Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

BB machines and supplies

Louise, Jellyboobs, Kieyah, BB Users
May 5 2008 at 1:06 AM Kekie (Login Kekie)
I am asking this question here as I don't know how often you guys visit other sections. Where did you get your BB machines and supplies? I can't seem to find a good picture of one. I am wondering if I bought the domes and possibly the tubing would my Madella breast pump work for the suction? My breast pump pumps to the nipple and I am assuming the BB suctions around the boob? What is a good website to get info? I have searched a little but with 3 kids don't always have alot of time, so thought I would go to the veteran users for info. Any info would be appreciated. Louise I thought I read somewhere that you mentioned to someone going to Harber Freight for a pump? I couldn't find that thread.

Amy
(Login amy_m8427)
Re: Louise, Jellyboobs, Kieyah, BB Users
May 5 2008, 4:29 PM

You can get the BB at gismostore.com

It's the official seller of the BB, the website is:

http://gismostore.com/gismostore.html

Goodluck!

Amy:o)

Kekie
(Login Kekie)
Jellyboobs
May 5 2008, 8:59 PM

sorry Jellyboobs, I read so much, I mixed you up with Fullness. I got the blossom s soap idea from you, which I like very much. I am ready to try a pump but wondering if my $300.00 Madella pump could be used with other (BB or Noogleberry)domes?

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
May 5 2008, 9:20 PM

I purchased mine direct from the manufacturer. you can get a system for around $300 including shipping to the US through them. You can get it cheaper if you don't need all the extra glass nipple parts. They priced me $250 including shipping for the unit, US power cord, tubing, and two sets of domes. here is their emails that I have: Jet@21avs.com; jimyjet@hotmail.com; jet820214@hotmail.com

Yes your breast pump should work if it is an electric one. all you'd need is the tubing (or you could make your own out of fish tank tubing and a T connector) and domes. you might also want to get a sheet of silicone for cushion but it is not necessary. yes the BB domes pump around the whole breast.

Kekie
(Login Kekie)
May 5 2008, 9:22 PM

OH MY GOSH I can't believe those machines are over $300.00. I guess I should have known, even my electric breastfeeding pump cost that much.
Ok ladies I am awaiting feedback.

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
May 5 2008, 9:31 PM

gismostore has the domes sold separately for $45 for large or $59 for XL. so if you used your breastmilk pump all you'd need is a set of domes and tubing. that's not to bad.

that's what I'm about to do. I wish I had held onto my BB machine. But until I can save up for a real one I'm gonna use a breast pump and BB domes from the gismostore. They should arrive any day now. If you want I'll let you know how it goes.

Kekie
(Login Kekie)
Kieyah
May 5 2008, 9:36 PM

Keep me posted as I will save sooo much money if I can use my Madella Breast pump with the other domes and tubing. Is that the cheapest place to buy the domes, the link that was posted?

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
May 5 2008, 9:50 PM

You might want to try posting on the brava/bb forum that you need a set of domes and see if one of the other girls has a set they've outgrown or won't be using they can sell you. gismostore is the only place to purchase the domes separately that I know of unless you can get from manufacturer. I am in US and the manufacturer is in china, so I don't think the shipping would be worth it from them just for domes at least not for me. so I got my domes from gismostore. if you are closer it might be. the price at gismostore includes shipping already and that's for US but they do ship to other countries.

Kekie
(Login Kekie)
May 5 2008, 10:00 PM

I am in the Us...Florida to be exact.

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
May 9 2008, 9:07 PM

ok domes arrived today. I tried it out and the medela pump does work but it is no where near as strong as BB. So it will work for starters but you will probably want to get some tubing to make an airlock with, or get an evenflo pump like what I used to have, or save up for a real BB machine.

Personally I have decided not to use the medela pump. I am using XL domes so it might work better with smaller domes since there'd be less room/air in them that it would have to pump out. But I don't have any other size domes to try this on. I would not fit any of the smaller sized domes so I do not plan to try this. I did try manually sucking some air out and then plug up to the machine and it did not make the suction any stronger, it just slowly stabalized the pressure down to where it was before.

If you are interested in the evenflo pump I posted a link to one (in another post) that is the same model that I had used. You could look for that model. I don't know if newer models that are out would work the same. It allows you to control the suction by holding it down until you want to release. this allows to have as much or as little suction as you want. it is a bit of a pain because you have to manually release, but the pump does all the suction for you. so it would be similar to BB in that the suction could be as strong as you want but it is a bit of a pain to have to release the suction manually over and over. but it does work. in fact I had more swelling using this method than I ever did with BB but there is a downside. since I was overdoing it i often had hicky=like marks on my boobs.

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
May 9 2008, 9:12 PM

Found it: http://cgi.ebay.com/Evenflo-Dual-Electri...dZViewItem

This is not me selling it and I don't know this person. I am just posting the link so you can see the picture of what it looks like and how cheap they are. The tubing from this pump fits the BB domes. So all you need is a set of BB domes. And if you want to get a sheet of silicone for cushion but it is optional.

Kekie
(Login Kekie)
Kieyah
May 9 2008, 10:07 PM

Thanks for keeping me posted. I would like to try the BB machine, but they are pricey and I read that just suction can have an irregular effect on your periods...that kind of worries me as I am only using PM topical products and had an early and long period. If you don't mind me asking, in your NBE quest with suction and herbs has it effected your cycle?

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
May 10 2008, 2:04 AM

No I didn't notice any problems with my cycle with BB or anything else I've tried so far with the exception of bovine ovary. I think cycle problems with suction are rare. On the other hand I think cycle problems with PM and bovine are quite common but only temporary.

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
May 10 2008, 2:51 AM

Oh, yeah you will need a T-connector for the evenflo pump. I am trying to find one of these now, not having much luck though. I think it is an older model now.

jadepressley
(no login)
evenflo breast pumps at affordable rates
May 5 2009, 4:01 AM

I know that with the help of my Evenflo Pump, I WILL make that goal! After countless hours of use, it is still performing beautifully. Although it was a large investment in the beginning purchasing my PIS, it certainly was worth every penny spent and then some. What I've saved not having to buy formula is only one of the many ways the Evenflo Pump has paid for itself. I highly recommend this product!!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon