Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

need to bring up hormones, all low, advice?

yeah its a facebook group called sibo discussion/support group, bit of a clusterfuck but the occasional good information !

i'm thinking of looking into muscle testing. can they tell what hormone-y supplements are safe for someone to take ?

also yeah i have the same problem ! i use topical lugols and it dissappears within much much less than 24 hours. i heard part of that is evaporation, not absorption. in general i had been feeling better since i started using it, but then one day i added more onto my body before the last had dissapeared and felt extreme cold and since then i've generally been feeling colder than before. which made me kinda realize how risky it is to mess around with. i dont think i have hashimotos but i definitely think i have hypothyroidism and i would blame all the tofu and raw brassica veg i ate for just a couple years.

yikes this has really veered off the topic of NBE for which im totally sorry. i will say that when my progesterone was depleted before i knew that was happening to me, i noticed that was when i developped significantly widder/flabbier hips than i used to have. i dont even mind cause ive always wanted a bigger waist to hip ration, but it was an interesting surprise.

i think my big question is how high should i get my progesterone for it to begin to block 5-ar ? is it totally variable for everyone?

(26-02-2016, 10:26 PM)cistusincanus Wrote:  yeah its a facebook group called sibo discussion/support group, bit of a clusterfuck but the occasional good information !

i'm thinking of looking into muscle testing. can they tell what hormone-y supplements are safe for someone to take ?

also yeah i have the same problem ! i use topical lugols and it dissappears within much much less than 24 hours. i heard part of that is evaporation, not absorption. in general i had been feeling better since i started using it, but then one day i added more onto my body before the last had dissapeared and felt extreme cold and since then i've generally been feeling colder than before. which made me kinda realize how risky it is to mess around with. i dont think i have hashimotos but i definitely think i have hypothyroidism and i would blame all the tofu and raw brassica veg i ate for just a couple years.

yikes this has really veered off the topic of NBE for which im totally sorry. i will say that when my progesterone was depleted before i knew that was happening to me, i noticed that was when i developped significantly widder/flabbier hips than i used to have. i dont even mind cause ive always wanted a bigger waist to hip ration, but it was an interesting surprise.

i think my big question is how high should i get my progesterone for it to begin to block 5-ar ? is it totally variable for everyone?

Honestly re your progesterone question, I'm sure lotus will have some ideas.

But yeh threads veer off topic all the time.

It's very hard to advise what people need too, ie I was told goats rue and fenugreek were fine to take together, fenu raises all hormones and GR raises prolactin etc... Guess what.. I reActed terribly and ended up in hospital. Gotta be so careful mucking around with herbs as harmless as they seem, but you already know that Blush

I'm glad you mentioned the iodine thing, i was worried about taking too much so you've clarified that for me.

Muscle testing YES they can have you "hold" a supplement then do the muscle arm thing and or I think vega testing? They put a little wand on you and a reading spits out when you hold a supplement I in your hand.

Of course none of this is diagnostic and even I'm on the fence about it. But then there's a lot of good feedback to it as well. All I can suggest is try it. I can say I'm as analytical and skeptic as they come and I was convinced my mind would overpower the muscle test procedure but I can say there were things he tested on me and he managed to push my arm right down like it was a feather - and that was totally out of my control....

(19-02-2016, 11:01 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Greetings,

The blood androgen calculation I get are:

0.0114 ng/dL = 12.6 % (Free T)
0.000484 ng/dL = 0.539 % (BioT)

The SHBG of 166 nmol/L is high. I'd look into adrenal/pituitary deficiency, possibly ACTH deficiency (adrenocorticotropic hormone). Meaning you're not making enough hormones. Get on a detox plan, stop all the herbs, wait a full cycle and then evaluate how feel. DHEA could be helpful, the exact dosage?, I won't speculate. Personally, I'd insist on getting a thryroid panel and discussing the results with a qualified clinician.

is 12% free T pretty high? feel like i remember reading its meant to be like 2%?

(04-03-2016, 04:30 AM)cistusincanus Wrote:  
(19-02-2016, 11:01 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Greetings,

The blood androgen calculation I get are:

0.0114 ng/dL = 12.6 % (Free T)
0.000484 ng/dL = 0.539 % (BioT)

The SHBG of 166 nmol/L is high. I'd look into adrenal/pituitary deficiency, possibly ACTH deficiency (adrenocorticotropic hormone). Meaning you're not making enough hormones. Get on a detox plan, stop all the herbs, wait a full cycle and then evaluate how feel. DHEA could be helpful, the exact dosage?, I won't speculate. Personally, I'd insist on getting a thryroid panel and discussing the results with a qualified clinician.

is 12% free T pretty high? feel like i remember reading its meant to be like 2%?

It's very low. Normal range 2-5%........from the looks of it could be a luteal defect too (from the low progesterone). Check for yourself regarding the results it got. And btw, my thoughts are speculation on my part. Blush

http://www.issam.ch/freetesto.htm

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon