Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Stephie's so-called "Brava" program

CURRENT BRAVA USERS:
Specifically people who bought their system directly from Brava. I know Brava will only sell replacement domes to people who already bought a system through them. I'm hoping to pay someone to buy a new pair and send them to me. Unless, of course someone has a used pair to sell. I haven't been able to find any (other than the $500 pair on ebay that I mentioned before). I'm not sure how much new Brava domes cost and I'd have to figure out if the shipping from your country to mine is reasonable. Unless it's possible to order from Brava and have it sent to an adress other than your own.

Assuming I ever find some domes to buy, what size should I get? Is there any advantage to getting the "correct" depth for my current size? Or should I start with the deepest domes I can find, to avoid buying new ones for as long as possible, unless they break, of course.

I believe it is more important to get the correct width, and you should get the widest you can gain suction with. So what is you under bust (rib cage) measurement? i am not clear on what you have been using, but a little wider than what you are currently using. That said I have read about some users of the XL going back to the slightly smaller CL and stating that they felt they got faster progress (and then moving back up later). I also think that if you buy too large and then buy a smaller size it is not a wasted expense because you will move up to the larger size later.
Edit: I was referring to Noogleberry domes.

James, that sounds reasonable. I was thinking the same thing. Brava domes only come "narrow" and "wide" widths, with small, medium, and large depths. I'm not sure if they still sell the extra large depth. As far as I can tell, "wide" is really just average width ribcages, and narrow is for very petite women. I wish someone would post the exact width of the domes. I hope there isn't a growth advantage to wearing shallower domes, since I'll probably buy the deepest domes I can. Btw, last I checked my underbust was 29 inches.

In terms of Noogleberry, a medium would be the smallest for a woman starting out with A/B breasts and 29" under measurement. As you are looking for Brava domes it sounds like the larger set has exactly the same diameter for all 3 sizes (unlike Noogleberry systems) so I would concur that you should just get the largest. I imagine the smaller sizes would be for women who did not want to grow to the larger sizes and a smaller dome would be easier to wear (less weight).

Since you are looking for a cheaper solution how about using Noogleberry domes with thick padding see: http://www.noogleberry.com/forum/index.p...919.0.html
You will find several variants there including mine at the last page (you have to sign in to see some pictures like mine). If you were to go this route you would want the XL or maybe even larger domes. Generally it would be difficult to wear two XLs with this padding and if you went for the XXL then you would only be able to use one at a time. If you did use 2 XLs it might be necessary to trim away some of the padding where they meet in the center of your chest.

James, I was thinking of going with the pipe insulation padding, but only as a last resort if I can't get the Brava domes. I really need to do everything possible to avoid permanent scars or indentations.

I bought all the parts I need for my fake Brava system. Now I just have to wait for the pump to arrive.

For the cups I'll be using large kanghzu cups padded with pipe insulation and silicone caulk. I also bought an electric pump that works just like a Brava pump (very low even pressure).

I've been playing around with the kanghzu cups using my ancient NB tubing and pump, but the "nips" on the kanghzu cups are so huge that they keep ripping the NB tubing. With a little heat and a lot of coaxing I can get the tubing to fit, but it tore after 2 sessions, so I cut off the torn portion and reattached the tube, but after one more session, it's already starting to rip again. I think I might have to get different tubing but I have no idea what size to get. My electric pump was designed for the thinner noogleberry tubing, so I might need some kind of adapter... Blughhh

Hi Stephie,

You are very resourceful in assembling an imitation Brava. I'm also looking to put together a brava substitute as their sales office seems to be closed and there are limited systems being sold on eBay. Could you please share the links to the various components and the electric pump you bought?

Thanks very much and hope you get it to work soon!

Why not just use a Noogleberry? Or buy the Noogleberry system and then incorporate an automated air pump you'd have to source yourself?

If the point of imitating Brava is the one thing Brava has that NB doesn't, then you'd have to figure out how to incorporate such a pump anyways.

Personally, I own a Noogleberry and personally find the fact I can slightly overpump with the manual hand-pump to be very useful in first getting started. Overpump, relax it slightly, pump back up as the pressure eases off.

It'd be cool if I could find an automated pump that I can change the psi on the fly though, to get that initial overpump.

To adapt to the different sizes, you need both sizes of plastic (silicon) tubing and a barbed pipe adapter. I couldn't find a single piece, but this pair screwed together from Home Depot would do the trick. You will need a bit of teflon plumbing tape to put around the thread to make a proper seal.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon