Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

NBE after hysterectomy

Hello all,

I'm new here and am hoping for some advice.
Fourteen years ago at the age of 24, I had an abdominal hysterectomy with a unilateral oophorectomy (I have one ovary left). My physician at the time didn't feel that HRT was necessary, and to be honest I'm not a fan of putting synthetic materials in my body. I'm likely starting on the downward slope towards menopause at this point simply due to my one remaining ovary.

Fast forward to today, I've noticed my breasts are certainly shrinking, and they definitely aren't as perky and/or full as they once were. While I don't necessarily want to increase too dramatically in size, I would like them to not look like sad flat pancakes either.

From what I'm reading it's likely a progesterone problem, but before I try and start a program, I'd love some advice from anyone that is in the same and/or similar situation, as well as any guidance anyone could give me on where to start.

Thanks in advance,
JustMe

Maybe have a followup with the Doctor or Surgeon. My question is do you have a hormone imbalance? As a woman with real health issues, you probably can get real hormone therapy at the cost of a drug co-pay. But you may have issues a Doctor needs to diagnose. If the HRT is not going to be an option then maybe NBE. But I fear you have an issue to look at first before that.

(10-02-2016, 09:24 PM)iam72hrstv Wrote:  Maybe have a followup with the Doctor or Surgeon. My question is do you have a hormone imbalance? As a woman with real health issues, you probably can get real hormone therapy at the cost of a drug co-pay. But you may have issues a Doctor needs to diagnose. If the HRT is not going to be an option then maybe NBE. But I fear you have an issue to look at first before that.

I had my hormones checked less than 6 months ago, and my physician came back and said my progesterone was slightly low, but not yet low enough to necessitate HRT, and like I said, I'm not a fan of putting synthetic substances in my body. Given that, any recommendations?

Thank you for the feedback though, it's much appreciated!

So your starting meno?
Which means hormones are going to be fluctuating like crazy, be hard to test at this stAge, estrogen but progesterone might be different. But yeh that's the first port of call to consult someone re getting them tested and whether blood or saliva is the better route.
I suspect if you tell Drs you are starting meno they will throw you on hrt , I believe THEY believe women loose estrogen when starting meno and don't address progesterone nor the fact estro will be going up and down in the early years. But sorry you probably know all this and more.
Until. You address your hormone test you can always go through the breast pump/massage section on here , that gets you started till you figure the other stuff out

Thanks all for the advice, I've not started meno yet (I hope). I'm going to go see my Dr and get my hormones checked again, but after reading a ton over the last few days, I've got a feeling I've been estrogen dominant for a number of years. I've been treating individual symptoms since my surgery, not realizing they are likely all tied together.

I've had psoriasis, developed sudden food allergies, have been taking vitamin d because I was losing hair on my head and attributed it to lack of sun, night sweats, not sleeping well at night (I can wake up at the slightest sound, not something that happened pre surgery), and the list goes on.

For now, I did pick up some 500mg of maca, and will start at 1 pill daily starting today, and ordered some pc that I will use for massage.

(19-02-2016, 01:07 PM)JustMe1978 Wrote:  Thanks all for the advice, I've not started meno yet (I hope). I'm going to go see my Dr and get my hormones checked again, but after reading a ton over the last few days, I've got a feeling I've been estrogen dominant for a number of years. I've been treating individual symptoms since my surgery, not realizing they are likely all tied together.

I've had psoriasis, developed sudden food allergies, have been taking vitamin d because I was losing hair on my head and attributed it to lack of sun, night sweats, not sleeping well at night (I can wake up at the slightest sound, not something that happened pre surgery), and the list goes on.

For now, I did pick up some 500mg of maca, and will start at 1 pill daily starting today, and ordered some pc that I will use for massage.
Funny you say that.. I think estrogen Dom and even thyroid disorders can mimick menopause... You might be onto something

(19-02-2016, 07:23 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(19-02-2016, 01:07 PM)JustMe1978 Wrote:  Thanks all for the advice, I've not started meno yet (I hope). I'm going to go see my Dr and get my hormones checked again, but after reading a ton over the last few days, I've got a feeling I've been estrogen dominant for a number of years. I've been treating individual symptoms since my surgery, not realizing they are likely all tied together.

Funny you say that.. I think estrogen Dom and even thyroid disorders can mimick menopause... You might be onto something
Thanks Ella! I think I might be onto something as well. At the time of my hysterectomy the surgeon said if i could go 10 years without hrt he would be happy, I'm 14 years post-op this year, but I really don't want to take synthetic things.. I'm not going to worry too much about the girls being perkier/fuller at this point, and focus more on getting my hormones re-aligned.

(19-02-2016, 08:00 PM)JustMe1978 Wrote:  
(19-02-2016, 07:23 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  

Thanks Ella! I think I might be onto something as well. At the time of my hysterectomy the surgeon said if i could go 10 years without hrt he would be happy, I'm 14 years post-op this year, but I really don't want to take synthetic things.. I'm not going to worry too much about the girls being perkier/fuller at this point, and focus more on getting my hormones re-aligned.

No Thank YOU!
I was taking aguaje which is a strong photo E but if you are right all my recent symptoms might very well be e Dom too. I'm going to not take it until later after I next check my hormones.
Besides we can massage our boobs for more fullness in the meantime

So I wanted to come back and give an update. I went to my Dr and had my hormones checked.

Considering my history things aren't awful, but my testosterone is elevated, my progesterone is low, my estradiol is exactly where it should be. He also checked my thyroid, kidney and liver functions, and all are normal.

I did tell him prior that I'd been taking the maca, and he said I could continue to take it, and said if I wanted to find something else herb wise to lower testosterone while i continue to lose weight that would be okay.

I'm also going to continue to use the progesterone cream for massage.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon