Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Supplements and Hormonal Birth Control

Hey all,

I've been massaging for about two months now - almost one full month with flaxseed oil and while I haven't seen any growth my breasts have definitely changed. I don't know how to explain it. Its not really the shape or size, but the way they sit? I'm not sure. My boyfriend mentioned they feel different and I definitely agree but I can't quite pin down how.

Anyways, I was wondering about any herbal supplements that DON'T interact with birth control? I have the Mirena IUD and will be starting the pill soon in addition because I tried fenugreek and it messed up my cycle something fierce, so I need to regulate myself after that.

I've done a lot of reading, and it sounds like milk thistle, red clover and saw palmetto work wonders, but I'm concerned that they'll interfere with my BC. I live with my boyfriend and I have zero interest in a baby right now, so I don't want to risk it.

I can't seem to find anything about how they interact with BC though, which is why I'm asking if anyone here knows what does and doesn't interfere?

Thanks!

Anything you to do change your hormones will affect the efficacy of your birth control.
I was taking herbs while on bcp but didn't have very fast growth and I got lucky that I didn't get pregnant! silly mistake of mine
Have you looked into the copper paragard iud?
I just got that and it doesn't have hormones in it. I have grown a lot faster since I got it and I can actually manipulate my hormones.

(26-02-2016, 06:30 AM)msnewboobies Wrote:  Anything you to do change your hormones will affect the efficacy of your birth control.
I was taking herbs while on bcp but didn't have very fast growth and I got lucky that I didn't get pregnant! silly mistake of mine
Have you looked into the copper paragard iud?
I just got that and it doesn't have hormones in it. I have grown a lot faster since I got it and I can actually manipulate my hormones.

I haven't actually as I did only just get the Mirena in August.

I know that all herbs do mess with your hormones, but I knoew fenugreek doesn't alter them enough to make bc less effective. I can't find reports on anything else though, which is why I asked.

I'll look into the paraguard though, I'm not liking the Mirena so far.

Thanks!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon