, and to a lesser extent, and for a shorter time, Red clover and I got cellulite and weight gain. Never took saw palmetto. And the cellulite and weight gain happened almost immediately after taking fenugreek and fennel. I would say a month or two in.

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
March 8 2008, 1:55 AM

Saw Palmetto sometimes has that effect, but Red Clover is the culprit. As an external it can be good, but as an internal it seems to do that to everyone except those who are petite.

Wanttobecurvey
(Login wanttobecurvey)
Sife Effects of Herbs-weight and cellulite
March 8 2008, 3:47 AM

I too experienced the cellulite and am quite unhappy about it.
Because of this and only temporary swelling in breasts, no permanent growth,
I stopped NBE a few months back. It was making me kind of puffy in general I think.
Even when I work out I still seem flabbier now so I am working really hard to firm
up again. For now I am sticking to the foods and soy milk? Does anyone know if soy can cause it?
I think it's the herbs in general not just SP or RC.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
March 8 2008, 3:54 AM

Louise-
Does the body brushing and detoxing help get rid fat in the abodomen you were saying? Would tea help as well?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 8 2008, 4:35 AM

I think people take green tea for dieting but not sure why, there are also diet teas but think they're only apetite suppressants. I don't actually like tea so don't know much about it!

I've heard body brushing can reduce fat a bit but it's mainly to encourage lymph drainage which helps detox the body and get rid of cellulite, it's good for circulation too - just do the crunches!

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
March 8 2008, 4:45 AM

Oh good good good I need that for my butt
this'll be hard!

PrincessPearl
(Login PrincessPearl)
March 8 2008, 7:13 AM

I did get cellulite from saw palmetto. I did not know there was a connection since at the time I did not read this forum. I now take PO which is even worse for the cellulite...but I don't want to give up now!

Cellulean helps, I use it twice a day, cannot live without it. It is a gel that you just rub vigorously into the skin. It is the only product that has been proven to work in UCLA studies.

Dry brushing helps too, like Louise said. Then with a different brush, in the shower, brush some more. It is great for the skin circulation.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
March 8 2008, 9:17 AM

Wow I didn't know RC causes cellulite as well, I'm taking it. I didn't notice anything so far but I need to take a good look at my thigs now. I'm slim but tall, so I don't think I qualify as petite...

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 8 2008, 8:24 PM

I'm a funny shape - short, v small waist and underbust, almost reasonable boobs (thanks to suction!), fat arms and legs - is this petite / curvy / fat / average / sick & twisted??!?!

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
March 9 2008, 1:21 PM

Curvy. I am like, long skinny legs and arms. and just bigger around my abodomen a bit with like small 34c boobs
ahhaha mine's weirder hahahah
like opposite of an hour glass shapr or something

js89
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
March 10 2008, 3:53 AM

I am one of the "lucky" ones who gained weight (over 15 pounds) and cellulite with NBE. I haven't taken anything in over a year and a half, and I'm still dealing with the weight and cellulite - and I must say, not very happy about it!

hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
March 10 2008, 5:37 AM

Louise I'd say you are petite and curvy which I think is a combo alot of guys would like! As for myself, I'm not petite (5'5) fairly slim with some thunder thighs and booty... my man says i flow soo nicely, I beg to differ though!

hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
March 10 2008, 5:42 AM

Oops missed js89's post:

Sorry to hear about your unhappiness over the results, but I think evntually we all get cellulite... I'm 20 and already have some (not from SP! it was pre-existing) and I just don't worry about it really. You can always try do squats, leg lifts, here's some good websites to look at:

http://www.cellulite.co.za/exercise.htm
http://www.ultimate-cosmetics.com/beauty...cises.html
http://www.ihatecellulite.com/cellulite_exercise.html

I think those with a combination of a cellulite cream should help you at least a little Smile good luck

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 10 2008, 5:45 AM

I think detox diets and body brushing are more likely to help than exercise - even skinny people have cellulite. Considering how fat my legs look I don't have much, think it was worse when I was younger.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
March 10 2008, 1:53 PM

I have some cellulite, but it doesn't show cause I'm slim. It's most often like that with slim people, it normally it's completely invisible, but if you squeeze the skin and the fat underneeth, it appears. I better never gain too much weight!

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
March 10 2008, 4:43 PM

So, I think it'd be a good idea to wrap your area that has fat/cellulite that you don't want, in seran wrap every night. I did that last night and took 2 Cayenne pills before bed and I cut it off in the morning and I was a lot firmer and I was all sweaty in that area. Plus there was less fat. So I'm thinking it might of been from maybe some water retention? Because there's still a little bit of fat.

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
March 10 2008, 5:08 PM

Louise is right. Detoxing and body brushing work well to get rid of cellulite. Exercise is also important for circulation. But the best stuff to get rid of it is yohimburn.

http://www.yohimburn.com/

Put it on 30 minutes before exercise, but don't overdo it. You want to keep it local.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 10 2008, 9:01 PM

Wahaika,

I've been thinking about getting yohimburn for ages, do you actually know people is worked for? How much exercise would I need to do while using it? Would it speed up my metabolism and burn off boob fat? My fat legs have all the fat located within about 4inches vertically so it's a very local (but very fat!) area which I understnd is what yohimburn is supposed to be used for - do you think it will make much difference?

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
March 11 2008, 2:50 AM

Louise,

>>...do you actually know people is worked for?

Yep, it has worked on everyone who has tried it. This was using DF.

https://www.anafit.com/shop/yohimburn/pr...e184c78971

I don't know of anyone who has used ES but it is supposed to be more potent.

>>How much exercise would I need to do while using it?

Moderate exercise, enough to keep fit, but not a fat reduction routine. 20 minutes of weight training, for example. Keeping muscle tone is different than losing fat or building muscle. Exercise also has the effect of raising HGH levels so you get a double benefit. HGH also burns fat. That is why you have to be in the happy medium. Most of the women on the BEBOARD, (long time ago) used a system called T-Tapping.

>>Would it speed up my metabolism and burn off boob fat?

Properly applied, it will not speed up metabolism, but putting too much on, where it sinks in and gets into the bloodstream and then becomes systemic, could burn boob fat, in theory.

>>My fat legs have all the fat located within about 4inches vertically so it's a very local (but very fat!) area which I understnd is what yohimburn is supposed to be used for - do you think it will make much difference?

Yes. I think it will. But it may also be that once you stop using it, and become a couch potatoe, for example, the fat will return. As a theory, I would say that if you want to lose fat from your legs, then you do exercises that focus on your legs (like various leg presses and pulls or walking/running, for example.) Losing fat does not work that way, but I think that would be the optimal usage of Yohimburn.

Wahaika

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 11 2008, 5:17 AM

Thanks for that, believe me I've tried quite a lot of different things and even when my BMI's been down to 19 I still had fatty legs even though round the face I looked ill and I was 32A-AA. I only ever do leg exercise and even when I had a personal trainer come to my house to do leg exercise with me the result was I lost an inch from my waist!

I am aware of t-tapp, there are a few free exercises on the internet and I've just started back with Callanetics too and have a cross trainer.

Would I have to do this every day? I hate to do anything after work, would walking be enough?

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
March 11 2008, 4:23 PM

Use it every time you exercise no matter what the exercise is.

I would say that it is like everything else. You have to try a few things in a few different ways to see what works best and how often to do it since everyone is different.

It is the balance of doing NBE while losing weight that makes it difficult. The herbs that are taken internally become systemic which adds to the problem. The estrogenic fat is like a big vacuum cleaner. It attracts the herbs you are taking and takes from your free testosterone and makes more fat locally from aromatase that it manufactures locally. Once you rid yourself of it first, then you should have even better success with NBE. I don't know what success you have had so far, but if I were to guess I would say not much because if you have a significant problem with celulite or other estrogenic fats then your internals will all go there.

The other side of the coin is in apoptosis (cell death). You want to keep fat cells around so you can fill them. I you lose a bunch of poundage over a long period of time you will end up with fewer fat cells. Hence the problem.

The women on the BEBOARD had real good success by using T-Tapping, Skin Brushing, and yohimburn. Some did it while on their programs, some did it while off their programs. I would say that if you wanted to do both, you definitely should be heavy on the massage side of your program, using things that are known to work, while losing weight elsewhere. By relying on yohimburn on the places you want to lose cellulite and other estrogenic fats, and by getting the herbs in locally by massaging them in, you could theoretically lose weight off your legs while gaining on the breasts.

Is all this making sense?

Bottom line: Losing weight does not go with BE, but if you are going to do both, then T-Tapping, Skin Brushing, and Yohimburn, with diet and exercise - AND transdermals on the breast to keep them from losing mass, are the best way to go. Any internal herbs/etc. should be kept to low doses.

Wahaika

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 11 2008, 8:18 PM

Wahaika, thanks again, I feel you have underestimated my progress so far! I lost 14 lbs and went from full 32B/34A to loose 32B maybe even 32A. Then I got WU and Brava and lost 15 lbs more while gaining about 1.5 cups to decent 32C, but my underbust decreased so technically I'm 30D (30DD fits more comfortably though). I think in terms of internals I'm a bit of a funny case because I have PCO so I'm on dianette which has definitely fixed my yucky male body hair and has put the facial back to what is at least a female level, and I also take metformin to prevent insulin spiking. The metformin is known to mess with the stomach lining and I do feel my digestive process has been speeded up somewhat although I'm past the nausea stage with it but it's possible I don't absorb anything from the WU at all. I definitely got more feelings when I took 6x WU + 1g soy and about 400mg hops, oat and barley grass + omega oils, so hope to be getting back to that soon. Just tried 7x WU with no additional herbs because it's more convenient but didn't feel anything much, think I need more soy not more and more fenugreek! I'm using BB now so definitely going strong on the massage and I do eat reasonably well (a lot lot better than I ever did before last year). I'm 5'1 tall, about 107 lbs (been eating too much recently!), bust 33-33.25, underbust 26-26.5, waist 24, hips 35.5, thighs 21/20.5 - to give you an idea of my funny shape. You can only get yohimburn ES in Europe so I guess that's what I'll be getting.

How long do you have to exercise for it to be considered worth putting the cream on? Is it better to use it only in the centre of the worst area as it will spread out or should I put it from knee to hip to be sure (the fatty bit starts about 6 inches above the knee). Also I naturally don't have much cellulite, not sure if that makes a difference. Trying to brush 50 strokes 2x daily.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
March 11 2008, 11:42 PM

Wow waist 24, hips 35.5!!! That's a true hour glass shape (hips are 0.7 of waist) I'm so jealous dear you shouldn't ever complain about that Smile

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
March 12 2008, 12:58 AM

Enough to break a sweat. 20 - 30 minutes would be a guess, but again, it depends on what works for you.

I didn't know you have grown so well while losing weight at the same time. I hope that history is captured on a programs page somewhere!

Looking at the numbers, I think I am in agreement with Hopefull88. You have nothing to complain about, especially with 30D/DDs. But based on the 'ol 36-24-36 standard, I can understand why you would think you are bottom heavy (actually, top light as far as numbers go) at 5'1" and under 110lbs from a strictly numbers standpoint. And only you know what you are after. However, I think you should know that there is another body type that you sound perfect for and maybe that is what you are and are fighting against. Some women, and they are rare, have what I can only describe as a perfect dewdrop shape from the back. If you do have this kind of shape, the very last thing you want to do is to lose it. I can understand wanting to get rid of cellulite, but don't overdo the weight loss. It can ultimately throw you past what you think is funny looking to something worse. Remember, fat in all the right places is attractive and women have all kinds of different natural shapes.

Good luck with your sculpture.

Wahaika

This message has been edited by Wahaika on Mar 12, 2008 2:55 AM

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 12 2008, 5:18 AM

Thanks I think! I've always been waiting to get my mum's figure, she's 5'2 and about 95-100 lbs and only recently have I got boobs of a similar size and she's nearly 60! Just realised that I take more after my dad's side, his mum was 36-24-36 when she was younger, I would probably have been the same if I hadn't had hormonal probs and a carb-only diet growing up so I think I've got the genetics, definitely the only person in the family to have less than a B cup. I'm shorter so want to go for 35-23-35, the waist isn't a problem and my hips are ok, don't want a flat butt, just want slimmer legs, they're nearly as big as my waist. Mum's legs are 19 inches in jeans! (I don't want to go that slim, maybe 20 - only 1 inch to lose but it just doesn't seem to happen). Believe me everything is in the program page, but D-DD on a 30 band is only 34B boobs on a smaller person and I have chubby arms too which hide them....will keep you posted if I get it fixed, at least I've lost 2 dress sizes and gained a cupsize so I must look better than before.

Breast Enlargement pills
April 28 2006 at 1:10 AM sass21 (Login sass21)
EVE MEMBERS

Hello Ladies & all considering taking Breast Gain Plus...I dont want to offend anyone, but I really think the info I have will be beneficial to many.. I researched, investigated, compared & investigated breast enalargement pills several months prior to making a decision to buy. I ended up choosing Breast Gain Plus. I had been taking the pills for more than 2 weeks when I realized...I had no sex drive, when stimulated, didnt respond as I normally do & no matter what, I could not have an orgasm. I contributed this all to having a new love in my life, nerves and all, but even when a lone, I could not stimulate myself enough to get aroused or even come close to an orgasm..it was at that time i realized, I had almost no feeling in my clitoris, it almost felt numb. So, i thought back to what had changed & the only thing different was the new love & the BE pills. So, reluctantly I stopped taking the pills to see if this had anything to do with my problems. I was off of the pills for about 4 days before i decided to stimulate myself. My clitoris didnt feel back to normal, but i was able to stimulate myself & have an orgasm. Reluctantly, i started taking the BE pills again to see if they had caused the loss of feeling in my clitoris & LOSS of sex drive. I was on the pills for 5 days, when i decideed to stimulate myself. First i watched a naughty movie to see if they would arouse me as it always has..NOTHING. I waited then decided to stimulate myself, after 30 MINUTES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Ladies please, be careful!!! This may not happen to you, but I no longer take the pills & my high sex drive is back in gear! When I first suspected the BE pills caused my problems, i was up at 4 in the morning on the Inet looking for potential cause for loss of feeling in the clitoris...ONE of them being to much progesteren. Some of the herbs in the pills will cause this! all im saying is this may or may not happen to you because these pills are said to INCREASE the libido, but it did the exact opposite for me...Good Luck if you should try.

Lisa xsxsxs :-)
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
WHAT IS THIS!!!!!!??????
April 29 2006, 5:57 AM

This isnt a sex site. Or masterbation, or anything of that kind!!!!

BJ
(Login SmallGurl)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Breast Enlargement pills
April 29 2006, 6:23 AM

I was thinking the same thing Lisa lol. Saw this earlier and was like "huh?"
What I got out of it is she is trying to warn us about BGP (which no one wants to take anyhow) because it numbs your clitoris lol! AHEM ok regaining composure.....

Kim
(no login)
April 29 2006, 6:57 PM

I think she brings up a point ...that you may lose some of your sex drive due to taking the herbs...

I have many say that taking the herbs make you tired??? Would that not apply to your sex drive as well??

Maybe she was a little to explict in her details but she does bring up a point.

(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
ya she does
April 29 2006, 8:11 PM

She was VERY detailed. But my sex drive has been GREAT since I started taking herbs... And have to admit it wasnt all that great before, I was at the point where I really could have cared less about having sex. now it's set in OVERDRIVE!!!!!! LOL Lisaxxxxx

BJ
(Login SmallGurl)
EVE MEMBERS
April 30 2006, 2:11 AM

I agree. Mine has been AWESOME since starting WU. No negative side effects here hehe.

Darisha
(Login Darisha)
progesterone cream
April 30 2006, 9:59 AM

I hate to keep bringing up this particular thread as I know it makes everyone here a little uncomfortable with some of the contents mentioned but I thought I would make mention of a time quite a few years ago when I was using a natural progesterone cream prescribed for a hormonal imbalance. Well my downstairs region was very very sensitive so much so that I could barely even touch it. And I lost so much weight; without trying of course as I am already stick thin. Needless to say I stopped using the cream but I know there have been some mention of using progesterone at certain times of the month on this forum. So do beware and be careful with this stuff. I won't ever use it again. But then maybe I didn't really need to use it either; I was just experimenting at the time because I thought I had some hormonal problems.
Darisha

(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
Darisha
April 30 2006, 6:02 PM

Hi Darisha
I had that exact same experience with it, I dont use it either. I think it would be a really good idea to bring it to everbodys attention, Although everybodys body are different but it did do the same thing to me. Lisaxxxx

Sylvia
(Login Sylvia)
EVE MEMBERS
April 30 2006, 11:04 PM

I agree about progesterone cream. People really should be careful with it. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but use with caution.

Does Estrogen Make You Tired Or Is It...
January 20 2007 at 10:12 PM lassysam (Login lassysam)

Does estrogen make you tired or is it the herbs?
I have been tired throughout the last month and more so especially now on the 3rd day of my period.
I am taking Fenugreek, Saw Palmetto, and Wild Yam. I took a break the last two days though and even though I slept good both yesterday and today I felt that I could just fall asleep in the car while my husband was driving. I have never been the type to fall asleep in the car before. And I am finding it extremely hard to get motivated to do anything at all it seems... just so tired! Are you other ladies doing NBE feeling tired?
Is it an effect of all hormone boosting programs?

littlemadison
(Login littlemadison)
herbs
January 20 2007, 10:18 PM

I think it is probably the Fenugreek, which I read can have an impact on how tired you are. How much are you taking a day?

littlemadison
(Login littlemadison)
Found in Newbies Thread:
January 20 2007, 10:22 PM

EVE MEMBERS POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF NBE: March 26 2006, 7:49 PM

1. Mood Swings

~as your hormones adjust, you might feel more emotional than normal.
Sensitivity, anxiety,irritability are all fairly common.

2. Tiredness*****************

~Some women feel tierd when using certain herbs
~Fenugreek is the most common culprit because it has the effect of lowering blood sugar levels.*****************
~If you feel your tierd either lower your dosage of fenugreek or substitute with something else. (fruit can also help)

3. Water retention

~Because phytoestrogens mimic the effects of estrogen,they can lead to water retention. (any diuretic herb can help counteract this-red clover is one exaMPLE)

4. eARLY OR LATE PERIODS

~May come earlier,later,or heavier than normal.
~they should be normal after the body adjusts to the herbs.
~if your period is more than a week late-STOP all herbs.

5. Lactation

~IF lactation occurs you may want to lower fenugreek.

lassysam
(Login lassysam)
my amounts
January 20 2007, 10:25 PM

I am taking 3,000 mg a day. I don't want to take less though, because with this amount I get lots of growing sensations, tingling, soreness etc. But even the two days I didn't take any herbs at all I still felt so dog tired. If it was the fenugreek, wouldn't I have felt perkier those two days?

lassysam
(Login lassysam)
Thank you
January 20 2007, 10:35 PM

Thank you for the info from the newbies thread. I appreciate your help in trying to pin point this for me. It really doesn't feel like low blood sugar. I've been eating all day. I am leaning towards the hormone theory though. No one else is tired?
I remember when I was a teenager I was tired more and definitely when I was pregnant, but then I was growing another human being, so obviously that would make one tired. Smile
I would really like to know, how many BE'ers are feeling tired though. Just out of curiosity.

diana
(Login Diana1978)
hi
January 20 2007, 10:56 PM

the 1st 3 wks or so i was literally the living dead. i would fall asleep at 7 right along with the kids. i thought it was the fenugreek. but it was because i had cut down my caffeine intake from a little over a liter a day to less than 6 ounces a day. that made a big difference. i upped my caffeine a little bit. and i think i reduced my fenugreek a little. hope this helps. good luck.

littlemadison
(Login littlemadison)
sleepiness
January 20 2007, 11:08 PM

I am always tired, but I think mainly because I am so anemic. I have been doing my program for only about 10 days now, but have been getting very tired once the sun goes down. By 8 or 9, I'm ready for bed. I had always been a night owl, staying up between 2 and 4 in the morning. Don't know if it's the anemia, new early working hours, or the fenugreek. I guess I'll be more sure next month when I increase the dosage...

lassysam
(Login lassysam)
tiredness
January 20 2007, 11:14 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience. It does help. I have been consuming more caffeine to battle this tiredness, but it doesn't seem to have much of an effect at all. I'll drink 2 cans of Pepsi in the afternoon and before that would have helped quite a bit, now it seems much less effective. I can drink a can of cola or have a cup of coffee and take a nap!
My own theory is that I am not use to this increase in hormones, estrogen probably and that I will maybe get more use to it and feel less tired as I go on, but to be on the safe side I am taking a multi vitamin with iron in it and I do eat red meat, fish, chicken and lots of other protein. If it could be something else though I need to find out.
If I know that it is a very common thing for women on BE, then I know I just need to ride it out.

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
Re: Does Estrogen Make You Tired Or Is It...
January 20 2007, 11:15 PM

Even though your not taking ur doses for a couple of days you could still feel the effects of the herbs. It takes a few days to get out of the system. When I was lowering my dose, it took about 5-7 days for soreness to completely go away.

emmie
(Login emmiedee)
maybe you can try
January 21 2007, 11:54 AM

maybe you can swap out some of the fenugreek for fennel? if it is contributing, then the switch might help.

drink more water... youd be surprised how much energy hydration gives you. shoot for 2-3 liters a day. its how recruits get through basic training (well that and ranger pudding, but that stuff is pretty gross)...

how are you sleeping at night? waking up a lot (even little bits here and there that you might not remember)? might be time for a new pillow...

Alcest
(Login Alcest)
January 21 2007, 2:46 PM

I've been on Wonderup for 4 months and ughhhh does it make me tired =(. I yawn constantly some days and it drives my boyfriend crazy. I thought I was becomming anemic, but I suppose it is all the fenugreek in the Wonderup.

I think I'm going to stop Wonderup in another month or so anyway. =( No change at all so far, and after 4 months you would think I'd see something.

Jess
(Login IttyBittyTitty)
January 21 2007, 6:33 PM

Hey lassy,

I went through a short stage of feeling extremely tired too. It must have been the herbs. Anyway, it didn't last long--maybe a couple weeks. I thought it might have been the hops I'm taking so I rearranged my doses to where I don't take hops before bed anymore. Whether it was the hops or just general adjustment I don't know but the fatigue did go away. Also I added a daily B12 vitamin. Of course age and diet are a huge role.

You said you take coffee and Pepsi to perk you up....don't do that!!!!! :-) Caffeine and sugar just aggravates and perpetuates things. May I suggest Somersizing: www.SuzanneSomers.com. There are other posts about this somewhere if you're curious and do go to her website and look at the before/after pictures too. Hormones have everything to do with fatigue, weight loss/gain and growing boobies!

Jess

diana
(Login Diana1978)
RANGER PUDDING!
January 21 2007, 7:02 PM

You know what i miss the dehydrated strawberries. yum. and oh the jalapeno cheese. but then i am old school cause i liked the breakfast mre's. remember them? in the dark brown packaging? lol. am i showing my age? or the fact that the supply room still had some left over from the 1st gulf conflict. lol.

emmie
(Login emmiedee)
ha!
January 21 2007, 7:10 PM

we found CASES of old mres... our commander wasnt even sure if they were good anymore... i asked him what he was talking about because with the amount of preservatives (and calories) in those things they would probably outlast cockroaches and twinkies should the nuclear fallout finally come.

any of the fruits... we didnt get the breakfast ones too often. those were "special occasion" mres...

i trade jalapeno cheese for peanut butter, or whatever fruit someone else gets...

for those who dont know, ranger pudding is a concoction of everything that might keep you awake that you can scrounge from meals-ready-to-eat (mre) packs. little bit of cocoa, some water, coffee grounds... the list goes on and it is really pretty gross, but boy will that stuff keep you awake on firewatch!

lassysam
(Login lassysam)
Energy!
January 22 2007, 7:48 PM

Sounds good to me! I want some MRE's!
Thanks for all the advice guys- I have been feeling a bit better. I have been adding a red clover capsule to my program every day and that stuff seems to have a stimulation effect on me. Also taking more B and C vitamins. I just got a new pillow and I have been waking up with a stiff neck. Throwing in some exercise which is absolutely killing me. My muscles haven't been used since we had cows and had to chase them when they got out... probably 8 yrs ago. Got this 8 min core pilates DVD and even though they are short exercises, man do they burn! Then I can barely move after I stiffen up.
I am 37 now and I am thinking I could us some of that Ranger pudding or whatever you call it! : )

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon