Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Marijuana

Marijuana
September 21 2007 at 2:04 PM Jen (Login blitz1228)
Does anyone here smoke pot? If so, do you believe it has negatively effected your program? It seems like it would, but I had to ask anyways.

Egg
(Login eggiedawl)
Re: Marijuana
November 16 2007, 8:00 PM

I smoke and sometimes too much (I'm an art student). Although I have just started my NBE program I can't give you a reasonable answer, yet. Many sufficient research have concluded that marijuana does not harm in body although uncle sam would say otherwise because he can't tax the plants. I highly recommend that you read, "Reefer Madness" by Eric Schlosser (he also wrote New York Time's Best Seller,"Fast Food Nation"). He goes into detail and provides hard evidence that will shed light upon the propaganda America spreads about marijuana.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
November 16 2007, 8:04 PM

Some guys I was at college with smoked a lot and ended up a bit paranoid about police helicopters spying and stuff but not sure about boob growth. Other people I know have smoked heavily for years with no ill effects. Wouldn't have thought it was worse for boobs than cigarette smoke, I think it was either Chelle Choi or Tigerlily or Fengshui that smokes cigarettes quite heavily and has still grown well.

dunny
(Login lil_dunny)
November 16 2007, 8:22 PM

smoking - anything - is bad for BE. i'd say feel free to ingest, but that's just my guess...

dunny
(Login lil_dunny)
another note on smoking
November 17 2007, 1:00 AM

smoking impairs circulation, which is crucial for successful BE. if you are naturally blessed with good circulation and/or if you do some sort of taichi/qigong-type exercise which increases circulation, you might be able to get away with some smoking, i imagine...

RandomLady
(no login)
November 17 2007, 3:31 AM

Hey

I'd just like to say how nice and refreshing it is that people are sticking to the point in this thread, I asked a question in a different forum a few years ago regarding smoking weed and if it can affect anaesthetic and everybody jumped on me like I was a heroin addict who needed to "get clean"! Nobody even attempted to answer my question, just wanted to tell me I was a dirty-druggie!!!

Anyway, I'm sorry but I don't know if smoking weed can affect breast development but the possible circulation problems sound valid.
I know it's not the same but perhaps you can make a special yoghurt or find some other way to eat it? Anyway, that's for you to decide.

RandomLady

Alisha
(no login)
November 17 2007, 8:42 AM

Marijuana is detrimental to your mental health, that's all. It does not adversely affect your physical health.

Egg
(Login eggiedawl)
Everything is in moderation
November 17 2007, 3:53 PM

I just read past marijuana posts from an old discussion on this board so I don't repeat myself with other opinions. Marijuana is not detrimental to your mental health. It might (and although there's still no research to back this up and the US government board or affiliations does not count) be possible if you consume ridiculously large amounts of it (like 5 bowls every day). It is a shame that marijuana has gotten a bad rep from the media/entertainment industry. Marijuana is legal in respect of medicinal purposes in few states. I myself am an owner of a medical card for my continuous migraines. I wanted to seek a natural way to treat my condition. Just like everyone on this board is seeking a natural way to enhance our breasts. Fenugreek can affect your physical health negativity if it was consumed in an abnormal dose. So I stand to my point, marijuana will not inhibit your growth and if you believe so, please provide a study/research link from a university or known institute.

Nell Gwynne
(Login nell.gwynne)
EVE MEMBERS
November 17 2007, 4:57 PM

There are many cases in the UK of people with mental health problems which are said to have been caused by marijuana. Perhaps you'd like to provide a link to a clinical study which backs up your claim that marijuana is not detrimental to mental health.

Lisa121
(no login)
November 17 2007, 5:49 PM

Egg, I work with drug addicts, that includes heroin, coce addicts and people who are addicted to smoking hash. Those that have smoked it for years and years just arent that mentally sound anymore, and there are studies that link marijuana use to schizophrenia paranoid behaviour etc.. if consumed in large doses, and that doesnt mean five bowls a day, and it does have detrimental effects on your memory too. Especially young people whose brains are still developing are at a high risk to have ill effects on their mental ability and brain development, not to mention the high risk of lung cancer linked to smoking hash.
Daily, regular consumption is bad for you if it starts affecting your daily life, like getting up and going to work, which I would think is different from consumptoin for medical purposes, at least I would hope so.
If you cant get to sleep without smoking or having nightmares if you dont this is a sign of addiction. Marijuana is known to be highly mentally addictive, which is where a lot of its harm lies.
Someone who can control when and if they smoke it dont have a problem, and generally through addictive behaviour and use is when you can see detrimental effects.
Anything consumed at large doses regularly is harmful for you, may it be drinking orange juice or smoking hash or anything else.

marijuana and BE?
September 12 2006 at 12:53 AM Anonymous (Login aquariusd0ll)
does it inhibit BE?

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
Re: marijuana and BE?
September 12 2006, 3:37 AM

wow, is then any legit medical reason you are taking it. if not then this is a stupid question. with NBE you shouldnt be taking anything you dont need to be taking.

anyways when it comes to answering your question its really hard to give a sure fire answer. the from what i know i would say yes. it will affect NBE one way or another. i know for sure that it affects dopamine levels which automatically affect prolactin levels. i found a site that says that it raises dopamine which makes you feel good. we actually want lower dopamine which then raises prolactin . i also read that mariJ can cause a mild case of Hyperprolactinemia which cases an excess of prlactin (enough to make some people lactate). this isnt really good either. we want elevated prolactin not excess.

so if you want to do NBE make sure you dont take any other herbs or meds you really dont need to be taking.

Anonymous
(no login)
September 12 2006, 9:22 AM

I think it would be hard for your body to know what was going if you are attempting a NBE routine and smoking pot as well. From follwing other peoples journeys it on this forum it seems that NBE is something that happens when the routine and the body are very finely tuned and the correct messages are being consistantly recieved by the body through the use of the herbs that promote NBE. Smoking marijuana would only confuse these messages and I doubt you would have any success. No judgement.

Anonymous
(Login twilightsrose)
September 12 2006, 9:42 AM

sorry to intercede...but I don't think this is a stupid question...regardless of any legal implications. There is alot of people who use marijuana for both legit medical reasons and who just use it regularly for recreational purposes... and if that is their choice... it is not our business.

In regards to marijuana and hormone levels, it looks like (as of yet), that most of the research is conflicting at best (most likely due to the controversial nature any research might have...legalities and such). There are a reports that marijuana can cause and increase in prolactin levels/mild cases of hyperprolactinemia, as are there are reports of it increasing estrogen levels in men and causing gynecomastia, increasing testosterone levels in women, and increasing estrogen levels in general (men & women). Most of the research is directed more towards men, its possible effects on pubertal development and on pregnant women. It is commonly believed among users that marijuana use can increase sex drive (for women and men), at least right after its been smoked, which does support an increase in testosterone levels (bad for BE). I found this one article (did some google research for you) which talks about research done on mice (must have been male mice), and how lower dosages of THC caused an immediate jump in testosterone levels. Heavy dosages 10x-100x higher caused also a rise in luteinizing hormone at the same time, which disrupted the normal "hormonal loop" and causing a drop in sex-drive.

This at least might show why most of the current research is conflicting so far.

News report on study: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9D00E1D9163BF936A15754C0A967948260

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
September 12 2006, 10:15 AM

i don't think SugarQ means the question is stupid in the way you think-Its sort of like saying you are having trouble sleeping, but eating ginsing cafine and guarna
Thats obviously stupid, taking herbs that do the oposite to what you want.

Interesting topic though

As for the info about higher sex drive-U can't have ever smoked it lol

Anonymous
(no login)
September 12 2006, 3:21 PM

I agree. Marijuana definately does not increase sex drive. Do you actually know any users because an increase in sex drive is not a common belief amoung the users that i know. That made me laugh too.
Also i don't think anyone was judging the question or the asker... just answering it(which is any member of this forum's business to do).We are helping each other and if that means saying that marijuana is no good for NBE then that is not judging... just giving an opinion that was asked for.
Smoking marijuana during puberty actually stunts growth and is generally unhealthy so i can't imagine that it would have anything but an adverse affect on NBE. If you want to smoke that IS your business but if you are serious about enlarging your breasts naturally it would be best not to smoke to give it the best chance.

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
September 12 2006, 3:50 PM

i know we have adopted a "no question is stupid policy" and i really dont mean that the question is stupid to insult anyone and i mean no disrespect. the last thing i want is for anyone to be afraid to ask a question that they feel is important to ask. but with that said there are just questions some people need a good dose of common sense to get it answered.
questions like " can i do NBE while im pregnant. can it still work?" or " can i get implants while im on chemotherapy". first of all if you have to ask these kind of questions then your priorities are not really straight. second of all these kind of questions are stupid because people are puting themselves or another life in a situation that is dangerouse and unnessasary. if you got a medical reason to use marijuana then chances are the last thing you should be worrying about is how large your breasts are. its like asking "weiter or not its safe to use NBE and BCP together". you can ask 100 different doctors and get different answers. you can ask this forum and find most women use it without incident. but the real question should be why take the chance? why risk it? NBE is an unnessasary risk already and although most women feel as thought they cant live without sex its really very dueable. there are other safer alternatives to Birth control that people can still take while on NBE so why so why is it even a seriouse question people are asking? its simple. if sex is more important then boobs then stick with sex. if boobs are more important then do sex then fine. do what you gotta do. there are no excuses.

look, if you dont have a legit reason to take marijuana then the answer is quite easy. dont bother trying both if you value your health greatly. 1) because marijuana is illegal 2) NBE is already very confusing and its stupid to make it even more confusing by trying to factor in your marijuana use into the equation 3) No one really has a sure fire asnwer 4)if you had to ask this question you probably already know its not a good idea so stick with your gut instincts.

do one or the other. do both at your own risk.

Anonymous
(Login rkai93)
September 12 2006, 7:03 PM

oh guys, come on. MJ is an herb and of course any herb you injest is always going to have SOME effect of the body. But are we talking an ocasional toke or two - or major, every day use? Cause that's a big difference.

Most perscription meds we take are way stronger than the every now and again joint.

in a perfect situation - the only thing you should be doing is your NBE prgram and eating...but life is life.
if a gal wants to indulge here and there, can it really be that much of a detriment? PM is thai and from what i remember Thai stick is pretty fun - do you think there might be ladies in thailand who have taken PM and smoked concurrently? I do.
I'm not trying to diss your info, honebee et al - all information is valuable, and honebee - you are a veritable treasure chest of knowledge
but it seems that a little weed here and there, just like the occasional glass of vino can't really hurt.

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
September 12 2006, 10:50 PM

you got a point there so do as you feel. wine may also have an effect on NBE also but people can drink it safely at low and infrequent amount. but i like to treat herbs used for medicinal purposes as using drugs wehther they are weaker or stronger then other drugs. its really a good policy. maybe you can use you can do both. but the only way you will know if everything is A-O-K is if you want to play the part of the guinea pig. im not going to speculate anything on the use of marujuana used sparingly because i dont want to give anyone a false sense of security. and im not going to speculate on the effect of marijuana based on how its consumed so it just brings me back to my main point, if you dont need to be using it then dont.

Anonymous
(no login)
September 13 2006, 12:35 AM

When it comes to NBE we are all gineau-pigs because there hasn't been a whole lot of research about why one thing works for some women and not for others. Just looking at all the routines shows how much we are playing around with these things. Alot of the women on this forum aren't even sure about the herbs they are taking and some are having bad reactions. Most are taking them blindly without knowing a whole lot about the actual herbs in the faint hope that it will cause thier breasts to grow. While it is logical that NBE won't work if you are using marijuana (or other drugs), it is possible that it could ( for some people). Overall I don't think you will be doing any more damage to your body than using the drug alone. So if you do give it a go you can let us know about the results. Just remember that some of these herbs have a cleansing effect on the body so your liver will be working extra hard to clear toxins and will need plenty and plenty of water.

Also to SugarQ if you are in a relationship the suggestion of going without sex while on NBE is ridiculous. Just thinking of the posts under the heading 'Funny Stories'- our partners will think we have gone completely mad. Really "life is life" and you can't stop living just because you are trying to grow your boobs. If it works for you then do it. But remember what works for one person does not nessisarily work for someone else!

twilightsrose
(Login twilightsrose)
September 13 2006, 5:52 AM

...to answer the question way back there about sex drive and not knowing any smokers... I've known lots of people who us MJ... not usually the guys, but some of the females have always talked about getting horny immediately after smoking... my own personal experiences, though they are few, have been the same Wink... maybe your friends are smoking too much at once Big Grin lol...

Anonymous
(Login gingerD)
September 13 2006, 12:53 PM

woo guys its getting abit heated,
Any thing i put is not to upset or affend anyone
This discussion is definatly down to personal opinion and personal choice.

SugarQ-No affence but it is clear you are anti "drugs"-which there is nothing wrong with , but alot of people do not concider Marijuana as a drug but as a herb, after all it is a plant, i know we could all go down the route of "opium" is made from poppy seeds etc but for thousands of years Marijuana has been used for medicinal, religious and recriational perpuses.

NBE- advises to drink less/no caffine- i still drink my java lol
We are advised not to drink fizzy pop-Im afraid i still drink fizzy pop
Not drinking-Yep i love my Vino
Smoking- Yep im still smoking.
I appreciate the advise but my NBE is working, may be not as well as if i was not doing the things i do.
But Going with out sex where did that come from? My bloke would think iv gone crazier than i already am, "oh babe now we must stop having sex", gaining boobs is one thing but loosing the person you love because they think you have lost the plot is another.

Good discussion, but nobody will agree because we are all our own person with are own opinions-Lets get back to growing our boobies,N if you are having a joint chill out and hope they grow lol

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
This is my last word on this whole subject
September 13 2006, 8:08 PM

it seems like people are nit picking at the small and trival details of my posts instead of looking at the larger picture that im trying to propose. can some one give me a list of good reasons to mix the both marijuana with NBE? i cant think of any and i dont believe its because im on an anti-controlled substances parade. why take the risk? why not take the risk? are we really gonna sit and fuss over this. we can go back and forward but the truth is (and im sure we all can agree)that no one knows anything. no one knows if its good for NBE or bad for NBE. no one knows if its safe or not safe. the the answer to the question " can you take marijuana with NBE" is maybe. now we all got a new question to consider and its a personal one. "is 'maybe' good enough for me?"

i can tell you all the things im willing to give up for NBE.

i dont smoke, so thats easy. i dont drink or do drugs for recreational reasons. my bf and i have discusses NBE and sex and we both have decided that the barrier method is a good meeting point between NO SEX(my choice) and me having the sole responsibility of taking a hormonal alternative. the only caffein drink im worried about giving is Pepsi but i dont mind subing in sprite or seven up or even water since sugar is not recommended either. as for counting carbs and exercise, im willing to negotiate and find a reasonable balance i can maintain. i dont think my life is simpler then the rest of you who cant give up even 1 of these things im willing to give up. i do think its unrealistic to think that everyone can give up what im willing to give up or do what im willing to do but anyone can do it if they really wanted to. i know that doing NBE makes us all little guinea pigs but i would like to think that just doing NBE is enough of a risk on my health. it doesnt mean life doesnt go on but its not like im doing NBE forever either. i believe every little bit helps especially when i consider the fact that NBE doesnt have the best track record for successes and we dont have a sure bet for something that will work.
in the end its your money,time and health to waste or make the most of.

Anonymous
(Login twilightsrose)
September 13 2006, 9:42 PM

hey honebee...I have a question... since you aren't interested in using hormonal birth control methods, have you ever thought about using a non-hormonal IUD? I have an IUD (albeit the hormonal type) since I have problems using hormonal birth control, and found it the best decision I ever made.

Carol Ann
(Login Chefette)
To SugarQ
September 13 2006, 10:42 PM

SugarQ.... BRAVO BRAVO !!! Standing ovation here baby!!!

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
September 13 2006, 10:43 PM

I just want to clarify that i am not against using hormonal Birth control during NBE. in fact it may actually help raise prolactin and if you are estrogen dominiant the progestin with moderate that. my concern is using hormonal Birth control method as if it were as effective as not doing a herbal NBE routine. i personally believe its somewhat safe. there are some concerns that come up but the overall impression i get is that no one really knows anything. i am not in a position in my life where i would take that kind of risk even though it may seem small to most. all this is coming from someone who would normally use a hormonal birth control with at least contraceptive foam or condoms.so you can see that im extra careful cause i cant afford not to be. i cant afford to get pregnant and if i did, and my NBE herbs could some how have an affect on a unborn baby, then that would be even worse cause i cant afford to have a sick baby. my question would be since NBE herbs are considered food and not drugs would you be willing to feed them to your kids? probably not in amount we are taking them in. ive waited 6 years to start NBE some people dont even spend more then 1 day on this forum before they are ready to start a routine. no one has to be like me or think like me but i wouldnt allow my boyfriend's sexual needes to decide weither or not i choose to do NBE. it seems selfish but its my body not his. im the one that gets pregnant not him. if the only concern my bf has about me doing NBE is weither or not he gets some then bye bye.my desire to do NBE came long before i met my bf. but thats just me. some of you may be married and have kids so you probably dont want to rock the boat over boobs. great, then you can afford to take a few risks.

as for IUD, i actually did use it a few years back but i had horrible cramping through out my cycle (i normally just suffer with cramps just before and during my period) and i had the IUD removed. its an awesome alternative to hormones but you got to be careful. there is a copper and progesterone based IUD so you need to be sure which one you are using. but even if you are using a progesterone based one you can still count on having a fair amount of protection just for having the device inserted.

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
lol - thanks carol ann
September 13 2006, 10:47 PM

*taking a bow*

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
September 14 2006, 12:36 PM

SugarQ-I do not feel i have been nit picking about your posts (i know you put people, but your responces seem to be aimed at what i put)I know you arnt on a anti-controlled substances parade but you can tell from your responces you do not agree with them,i try not to make my posts too serious,i was in agreeance with yr 1st post

When you put- people who can't give up one thing-Again this is in agreeance with what you put, this is because i choose not to change things not because i can't,(You choose not to have sex or drink) If i was not getting any results with my NBE, agreeably i would choose to eliminate some if not stop all of the things i do.
However i am getting results the way i am doing things.

I agree with you that there is no evidence to prove nor disprove the use of dope with NBE so giving advice can only be negliable, when some evidence suports that dope is not good for us (even before NBE)

we are all trying to achieve the same thing here arnt we, bigger breasts it is clear this is very important to you-as it is me it just proves some people will do more to achieve their goal,in your case you are willing do do more than me at this time.
A period of selibicy& being t total is just not 4 me as im only young but i agree the fags should go.

So what im saying is lets agree to dissagree, the drug subject is now a yawn, and not worth discussing but i do not pick at what people put, and never aimed to affend you
gingerD

n/a
(no login)
Marijuana and BE
September 14 2006, 2:06 PM

Straightforward answer: I do it and I'm growing.

Anonymous
(no login)
September 14 2006, 9:00 PM

Me too! (I have grown and used marijuana) I wanted to mention it, because I feel sorry for the person who posted this question. I understand that some people may be estrogen-dominant, and that certainly can make a person..."testy," shall we say? But to call a question "stupid?" Seems a little inappropriate and judgmental. Marijuana is not evil, it's a plant. In fact, it's legal in some other countries. Used in moderation, I personally think it is much less destructive than a lot of other "habits" some people have. Maybe some people should take some progesterone, so they are not so quick to judge.

Carol Ann
(Login Chefette)
To the annon ladies (or dudes,whatever)
September 14 2006, 11:13 PM

SugarQ did not call the question stupid in the context for which you so abruptly pointed out. Her quote was

wow, is then any legit medical reason you are taking it. if not then this is a stupid question. with NBE you shouldnt be taking anything you dont need to be taking.

that being noted,she is saying that ANYTHING that you shouldn't be taking (for the sake of arguement,ie. 2 bottles of wine everyday) should not be taken whilst trying to create a new found boob area for yourself. If you smoke it up,and you are growing,then so be it. But when you say that someone is in need of some progesterone, you are calling out in the context for which it is written and are being no better than what you made her out to be. You need to realize, ANNON, that SugarQ has more information stored up in her little pinky than most of us do in our whole brains when it comes to NBE! Have you studied this>???? Is this one of your passions?? Or is this just something for you to do? If it is the latter, then I suggest you not make comments like that about someone who is far more educated on the subject than yourself.
If you smoke it up and grow,then cool beans for you.And she did NOT nit pick at you,as you assumed she did. Trust me, I know nit picking when I see it and the nit picker is YOU, my friend.

SugarQ, PLEASE don't let someone who knows little about NBE make you not post. I agree with you on the subject,admire you for your thoughts and research,and totally trust your answers to a question like that.

Do I care that ANONN smokes it up? Hell no,but then they are being a little on the defensive right off the bat. Makes me wonder why they would even fight over this anyways.If you smoke, you smoke......if you grow while smoking,cool,if not...maybe a time to rethink?Her answer was right on.

i will join the anon list he he he
(Login SugarQ)
awww...
September 15 2006, 1:00 AM

is it me or is this topic going around in circles. its great that ONE person so far has come forward stating that they had success. i wish this anon would give a bit more details about her routine if nothing more then to help the first anon who asked this question.

its too bad that this topic is so sensitive that people think that they cant even use their regular log in names to post . i truely dont mean to insult anyone. i really cant believe that a topic like this can get so many strong stances when its clear that the answer to the topic question is a personal one.

just looking at all the points, beleifs, ideas it just makes sense to simply your routine as much as possible. thats all i want to say to anyone. its great that someone is having success while smoking, drinking, doping up, being on or off BC, drinking coffee so do what you will. at the very least you all know why you shouldnt be doing what you are doing and they are all very good reasons. but we all respond differently. if you get lucky like anon and many others did then great.you got something to celebrate. you just proved you can still have your cake and eat it too. if you dont get so lucky and want to complain about it and ask for advice then stand in line. its already hard enough to troubleshoot problems for someone who does everything right but still manages not to get results. KEEP IT SIMPLE PEOPLE!!!

n/a
(no login)
marijuana
September 15 2006, 1:26 AM

I'm using Lucille Sorella's routine from her flat to fab book. Smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee (pepsi, coke, chocolate etc.) aren't good for BE either and lots of people here on this board are doing that and growing.
I don't smoke marijuana all day either - just a few at the end of the day to unwind - same as having a drink!
I've been on Lucille's program for 2 months now - I've gotten firmer and grown almost an 1 inch.

Anonymous
(no login)
September 15 2006, 6:47 AM

SugarQ I agree with alot of what you have said and have enjoyed reading some of your other posts. It's just that they seem a little authoritative at times. I was just wondering how long you have been doing Nbe and how much you have grown, given all your discipline??. I didn't notice a program page for you.
Don't stop posting...it makes the forum interesting.

twilightsrose
(Login twilightsrose)
September 15 2006, 7:38 AM

Hey, SugarQ... you might find this interesting then, given your experience with the regular IUD and cramping. I used to have really bad cramping on day 1 of my period.. (and had bad pms beforehand)... as in too painful to move needing to sit in a corner hunched over painful. After I got the Mirena IUD (progestin), I never really had cramping again and had barely any PMS. But of course, it could work different for someone else based on their own hormonal profile...but it worked amazing wonders for me Big Grin

Take care!

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
September 15 2006, 12:03 PM

I have logged in using my log in name, i am not annon, and have not put any further responces since my, apollogy to SugarQ.
because it looks like some think i am posting anonomously.
"And she did NOT nit pick at you,as you assumed she did. Trust me, I know nit picking when I see it and the nit picker is YOU, my friend."

GingerD pretty upset, N SugarQ, i know you are not out to affend just putting your honerst thaughts on the subject, Just as i do myself and again i am not out to affend any one either.

N/A
(no login)
Marijuana
September 15 2006, 5:19 PM

The precise reason I haven't posted my name is I don't want to be treated like I'm stupid or if someone might recognize me. I assure you that I'm well educated, hold a very good job and so what if I smoke a little pot? The girl asked a question and wanted an answer not a lecture on what she does in the privacy of her own home. Lots of people do it; your own doctor probably does; it's a great stress reliever.
I repeat, it doesn't interfere with BE.

KC
(no login)
September 15 2006, 8:07 PM

I agree, "n/a." Just because you don't give your name doesn't mean you don't have a brain or an informed opinion. I have just found this website after a year of surfing b.e. info. and think it's amazing. I am a massage therapist and studying to become an herbalist. I have done tons of research on this topic, and feel somewhat informed. First of all, no question should be called "stupid," that is just common courtesy. I understand that HoneeBee offers a lot of time to the website, but time does not equal expert advice, not necessarily anyway. Back to the question, I personally do not drink alcohol (not much anyway, I don't care for it)or smoke cigarettes. I do on occasion smoke some herb. As long as you are not overusing, I don't see a problem with it. I don't feel like it has affected my b.e. plan adversely.

drugs dopamine prolactin
March 25 2009 at 7:00 AM lisa (no login)
quick question. I have a female freind who has been a chronic marijuana smoker for a year and a half, but feels self conscious about her breast size. It is well known that marijuana stimulates dopamine and I read that excessive dopamine production can inhibit prolactin production. any thoughts on this?

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: drugs dopamine prolactin
March 25 2009, 1:56 PM

Hi Lisa,

Good question. I think you are right about there being some negative effect.

I am also pretty sure that marijuana is a phytoestrogen and your friend may be blocking her estrogen receptors with so much of it that it is keeping her more potent natural estrogen from getting to her receptors.

You may have found a culprit to your friends dilemma.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

lisa
(no login)
March 25 2009, 5:32 PM

thanks for the quick response waxingmoon! She admittedly is worried to quit cold turkey, and feeling moody just thinking about her steady supply of dopamine being gone, but she also does not want to ruin her chances at nbe. if she abosolutely believes she still needs to smoke every now and then, when will be the best time, if their is a best time? after her period? during? before?

when is their too much dopamine in the system to where it will stop prolactins job?

Are their lower sources of dopamine precursors/sources in foods? should she avoid these as well, or use food for dopamine production(may not be as potent) in place of marijuana to curb depression?

no one may know this, but I will look into this later anyway.

zoey
(no login)
March 26 2009, 9:39 PM

Yes marijuana greatly increases dopamine levels, but it doesn't cause any permanent damage to the dopamine producing brain cells.

Ecstacy & NBE
May 22 2007 at 5:34 AM DoGfreak (Login dogfreak)
There is an upcoming rave party and i am looking forward to this big day after not partying for 2 years. There was a time 2 yrs back when i partied with ecstacy weekly and my breasts sagged and shrinked down quite a lot. Ovarall body shape was also kinda disproportionate. Wonder if there is anyone out there had the same experience as i did.

Now that i am already on NBE for two months plus, i am afraid that after that night my NBE results will vanish.

Anyone care to advise? Thx!

Shuzuko
(no login)
Re: Ecstacy & NBE
May 22 2007, 11:25 AM

I wouldn't think it'd be a good idea to take any recreational drugs during NBE. From what I've seen, it's suggested you don't even smoke, just because things from the drugs can interfere with the proper nutrients getting into your bloodstream. Also (and I'm just speculating with this) I think if you're taking pill forms of the herbs, taking a drug pill, especially one as strong as X, would mess things up even more...

Not to mention... ugh, ecstasy. I can't stand the stuff, myself. I'd much rather stick with mj and vodka, and even that only on special occassions.

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
May 22 2007, 11:46 AM

Oooh Dog Uv got balls-Prepair yourself for some for some telling off
Tee hee hee

This message has been edited by gingerD on May 22, 2007 11:47 AM

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
May 22 2007, 12:48 PM

Advice, sure, how about not taking extasy?

I would dare to bet that extasy is a NBE and general boob killer, as you experienced yourself. You actually need to be in OPTIMAL health for NBE to work. Not just the usual heathy most people are who don't take drugs, we have to pay special attention to our health, diet, do excercise, take care of our body, and we even have to take care of our mind.

It's either NBE or getting stoned, I don't think you can have both, most likely it would be a waste of time and money.

Carol Ann
(Login Chefette)
May 22 2007, 3:32 PM

Hey.... ok, I can understand your concern over taking EX and still being able to do NBE..... all the chemicals in EX, even the "good" ex will take away EVERYTHING you have worked so hard for , in just an instant.
Raves.... hahahaha, my son is a D & B and Jungalist and sometimes trance dj. He goes to the scene ,and is there for the music. He goes drug free and comes home drug free,as I have a cup waiting for him when he gets here. OH YEAH, you can "party" without rolling, or smoking, snorting, or injecting. Let your natural high shine thru, and you will enjoy it more,and your boobs, body and teeth will thank you .
Carol Ann

This message has been edited by Chefette on May 22, 2007 3:34 PM

Dogfreak
(no login)
Ecstacy & NBE Advice
May 23 2007, 6:48 AM

Thanks to ALL !! Smile...Some alcohol shouldnt be big probs Smile

Dancing Sheep
(Login sophie9)
May 23 2007, 2:39 PM

you should be more concerned about ecstacy killing your ability to produce normal seratonin levels rather than making your boobs small and saggy. i know people who sadly permanently damaged their brains. your brain is all you have in this world.

Corrie
(Login Corrie73)
May 23 2007, 7:09 PM

Beer seems to help NBE, because of the hops I guess. I feel like darker beers are the best. Good luck with everything!

Lost Sheep
(no login)
May 24 2007, 9:23 AM

yuck.. beer always seems to make me feel like i've shrunk my breasts and gained love handles and back fat. However I do like Guiness.
Nowadays when I party and need to get a good buzz start, I only just stick with shots of tequila or whiskey. that wasn't mentioned on the "unfriendly booby foods" list along with beer was it?

Sally Anne
(Login sally.anne)
May 24 2007, 10:29 AM

Ecstacy can cause serious liver problems and even liver failure and therefore death. In these circumstances I have to say you look a little silly for worrying about what it might do to your boob size.

paula longstreet
(Login butterfly40)
drugs
May 24 2007, 5:19 PM

I agree with everyone here.
Drugs can Kill you.
Besides hurting your liver, kidneys and brain, they alos make your immune system very weak.
Take it from a "speed" user for 5 years and an alcoholic.
I have tried alot of drugs, I and I KNOW it effected my brain and its ability to function if I had not drank so much or takien any drugs.
I testify to that and I would say please think before you "experiment" or use any substances made by man that is a hallucinagetic, or otherwise.
It is very bad for your body and it may be fun now, but in the future, it effects youe health long term.

Sharon
(no login)
IMPORTANT READ
May 27 2007, 12:15 AM

I speak as an ex drug user. (I was a big E head before anything else) I was in with the punk/club scene and X is the most amazing thing I've ever done (dispite my brain will never be the same.) If your thinking it's only this "one time" forget it. Unless you know exactly what is in them don't bother with it. I'm 19 so I know how tough peer preasure can be at times...If you do plan on doing it make sure you eat/drink lots of vit. C because it totally depletes your body of it (before and after taking it when it's out of your system), make sure someone is there to keep an eye out on ya because if you get over heated things can and will get ugly (you won't even realize your sweating), and most of all DON"T DRINK ALOT OF WATER thats how most people pass out/ never seen anyone die myself but it does happen. Drinking excess water actually dehydrates you on this drug. I don't know if you know any of this so I just listed away here lol. So if you do decide to do it anyway just be sure to be safe. No one could stop me from doing what I did and I know it's the same with anyone else. Thats the only reason I'm saying any of this.

Be safe

sophie
(Login sophie9)
May 27 2007, 2:11 PM

sharon...you still have a lot of growing up to do. you shouldn't be handing out advice. you don't know about your brain yet because you are too young. i don't think you've ever hit rock bottom because you say x is the most amazing thing you've ever done in the same breath you advise of its dangers. i don't think you really know the dangers, and i hope you never do. all i can say is, i have hit rock bottom with drugs so i can never look back and say it was anything "amazing." when i was your age, i looked around me and saw people like you, and people on drugs, and people not on drugs and then there was myself. i felt like i had lived 100 years when i was your age. people die afer taking e once...people go into drug induced psychosis and never recover. i'm 27. i know you are young. almost every party i went to, someone was on the ground, and some people died. i know friends who are on government disability because of the after-effects of drugs. it was recommended to me, but i refused because i was certain to prove i could live a normal life again. one drug leads to another. people say it isn't true, but how many parties or gatherings were you at where there other drugs. see...i can't even name the drugs because of my experience. most of my friends like myself have post traumatic stress and panic attacks from doing drugs. some are on heavy medication, some just on antidepressants - but because of drugs. i have had two friends kill themselves with drugs because of what drugs did to them. bright, talented people. one was a literal genius. the other was a very talented sculptor. you have never hit the lowest low, so you can give advice about water and such nonsense. in 8 years, i have seen people die and have seen their lives go from promise to very sad pitiful states because of drugs. i don't mean this is in a nasty way, but you are young. i know young people will do and think what they want to, but consider yourself lucky that you can look back on any of those experiences as being good. because the trauma of what follows will spoil that in a heartbeat. my friends who killed themselves were clean when they did it. they just couldn't live with what the drugs had done to their brains. so they chose to finish off the destruction with the drug that destroyed them. it only takes one time to be one of those people laying on the floor. and honestly...i think my friends that died probably wished they had just died then and there...on someone's floor or on the floor of some club before they saw the consequences of their actions.

Sara
(Login Sarabell239)
May 28 2007, 3:09 AM

This is a really sad subject, but a necessary truth. I have also lost too many friends to drugs. I have experimented when I was young, and did not really believe anything could happan to me. a few years ago(long after i had stopped) i came home to find that my roomate had had a stroke. it was her 3rd time trying ecstasy. the truth is, it's not something to play with. you have no idea at all what you are putting into your body, and what effect it will have. just not a risk worth taking for anything.

sophie
(Login sophie9)
May 28 2007, 4:18 AM

sara...i'm so sorry. that is just so horrible, i can't imagine experiencing that. we didn't even hear about one of my friends until a month after he killed himself. his parents were embarrassed and hid the whole thing. they found him. my other friend...well...his parents never even showed up to his funeral. the thing with people who start doing e and other drugs as well, is they think they know as they get deeper into it of some sort of quality control that doesn't actually exist, and they think they are experienced and know what they are getting. they don't though. just because you are in some drug scene and you know dealers and their suppliers doesn't mean you know what you are ingesting. very, very sad story sara.

Sara
(Login Sarabell239)
May 29 2007, 4:09 AM

It is really sad, but i want to clarify. my old roomate did not die from the stroke. of coarse it was a terrible thing, and she had to make many many changes in her life b/c of it. but sje was okay. i took her to the hospital, and she was temperarily paralized on her left side. i think her left hand still does not finction the same, and she wanted to be a hair stylist Sad
it is awful. but she is okay, and still a very happy person, thankfully!

Sharon
(no login)
You can't stop kids from....
May 29 2007, 4:40 AM

I understand all of that dear and I'm very sorry for your loss. But you and I both know that you can't stop someone from doing something. I'm not going to lie and pretend like nothings going on like most people do. The only thing anyone can do is give them pointers so they have a LESS likely a chance of getting into serious trouble (not authority so much because that straightens kids out but for those who don't get caught death is most ascertain if someone isn't careful!) In no way am I encouraging anything along this line. Tell me..if an adolescence came up to you and asked about drugs are you going to lie and tell them every horrible thing in the book? It didn't work for me I'll tell you that. It did the exact opposite, and that goes for most kids! Once I got a hold of it I said to myself, "This feels great..I don't know what anyone is talking about." Which made me and so many of my friends just do more based on that lie. It was great..but I also said in the end it's not worth it. You have to give kids the full story, the good and the bad. Most people who do drugs are thick headed and you of all people should know this sophie! (My brain is fried.) Does that not say anything to you? Everyone listens differently, and I respect your opinion. What works for one person isn't always so for another. (I happened to be one of them at the time! Do I regret, you bet. Will I ever be the same, no. Can I contribute a part of my knowledge that might actually make sense to someone where all else has failed, you bet. I'm not going to share my entire life story and those of who I know (who thank god are alive!) because it's very personal to me. My business is my business alone just as yours!
Once again I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how I would feel if one of my friends actually wasn't able to be revived! Much love and I hope that clears some things up.

smoking up?off topic
February 19 2008 at 2:58 PM Woolly Sheep (Login riya123)
Hey Everyone, I was just going through an old post here about ecstacy and NBE. Now before anyone mistakes me, let me say I have never tried it and never will. I was just shocked that people may actualy die from it, and I wish to know if anyone here knows how that happens..personally I have never liked drugs of any sort though I have tried it a few times, and realized then that although it could kind of make me feel good, it was just not natural,didnt feel right so I just didnt let go of myself and had horrible experiences. However ,I have a few close friends who do weed and hash regularly, and ex rarely..I was frightened by the post I read,because I never knew people could DIE from it! or never recover!jeeez..scary!Now I have two questions..Is smoking worse than smoking up? I have heard that it is as nicotine is more harmful than thc but I dont know..and also how does ecstacy kill? what happens in the brain?I would like to talk to my friends about it .
sorry about the essay,and please dont plunge at me if I have inadvertently offended anyone,I dotn mean to and have tried to be careful on this forum as people here are a bit sensitive.
thanks and any correct info is valued..

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
Re: smoking up?off topic
February 19 2008, 4:19 PM

People always like to go "oh weed is natural, ciggarettes have tons of toxic chemicals in them so they are worse, etc" while that is true, ciggarettes are definitely awful... but they should NOT be using that as a way to act like weed is okay because it is not either. It can cause fertility issues, and long terms mental issues... ie. it well mess you up, and I have seen this first hand people who smoke it regularily down the line are so darn crazy and out of their minds... you can find alot of this stuff on the internet. Also, I read this "Marijuana smoke contains some of the same cancer-causing compounds as tobacco, sometimes in higher concentrations.Studies show that someone who smokes five joints per week may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day." http://www.mediacampaign.org/Marijuana/Strategizer.pdf

I personally have never tried any drug, and won't ever... and don't know if you smoke shisha (hookah) over there but don't let anyone fool you that it is fine and good for you too. It's equal to smoking 18 CIGGARETTES at one time. I used to have tons of links saved on this as I had friends who only smoke shisha... here's a few a recovered quickly but there's alot more out there: http://www.arabnews.com/?page=9§ion=0&article=28905&d=16&m=7&y=2003 and http://www.contactpakistan.com/Community...icle25.htm

Ecstacy, I have heard of people dying on the spot from it... don't know why, I heard alot of other stuff can happen too from that like vomitting, wetting themselves, permanent brain damage...

good luck, hopefully your friends will learn to live a better lifestyle.

Egg
(Login eggiedawl)
February 19 2008, 4:58 PM

Hopeful88, I too use Wikipedia for reference but unfortunately the link you provided lacks citations. The second paragraph already states, "Today, there is still a substantial amount of propaganda and misinformation from both cannabis advocates and opponents due to the legal issues of cannabis, including legal and political constraints on cannabis research", meaning research can bias so use that site with caution.

If you do a search on this forum we have already talked about marijuana and it was pretty heated up and now I have a good feeling this one will be too. Many people have strong opinions on marijuana whether for or against. As for me, I'm a regular user, as stated in the past. By the way, I participate in various medical testing and during procedure I have to take a blood and urine sample. There is traces of marijuana in me but it didn't matter to them as long as I was healthy. One research I got to participate was a new birth control. It's like the ring but is reusable for an entire year. The doctors and nurses of the research knew I smoked marijuana and let me proceed because all my vitals proved me healthy from all their testing.

I am totally against drugs that are man-made. Meaning cigarettes, ecstasy, cocaine, pharmaceutical drugs, etc. Most of these man-made drugs are issued and distribute by the government. They make the money and sell it to us. Ironic.

Ecstasy causes death in people who are dehydrated. Try to go to youtube and maybe you might find the investigated report from 20/20 on ecstasy. Victims come out to talk about the harmful drug and x-rays of their brain shows that the drug eats away the brain with heavy use.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 19 2008, 5:06 PM

Okay fair enough, I didn't read all of it because I already learned about how drugs are bad for us years ago... I just posted that quickly so she could look. So riya, you just have to do reasearch and figure out where you stnd on this issue. Egg, that's fine doctors didn't say anything to you... I just don't like how people act like there is nothing wrong with it. There is something wrong with smoking it just as there is something wrong about smoking cigarettes, right? Nothing is 100% good for you, no matter how "natural" it is.

Woolly Sheep
(no login)
February 19 2008, 5:12 PM

ok egg, since you feel it is goin to get nasty(so do I ), please everyone, only post your opinion and any valuable info here .We are not here to fight or offend people, please lets not have heated discussions,or jump at anyone else's reactions.
Thanks.Hopeful,where did you get this info about hookah? is that true, I did think it was much milder than smoking, and someone else gave me a figure of something like an hour of hookah =7 cigarettes.
thanks

Woolly Sheep
(no login)
February 19 2008, 5:42 PM

oh I am sorry hopeful ,I had missed that one link.read it now

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
February 19 2008, 6:12 PM

Most deaths from ecstasy use are due to dehydration. The number of deaths from taking ecstatsy in the UK last year was 48.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
February 19 2008, 6:39 PM

Ecstasy itself isn't harmful except in huge doses, some hippy guy experimented on himself and took about 70 tablets at home one evening and was fine after. Some people can have an allergic reaction to the fillers or the actual ecstasy in the same way you could die from a peanut allergy. Sometimes dangerous stuff can be used as a filler, I know there have been reports of it being cut with warfarin (active ingredient in rat poison) which is an anticoagulant and can cause internal bleeding or various household cleaning products that are not safe to ingest. As stated above most deaths are caused by dehydration, if you'd danced all night then you would have collapsed anyway regardless of taking or not taking drugs - the drug just stops you seeing your body's warning signs that you're overdoing it (hence the name 'dance of death' in the early 90s). You can also seriously damage or kill yourself by overcompensating and drinking too much water.

Smoking weed seems to have very variable effects in different people, I know people in late middle age who've smoked a LOT since their teens and have no ill effects and I know other people who by college age were a bit paranoid and odd but maybe it only brings out mental symptoms if you're going that way anyway? It's definitely been linked with schizophrenia but doesn't seem to have that effecton everyone in the same way that not everyone who smokes cigarettes gets cancer.

I don't take drugs for religious reasons (and expense and not getting out much reasons!) but don't really care if other people do or don't, it's no different from drinking. The people who really annoy me are the anti-smokers! (I don't smoke either just think people should mind their own business!).

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
February 19 2008, 6:45 PM

As far as smoking goes -and this applies to anything a person smokes- it could be cloves, tobacco, marijuana, smoke from a fire -you name it - leaves a residue in the lungs. This 'tar' clogs the lungs and leads to reduced oxygenation. Eventually it will lead to COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).

The tarry residue also causes the body to activate immune cells which will gobble up the tar. There also is a inflammation of lung and throat tissue. Inflamed tissues are more likely to become malignant.

Is marijuana more toxic than cigarettes ? Not more, but probably as far as the tar is concerned it is just as much of a problem. It also depends on the smoker's habit. Is it a joint? - you have to consider the smoke is super-heated and that alone can damage lung and throat tissues. Is is a bong? - you have to consider the smoke is usually inhaled deeper (cooler temperature) and there is a lot more of it per 'puff'.

I would suggest if you wish to continue to use marijuana you should eat it or make a tea out of it. This will still give the effects of the drug, but eliminate the whole 'smoke in the lungs' problem.

As far as Esctacy -it is a methamphetamine class of drug -aside from the dehydration deaths, it also causes permanent brain injury. This is a good one to avoid at all costs.

Just my .02 cents,
waxingmoon

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 19 2008, 6:50 PM

HAHAHA. ''Do weed?''
No. Whether it's natural or not, [even though that is partially the reason] smoking pot is definitely less harmful than smoking cigarettes. Have you ever seen a pot head dying from lung cancer?
Yeah, they say you lose a ton of brain cells from smoking pot..
But for fvcks sake people... you lose brain cells from jumping up and down and hitting your head against the wall.
Big deal. You can't become retarded from smoking it unless you smoke like 50 grams at once. And any pothead would know that smoking out of a hookah just wastes your weed.
You don't really become ''crazy and out of your mind'' either. I don't know where that came from, they must of been secretly taking other drugs. But yes you may become slower in the head a bit. Crap from the internet is a joke. They just don't want kids to get into it and then they make up all this bogus long term effects. They kind of have to do that. Weed is a gateway drug... once you start smoking that, you're bound to try other drugs. That's basically why.

As for ecstacy and dying from it... Pretty much because the person who took it, took too many pills for their body weight or their liver/heart can't handle it, or dehydration. That's why you always have to drink water during when you do these things. Same thing goes for alcohol. Which could lead to horrible alcohol poisoning or possibly death. But you'd have to drink a lot of course.

I used to be really bad into drugs. The only one that I really thought was horrible and uncontrollable was PCP. Unless you want to get into drugs, I suggest not trying it because it's very rare when someone actually tries it and refuses to do it anymore nowadays. I've seen alot of kids say, '''ohhhhh I'll only try it once... swear..'' I always doubted them and was pretty much always right. Because the next thing you know, they are coming back as fiends and hook-ups for more.

Oh and also... About the forum for mixing NBE with weed... I'm not quite sure what would happen but I have heard a lot that smoking pot stunts your growth and obviously makes your boobs smaller. Does anybody know any information on this or know if that's a true fact?

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 19 2008, 7:06 PM

Everyone I know uses tabacco to smoke in hookahs, not weed.

And when I said it makes you crazy I was refering to a personal case that I have unfortunately seen in a middle aged person in my life. It can be linked with increased chances of schizophrenic and psychosis, and yes this person did smoke an obscene amount over the course of their life. okay?

And about the internet making up bogus facts... that is not fully true, while not everything on the internet can be reliable as Egg pointed out like wikipedia. There are certainly medical studies that show ciggarettes are harmful right? So their are also certainly reiable studies on other things people use too.

Good luck everyone.

Egg
(Login eggiedawl)
February 19 2008, 7:38 PM

Jackie: You're right. Smoking marijuana on a hookah is just wasteful because there's too much filtering.

Waxingmoon: I would love to eat and drink it instead of smoking it and you're right it is a better way to take it in, it's just that is cost too much to make edibles. The medical dispensary I go to charges ten dollars for a brownie and to take THC in affect you have to consume at least four. On the other hand they also sell marijuana hot sauce (I know it's weird) but that a condiment. It's just so expensive. I'm a college student and I don't make a lot and used my money on WonderUp instead. By the way, I'm still growing on WonderUp with marijuana.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
February 19 2008, 9:46 PM

In the interest of fair and balanced reporting... lol Here are some portions of articles regarding cancer risks of marijuana:

This is a portion of an article from Jan, 2007:

“In an article published in the European Respiratory Journal, the scientists said cannabis could be expected to harm the airways more than tobacco as its smoke contained twice the level of carcinogens, such as polyaromatic hydrocarbons, compared with tobacco cigarettes.

The method of smoking also increases the risk, since joints are typically smoked without a proper filter and almost to the very tip, which increases the amount of smoke inhaled. The cannabis smoker inhales more deeply and for longer, facilitating the deposition of carcinogens in the airways.

"Cannabis smokers end up with five times more carbon monoxide in their bloodstream (than tobacco smokers)," team leader Richard Beasley, at the Medical Research Institute of New Zealand, said in a telephone interview.
"There are higher concentrations of carcinogens in cannabis smoke ... what is intriguing to us is there is so little work done on cannabis when there is so much done on tobacco." http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080129/hl_n...annabis_dc

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This article was from June 2000:

“(CNN) -- Smoking marijuana may be a greater cancer danger than smoking tobacco, a new study from the University of California at Los Angeles suggests. The research, conducted on mice, was published in the July issue of the Journal of Immunology. The UCLA researchers studied the effect of tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the major euphoriant in marijuana.

They found that THC can promote tumor growth in mice by impairing the body's anti-tumor immunity system. Mice with normal immune systems had significant tumor growth when injected with both lung cancer cells and THC. However, the compound appeared to have no effect on mice whose immune systems were already compromised.

While previous research had shown that THC can lower resistance to both bacterial and viral infections, this is the first time that THC’s possible tumor-promoting activity has been reported, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, a part of the National Institutes of Health.” http://archives.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/canc...index.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This article was from May 2006

“People who smoke marijuana -- even heavy, long-term marijuana users -- appear not to be at increased risk of developing lung cancer, says a US study. Marijuana smoking also did not appear to increase the risk of head and neck cancers, such as cancer of the tongue, mouth, throat or esophagus, the study found.“
http://health.dailynewscentral.com/conte...002267/61/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I guess you can say if you believe the article from May 2006 that marijuana does not pose a cancer risk. However, if you believe the articles from June 2000 and January 2007 you think that marijuana does pose cancer and health risks.

Scientific studies conflict all the time. This does not mean they are inaccurate. It just means that in the way a study was set up, a finding was discovered. You must decide for yourself what the whole truth is.

It is up to each person to judge just how much risk they are willing to allow in their lives. For some a life without the effects of marijuana is not worth contemplating. These people are willing to take the risk associated with this drugs use.

About marijuana and NBE - a known side effect of marijuana use in males is gynecomastia. This would seem to indicate a phytoestrogen effect. However, if the estrogen potency of marijuana was low, it might conflict with the use of other more potent phytoestrogens. I have never read a study that focuses on the phytoestrogen strength of marijuana. Considering its phytoestrogen effect on men though, it would probably not be the best choice for women who are estrogen dominant.

waxingmoon

Woolly Sheep
(no login)
February 20 2008, 7:23 AM

Thanks everyone,I prefer to believe itis harmful and say away from it. and no I dont want to do any of it,I only asked to know what happens. maybe I should even stop hookah although we use not weed but tobacco in it, and I only do it rarely.BY the way anyone knows how long nicotine would stay in the bloodstream and can eb detected after you stop smoking. I may have to get a blood test done sometime and my parents dont know I smoke( on the way to quitting) would the nicotine show in the report ?

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
February 20 2008, 12:59 PM

Woolly Sheep - depending on what your blood is being tested for would depend on if the nicotine shows up. Like if your blood work is for a thyroid test, iron, blood thickness, diabetes, etc, they wouldn't be testing for drugs in the blood. If its a drug test, then they might test for nicotine, but its not a standard drug they test for unless they have changed some things.

Anyway I found this answer for you in regards to your original question:

Nicotine has a blood half-life of about 60 minutes. That is, each hour, your body metabolizes half of what is in your blood.

How long you need to quit to pass your test depends on how much you have in your bloodstream when you quit. A second site says that you should stop smoking for 7-10 days.

Most parents though find out through different way instead of blood tests ie. clothes, finding your packs, actually seeing you, or hearing of someone else seeing you etc.....

Do yourself a favor and quit for good, if you can, its better for your health. But I will not get on a soap box, that is all I have to say about it.

Hope this helps.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 20 2008, 10:19 PM

ZINGGGGG!

Jennelle
(Login Jenneelle)
EVE MEMBERS
February 22 2008, 8:43 AM

Just to correct one point - Louise said ecstasy itself isn't harmful except in huge doses. This is wrong because there are cases on record where someone has died after taking a single ecstasy tablet.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 22 2008, 6:15 PM

Yeah but Jennelle, what they don't tell you is what they took WITH the Ecstasy. They basically just sum it up. There is no way that could of happened unless they were taking other medication/drinking alcohol along with it. Or the pill itself was laced with another drug that shouldn't be.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 22 2008, 6:26 PM

Well maybe if people didn't take things that even temmporairly (for the short-term) affect how their brain functions in the first place, than they wouldn't be making dangerous decisions like mixing pills with other pills and alcohol at all.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 22 2008, 8:04 PM

I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this. Whatever people are retards then?

Oh, hey, by the way - in the interest of the 'whole' picture... Every drug out there has a 'sudden death' associated with taking it, including asprin.

Judy
(Login Judy H)
February 22 2008, 12:13 PM

I'm less interested in the cases of sudden death from consuming ecstasy or marijuana than I am in what their effect is on NBE. I know someone who blames his man boobs on smoking marijuana!

Does anyone ever tried infusing cannabis on their food? I have read many articles suggesting that cannabis has a very potent effect when it comes with pain and inflamation like this strain /funky-monkey/. The reason for this is that I dont smoke so mixing it with food seems a good idea. Any personal experience or testimonial is highly appreciated. TIA

(03-01-2018, 05:10 PM)Anselm Wrote:  Does anyone ever tried infusing cannabis on their food? I have read many articles suggesting that cannabis has a very potent effect when it comes with pain and inflamation like this strain /funky-monkey/. The reason for this is that I dont smoke so mixing it with food seems a good idea. Any personal experience or testimonial is highly appreciated. TIA

I have never seen any evidence that pot effects breast growth (or any other growth for that matter). Eating it is a way to get very high, so be careful how much you eat. If NBE is your goal, don't do it. Pot is a recreational drug, and many people enjoy getting high, and some people claim there is mild medical benefits (I personally think these benefits are imagined). I smoked a lot of pot when I was young 1970s, and all it really did was make me happy to work at minimum wage and waste my life away.

(03-01-2018, 05:10 PM)Anselm Wrote:  Does anyone ever tried infusing cannabis on their food? I have read many articles suggesting that cannabis has a very potent effect when it comes with pain and inflamation like this strain /funky-monkey/. The reason for this is that I dont smoke so mixing it with food seems a good idea. Any personal experience or testimonial is highly appreciated. TIA

Eating pot is not ideal as you really can't anticipate how much you are getting and the effects seem to last a lot longer eg if you consume some in the evening then it can still be effecting you in the morning. Oil is the same. Smoking while not ideal (carcinogenic effects) is best delivery system as you can gauge how much you need to subdue the pain.  You can get smokeless pipes and pipes which allows you to put a very small quantity in and have a couple of puffs.  Vaporizers are also great way to go but they can be costly and not as covert as a little pipe.  And if you choose to smoke, smoke without tobacco, as you'll get addicted to the nicotine hit. It does work on pain however in some people it can exacerbate pain so just beware. If you choose to use it use it more like you would any other medication occasionally when you need to, the body has it's own ability to heal itself but you must give it the chance; i think a lot of health problems come from what we are putting into our bodies 'foods, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, alcohol, drugs and emotional turmoil', people keep looking for the external to heal them when they have to start looking at the internal and what they are doing to themselves. If your body has a reaction to some food or you have emotional turmoil you can't expect everything to be alright in there, you can't dump rubbish all over the kitchen floor and expect the floor to be clean, people have to stop ignoring their body queues.  So yes cannabis will help with your pain but i think you'll find it's a short term solution and that if you continue to create inflammation in your body no amount of 'anti-inflammatory' will fix it for you, so i would work on two prong defense and decrease inflammatory 'stuffs' i put in and use anti-inflammatory foods and supps to give the body a chance to sort it out.
Ps. cannabis is no good for a developing brain, teenagers and young adults should not use cannabis.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon