Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Heat Pad

Sorry if this is silly question: But what is a heat pad and where can u get it??
October 20 2008 at 5:20 PM AsianGirl (Login pooikuan82)
Hi all,

I see alot of peopl talking bout using heat pad for faster absorption but I'm wondering what is a heat pad and where can u get it??

thanks.
Grace

Nancy
(no login)
Re: Sorry if this is silly question: But what is a heat pad and where can u get it??
October 20 2008, 5:46 PM

Hi there, you can purchase a heat pad at Long Drug, Walgreen, Rite Aid, Walmart,etc... you can ask the sales reps in the store, they will show you.

AsianGirl
(Login pooikuan82)
Re: Sorry if this is silly question: But what is a heat pad and where can u get it??
October 30 2008, 7:39 AM

Thanks Nancy for the response.

But I'm not from the State. I'm living in Singapore. Is the heat pad some kind of medication items or beauty item? In what kind of store do you find it, like pharmacy or beauty saloon places?

thanks.
Grace

RomaV
(Login RomaV)
October 30 2008, 1:31 PM

Hi,
the heating pad is neither a medication nor a beauty supply. You can most likely purchase an electric heating pad at your local drug store. Check out the pic at this page to get an idea of what a heating pad looks like: http://www.vitalitymedical.com/isroot/St...SUN756.jpg

Blessings,
RomaV

greecemonkey
(Login greecemonkey)
November 1 2008, 1:02 AM

Hi AsianGirl, I just use a hot water bottle. They can be found almost anywhere and theyre cheap too!!

Good luck finding something ;P

Happy growing!!

aunaturel9
(no login)
November 1 2008, 2:43 AM

indeed. you can use mini double ziploc bags, pop them in a micowave for 20 seconds and you have yourself a heating pad. very cost efficient too Smile

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
November 1 2008, 12:50 PM

Then there are also these that are not electrical, basically they're pockets with a sort of jello in them cause the jello is efficient in string heat. You microwave it or put it in hot water and it's ready to use.

http://www.heatpads.com.au/userimages/MainHeatPad.jpg

I have one but I'm too lazy to use it for NBE, I just use it for pains. You can buy them at a health store or pharmacy.

Is Anyone bothering to use heating Pad???????
September 21 2006 at 5:45 PM Snowflake (Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Was reading back near the begining of forum and alot of talk there about the benifits of using a heating pad after massages, ecspecially the night massage. Is anyone doing this. Does anyone think it is helping??? Would really like to hear from someone that has had good results.

Jen
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Is Anyone bothering to use heating Pad???????
September 21 2006, 7:33 PM

Snowflake - I try to use a heating pad after every massage - following Surf's suggestion. I definitely feel like it makes a difference.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Thanks Jen!!!!
September 21 2006, 7:40 PM

I have been doing massages now for sometime. Anyway was just reading old, old, posts and alot of ladies were using heating pads, so I thought I would give it a try, and because my heating pad is so old ended up kind of burning myself abit, had it on Med. But anyway thought it made them look puffy. So going to continue and see what happens. BTW If you talk to the old gang, say hello for me. I have trouble keeping up at the butterfly room. And NBE is still my goal. But I do miss them and often wonder how everyone is doing. Take Care Jen!!!!!

Surf
(Login Surf.)
EVE MEMBERS
September 22 2006, 12:29 AM

Yes, yes, yes I use a heating pad. It is not electric, but a material bag type thing filled with corn that you heat in the microwave. It's WONDERFUL!!! It's kinda of a moist, but dry to the touch heat - hard to explain. I feel it really helps, expecially since I'm a kinda cold type of person.

Gigando growing boobie blessings to all!

Jen
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
September 22 2006, 4:27 AM

I have the same heating pad/bag that Surf describes. I LOVE it. Thanks Surf! Since adding heat and gelatine, I seem to feel more tingles.

Snowflake - you should check into these corn heat bags. You don't want to worry about burning your skin. Visit and check in when you can. Everybody would love to hear from you. Take care!!

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Hey Jen, Surf!!!
September 22 2006, 1:48 PM

Thanks for the tips, will most definitly keep heating them up. I will try and visit there, but I have a problem sometimes getting my work done, get so caught up with whats going on with everyone. I know that Sunset left, hope she is doing well, sure miss her here. And hope all the gurls are getting along well. Take Care !!!

Jen
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
September 22 2006, 5:15 PM

I posted this under a different thread, but will post it here too, in case others are interested.

Surf had posted about these heating bags a while ago. They are wonderful. Here are a few links:

http://melbay.safeshopper.com/index.htm?253

http://www.diamondthreadworks.com/microw...g_bags.htm

http://www.adapt-technologies.com/heat-therapy-pads.php

Amber
(Login Amber.)
September 22 2006, 8:29 PM

I used a heat pad and I thought it definitely helped (the kind I used was a therapeutic heat pad).

Coffeegirl
(Login coffeegirl77)
September 22 2006, 8:55 PM

This is one of those things I have been meaning to try, but just haven't gotten around to it! I forget who suggested it, but someone also mentioned getting those gel inserts for nursing moms that you can pop into the microwave and slip into your bra. I piced some at Target and they were about ten dollars. I will pick some up one of these days...

Why heat is important for Growing breasts.
June 18 2008 at 4:33 PM GoldSnowflake (Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Using a heating pad twice daily or even once is beneficial because Heat raises prolactic levels in the breasts. Prolactin helps keep fat in the breasts. Estrogen will distribute fat all over the body but prolactin, which is a hormone, will direct fat to the breast area. Heat raises the prolatic levels in our breasts, may even produce it when we are taking herbs. Heats also will convert testerone in the breasts into estrogen. I searched way back in the forum board and found Honebee's post about this subject as she was and is such a expert, but we lost her to the BeBoard and she dosen't contribute here anymore. Anyway this is why heat is so important to a routine and this has always been so, even from the begining of the forum from April of 2005, they relized this.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
Re: Why heat is important for Growing breasts.
June 18 2008, 5:06 PM

That's very intresting, I didn't know that. I wish there was some easier way to apply heat than a heating pad, some sort of a cream or sth. I think wax is used for a heating purpose in slimming products (I doubt it works for slimming, but supposedly it warms the area). Hmm I do remember some people said that applying oils gave them a very warm feeling in the breasts.
Thanks for the contribution.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
June 18 2008, 5:23 PM

Hey Moon, how are ya? I guess you could try a mild linomint, and add you herbal extracts to it. But you would have to be careful not to burn your skin. And I also wonder if it would be the same kind of heat, linomint vs. heating pad, and if it would reach deep enough into the breasts. I don't know, all one could do is try it and see. When this discussion came up before, women were using cloth bags filled with rice, and heated in the microwave, or heated towels. I have a hot soak in the tub and make sure my boobs are kept warm either with hot washcloth or water. I try and massage then too. I have used heating pad too and thought I saw results, but who has the time or patiance for that matter. If you do decide to try a linomint, keep it off the nipples, they will burn first and are more sesitive anyway, talking from experience when had a bad chest cold.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
June 18 2008, 5:31 PM

OK, just had a thought. Could we find herbs that would raise prolactin levels? Don't know. But I do remember reading on the BeBoard , a lady was found to have a brain tumour and her prolatin level was obscenely high, which the doc said caused the tumour to grow. But pregnant women produce higher prolatin levels when they are expecting, but then it drops off. Anyway, just some thoughts.

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
June 18 2008, 6:36 PM

Licorice root raises prolactin levels. I use it every other month or so to cover up the taste of the vile teas I drink.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/484503/th...ORICE+ROOT

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
June 18 2008, 7:09 PM

Hi Snowflake,
Thanks for the reminder. I used to use heat more often and I got a great response when I did.

Watch out in using heating pads- they can burn. Moist heat is better for the skin than the dry heat created by most heating pads. Hot, wet compresses are great but need to be reapplied as they lose the heat. I use my shower as a way to aim a stream of hot/warm water on the breasts - sort of a massage and heat effect at the same time. A wet bathing suit top (the darker color the better) and a session of sunbathing could be another method of increasing breast temperature.

Be aware that we are not talking about an extreme amount of heat. The temperature should be tolerable. It is better to have a more reasonable amount of heat for a longer period of time instead of a very hot treatment for a short amount of time. Burning the skin is not the objective and also, proteins are sensitive to extremes of heat. Proteins begin to denature -that is lose their shape and function at any level higher than 107 degrees (even 102 would feel rather hot to the skin).

Lotions and linaments will not do the same thing that a hot compress will do. The feeling of warmth created by these substances does not raise the body temperature, rather they enhance the blood flow to the skin and create a slight irritation that makes the skin sensation feel hotter when it actually is not.

As far as herbs... If you are seeking to raise prolactin, don't forget that vitex LOWERS prolactin. This makes it useful for treating some hormone imbalances, but would put it into conflict with NBE focusing on raising prolactin.

Most galactogogues will also raise prolactin - fenugreek and goat's rue come to mind.

waxingmoon

ellie
(no login)
June 30 2008, 7:18 PM

are there any herbs which raise prolactin without raising oestrogen?

i am naturally oestrogen dominant and have decided to stay away from oestrogen building herbs, which is how most of them work i think

so was thinking of using either herbs that just raise prolactin but not oestrogen, or else work in another way such as by raising progesterone, or just trying massage

Increasing blood flow with heat = BE?
January 13 2007 at 11:21 PM Lillea (Login Lillea)
Hi everyone,

I found this link

http://www.breastchronicles.co.uk/zine/e...ment.shtml

I don't agree with the author's concerns about the negative effects of increasing estrogen, etc. for the breasts, but I think it's interesting that heat alone helped with BE.

And this concept is supported by information I got from the book The Science of Sex by Dr. Kevin Pezzi.

http://www.sexualtips.net/

The book has information I have never seen or read elsewhere. The author is aware of that. He's frustrated by how his colleagues don't seem to understand much about sexuality, etc. He's not right about everything, but he still blows me away with his personal research, medical knowledge and observations.

On page 24, he explains that if you apply heat to your breasts after a large meal, you can increase your chances of having fats deposit there (increased blood flow and increased enzyme activity), and how applying cold to your breasts during excercise means that fat won't be burned from them as easily. He mentions this as a way to increase breast size along with upping estrogen in your body and reducing DHT (he notes green tea and evening primrose oil will reduce DHT). He also notes that there is a bra that can help regulate heat for you. I'll have to write to him to ask about it. He's very good about responding to my questions. He also seems to think that Brava is good, but I don't agree from what I know so far.

If anyone gets the book and wants to write to him about what board members have discovered about BE, that would be great. I don't have the energy or full knowledge to do that right now. I'm just impressed by how much information he's collected and by how creative he is. The website might seem too promotional in tone, but truly, this book is quite something.

What I'm wondering about is if there is really something to this heat thing. When people apply heat after their massage for BE, that seems to really help.

Any thoughts?

Katrina
(Login mountainkat)
Lillea...
January 14 2007, 2:08 AM

That is very interesting! I will check out the website, but just from the info on your post and am also pretty impressed. What a good theory that is about applying heat to the breast after a large meal will increase fat deposits there. I will have to try that. I have to say that I know a lot of women have been talking about applying heat to their breasts on here, but I never really saw the point in it. I know it helps circulation, but I don't think anyone has talked about doing it after a large meal. Also about exercising, I don't know who could actually keep their breasts cold during excercising or who would want to do that, but thats also a good thought. Maybe because the heat increases circulation to that area and the cold decreases circulation, so when you are exercising, you burn fat from areas where the blood is flowing more and since the breasts are not being circulated the calories cannot burn from there? Hmmm...I don't know. But thanks for the info!

Anonymous
(Login Lillea)
Re: Increasing blood flow with heat = BE?
January 14 2007, 2:45 AM

Hi Katrina,

I'm glad that you find this interesting! You're right about his theory of why fats will deposit or not when the area is heated as opposed to chilled. The trick would be timing and how to do this more effectively. I wonder if a person could attach thin gel packs to their body (or put them into a bra) - the kind of gel packs that can either be used with heat (soaked in hot water or microwaved) or chilled in the fridge or freezer. I wrote to him today to ask him more about this, so I'll see what he says. He has created some interesting medical devices and invites people to hire him to create things, so I'm wondering if he might be able to make something. His credentials are very good and based on what I've read so far, I have no doubt that he's onto something with this.

It seems that successful BE programs include applying heat after massage. Massage without heat also creates heat. Too much heat will deactivate enzymes, but low heat with an electric blanket should be fine from what I understand.

I wish I could copy parts of the book here, but copywrite laws forbid that. Sad He does invite questions on his site and offers free information. He has several websites for his various projects.

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
January 14 2007, 2:09 PM

I heard back from him and found out that he's planning to create a 'high tech' bra, but right now he has other things to make. I asked him about timing for heat application (how long after a big meal) so I'll post what he says when he replies.

I highly recommend his book again! I'm hoping that someone will be able to help him to understand about herbal BE in the near future. He updates his book frequently.

Lillea

Alcest
(Login Alcest)
January 14 2007, 2:47 PM

I need to use my heat pad more, it's just so annoying! And I can only do it if I'm home alone, or lock myself in a room. And then it's hard to move around and do anything because you have to hold it there. I've actually tried to strap it under my shirts before and then go about daily things but um.. well it doesn't work too well and it's also rather depressing because it gives me an enormous chest that I'm like "ooh..." and then I take it out and I think "oh."

Boobies06
(Login boobies06)
January 14 2007, 2:51 PM

Would I be able to find that book in Barnes and Noble or can it just be ordered from his site? I've been planning a shopping trip to buy books that might help with boobie knowledge.

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
Hi Lillea!
January 14 2007, 11:25 PM

Thanks for posting this, that's very interesting! And you have a great idea about the heat/cold packs thing...hopefully he will come up with something also, probably won't be near as cheap as those heat/cold packs though I'm sure. Smile And I'm a cheapo when it comes to improvising cheaper ways of doing things sometimes....so after reading your email, my husband had to go to walgreens anyhow and get a few things and I had him pick up one of those small heat/cold packs, was only $8 and it does fit into my sports bra...a little bulky but hey I can still do these around the house and all, not like sitting still with a heating pad. Also, I do only use it on my smaller side, but the pack is long enough to provide heat to both boobs. The directions for pack says to use it no longer than 30min every 2hours so I'll try that and will keep everyone posted...my smaller breast has been aching a lot today by the way since using the extra heat on it.

Breast blessings everyone and maybe we should try heating those babies up a little more! Smile

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
January 14 2007, 11:54 PM

Hi everyone!

Great about the gel pack experiment! Smile

The book is an Ebook, so all you need to do is download it to your computer. That's how he can update it frequently (if you buy the book, you get free updates). One of his other books - Fascinating Health Secrets - is in hard copy only. I plan to order it.

His section on breasts isn't as comprehensive as I'd like, but overall he really seems to be onto something and he has lots of information that is quite amazing. He speaks strongly against using phytoestrogens to increase estrogen in the body, but I don't know if any of his concerns are valid. That's why I hope that people here will read what he has to say and write to him to let him know what they've discovered.

Lillea

Boobies06
(Login boobies06)
January 15 2007, 12:22 AM

Why is he against using phytoestrogens? He doesn't believe they will work? Does he think it's unhealthy? Why?

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
January 15 2007, 12:31 AM

He believes that by filling estrogen receptors they interfere with the body's natural production of hormones which will cause negative effects over time. He believes in using different methods to increase estrogen. He also doesn't believe that phytoestrogens will increase breast size (the mentions how he looked at ingredients on BE pills and found nothing that would increase breasts). This shows his ignorance about herbs. That's why I think that someone should write to him with good information and reports of success. It's free to write to him, as you can see here:

http://www.erbook.net/ersubq.htm

Boobies06
(Login boobies06)
January 15 2007, 12:34 AM

Why wouldn't they work for BE? It seems to be a pretty simple concept. . .

right?

Erica
(Login em357304)
January 15 2007, 1:31 AM

I'm going to start going to the gym again this week and I was worried about losing the weight in my boobs...this gives me hope and sounds like a wonderful idea, I'm definatley going to read the book whenever I get a chance...

So I wonder...I have a waterbra and I wonder if you put that in the freezer and wore it under your sports bra, how long it would stay cold...I think I'll have to do some testing...

lassysam
(Login lassysam)
cool boobs
January 15 2007, 2:17 AM

That frozen bra thing just does not sound appealing to me. lol. I would like to lose some weight also, but I really don't want my boobs any smaller than they already are. Still... buhrrr... I mean it has been getting -19' here, I don't think I could purposely freeze my boobies at the moment.
Do let us know how your experiment goes though.

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
January 15 2007, 5:00 AM

Hi Boobies06, it seems that he just hasn't looked into how the herbs might work. I can't fault him for his lack of belief when there are so many scams with BE products. He's a mavric, but he's still an allopathic doctor for the most part. I think that he'll be very open to learning about what BEers are doing if anyone cares to write to him about this. My knowledge level about natural BE isn't strong enough for me to pursue it with him.

Hi Lassysam, I don't like the idea of chilling my boobs at all (I shiver just thinking about it), but if it works, great!

Hi Erica, the waterbra might stay cold for at least 20 minutes, maybe, but it might damage it to stick it into the freezer. Maybe the fridge? I'm not clear about what temperature is ideal. I imagine that he knows.

Smile

Lillea

Linz
(no login)
Temperature
January 17 2007, 3:34 PM

HI everyone,

Does anyone have any idea what temperature the heat should be? What would be the maximum?

Appreciate you help - thanks.

Denide
(no login)
Temperature
January 17 2007, 11:26 PM

The pad I have reaches temperature 82 °C (180 °F) and can be dangerous if left on too long. Previously someone here mentioned something about 115 °F being desirable.

You can buy it from here as well: https://www.cascadehealthcaresolutions.c...e-s/23.htm

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon