Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What did our elders eat?

(25-11-2015, 06:42 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(25-11-2015, 11:08 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  Elderberries, of course!!

The actual berries? I know you can buy sambuccas which is elderberry liquid to boost immune
I guess so. I've never seen any, I guess they're all wrinkled and grey, being ELDERberries, but I've heard of people making pie out of them and Elton John's got a song called, "Elderberry Wine".

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries!!" Remember that line?

(25-11-2015, 08:40 PM)WantAPair Wrote:  

The actual berries? I know you can buy sambuccas which is elderberry liquid to boost immune
I guess so. I've never seen any, I guess they're all wrinkled and grey, being ELDERberries, but I've heard of people making pie out of them and Elton John's got a song called, "Elderberry Wine".

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries!!" Remember that line?

Lol you beat me to it :p
That was from Monty Python

(25-11-2015, 11:32 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  

You win the booby prize!!

(26-11-2015, 01:56 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  

Ohhhhhh shit now I get it!! Elder berries..... Doh..

(26-11-2015, 02:59 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(25-11-2015, 06:42 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  The actual berries? I know you can buy sambuccas which is elderberry liquid to boost immune

Thats ok...your blonde :p .....delayed reaction Big Grin ::runs to safety::

(26-11-2015, 05:58 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  
(25-11-2015, 08:40 PM)WantAPair Wrote:  I guess so. I've never seen any, I guess they're all wrinkled and grey, being ELDERberries, but I've heard of people making pie out of them and Elton John's got a song called, "Elderberry Wine".

Nah it's all good .. And true....Rolleyes can't believe it took that long ha ha

(26-11-2015, 07:26 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(26-11-2015, 05:58 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  
(25-11-2015, 11:32 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  Lol you beat me to it :p

Nah it's all good .. And true....Rolleyes can't believe it took that long ha ha
LMAO!!
EVERYBODY TAKE COVER!!! THERE'S A BLONDE LOOSE!!!!!
(Well? Would you have rather I said there's a loose blonde?)

On the contrary, a tailored diet can make up for certain deficiencies. For instance, to combat the weakening of the bones, consuming more calcium is essential, in the form of dairy products (yogurt, milk, cheese, etc.) or mineral water with high calcium content (over 150 milligrams per liter). To take care of intestines that have become weaker over time, a diet rich in fiber should be followed (fruits, legumes, grains). It's also a good idea to cook fruits and vegetables so they are easier to digest, and to drink plenty of water. Staying on the theme of nutrition, the fight against cholesterol requires reducing fat, contained in products such as butter, fried foods, pastries, and deli meats, for example. Eating fish is encouraged for its positive effects on the cardiovascular system as well as on the memory! This is because of the essential Omega-3 fatty acids it contains. In addition to exercising your memory every day through activities such as reading or board games, it's also recommended to have lots of vitamin B to keep the mind alert. It can be found in vegetables, grains, organ meats, egg yolks, and brewer's yeast.

(03-11-2017, 09:54 AM)timjn Wrote:  On the contrary, a tailored diet can make up for certain deficiencies. For instance, to combat the weakening of the bones, consuming more calcium is essential, in the form of dairy products (yogurt, milk, cheese, etc.) or mineral water with high calcium content (over 150 milligrams per liter). To take care of intestines that have become weaker over time, a diet rich in fiber should be followed (fruits, legumes, grains). It's also a good idea to cook fruits and vegetables so they are easier to digest, and to drink plenty of water. Staying on the theme of nutrition, the fight against cholesterol requires reducing fat, contained in products such as butter, fried foods, pastries, and deli meats, for example. Eating fish is encouraged for its positive effects on the cardiovascular system as well as on the memory! This is because of the essential Omega-3 fatty acids it contains. In addition to exercising your memory every day through activities such as reading or board games, it's also recommended to have lots of vitamin B to keep the mind alert. It can be found in vegetables, grains, organ meats, egg yolks, and brewer's yeast.

I need to increase calcium. I've learned processing of dAiry kills off the enzymes that allow us to utilize the calcium and raw dairy is now banned. I've even heard dairy can leach calcium now again all due to processing. I have in fact found a legitimate source of raw milk, still some what fearful of it but that's due to scaremongering from the people who got it banned! 
If you know of a pasteurised source of dairy that gives calcium I'd like to know. 
Good idea re brewers yeast. I need B vits. We all do for hormones so il have some in my breakkie today.

(03-11-2017, 07:29 PM)EllaC Wrote:  
(03-11-2017, 09:54 AM)timjn Wrote:  On the contrary, a tailored diet can make up for certain deficiencies. For instance, to combat the weakening of the bones, consuming more calcium is essential, in the form of dairy products (yogurt, milk, cheese, etc.) or mineral water with high calcium content (over 150 milligrams per liter). To take care of intestines that have become weaker over time, a diet rich in fiber should be followed (fruits, legumes, grains). It's also a good idea to cook fruits and vegetables so they are easier to digest, and to drink plenty of water. Staying on the theme of nutrition, the fight against cholesterol requires reducing fat, contained in products such as butter, fried foods, pastries, and deli meats, for example. Eating fish is encouraged for its positive effects on the cardiovascular system as well as on the memory care! This is because of the essential Omega-3 fatty acids it contains. In addition to exercising your memory every day through activities such as reading or board games, it's also recommended to have lots of vitamin B to keep the mind alert. It can be found in vegetables, grains, organ meats, egg yolks, and brewer's yeast.

I need to increase calcium. I've learned processing of dAiry kills off the enzymes that allow us to utilize the calcium and raw dairy is now banned. I've even heard dairy can leach calcium now again all due to processing. I have in fact found a legitimate source of raw milk, still some what fearful of it but that's due to scaremongering from the people who got it banned! 
If you know of a pasteurised source of dairy that gives calcium I'd like to know. 
Good idea re brewers yeast. I need B vits. We all do for hormones so il have some in my breakkie today.
I agree!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon