Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What did our elders eat?

Bug 

First off I know.. I need to stop using the bloody Internet. I used to see it as a useful tool but now I see it as fuel to an unnecessary fire causing all sorts of confusion and debates.
As yet ANOTHER food article hits our headlines " roast potatoes and burnt toast cause cancer" hot off the heels of red meat and processed meats cause cancer, oils cause cancer, milk causes cancer, dairy-cheese-chicken-sugar-alcohol. Bovine lukeamia in meat. Supplements prevent disease. No wait now they CAUSE disease..

So thus raising the question because our elders seem to be in much better health than we are today? They didn't suffer from high rates of cancer, they didnt have gluten intolerances and leaky gut, low stomach acid, parasites and insulin issues like we all seem to today.

I mean quite frankly I'm leaning towards common sense, and meat and 3 veg for tea? Isn't that what it's supposed to be?... Cook in lard, eat butter over margarine. I understand eat meat esp red in moderation pref organic..

If I am wrong then correct me please but my question remains..

"historically What did your grandparents eat??"

Thank you. [/b]

Mostly milk,meat,creamy butter to cook in,potatoes,cold-weather vegetables, bread with cheese, meat or eggs,fruits,porridge,they drunk licor(alcohol), none to barely soda, no sugary candies except licorice, homemade pies,nuts,tea.,milky desserts..
And about the meat causing cancer...back then meat didnt caused cancer..so I wonder why does it now? would it be cause the animals are gmo fed? I think so..and this conclusion would make vegetables, bread/grains almostly anything cancerous..
And last but not least..yesterday i saw that theres work in progress I saw a meat factory that fed its cows on dried algue,very healthy it seems..And guess what..it probably want defeat cancer, cause its not that simple to just blame one food category I think.
What about sugars,cosmetics,vaccins,pesticides,car+factory exhaust,WIFI..Sad

(15-11-2015, 01:03 PM)hannah Wrote:  Mostly milk,meat,creamy butter to cook in,potatoes,cold-weather vegetables, bread with cheese, meat or eggs,fruits,porridge,they drunk licor(alcohol), none to barely soda, no sugary candies except licorice, homemade pies,nuts,tea.,milky desserts..
And about the meat causing cancer...back then meat didnt caused cancer..so I wonder why does it now? would it be cause the animals are gmo fed? I think so..and this conclusion would make vegetables, bread/grains almostly anything cancerous..
And last but not least..yesterday i saw that theres work in progress I saw a meat factory that fed its cows on dried algue,very healthy it seems..And guess what..it probably want defeat cancer, cause its not that simple to just blame one food category I think.
What about sugars,cosmetics,vaccins,pesticides,car+factory exhaust,WIFI..Sad

Yes Hannah that last line I think sums a lot up too Sad

I read that Japanese men who regularly smoke have much lower C rates than Americans , largely because their diet is so much better their body handles the toxins effectively where as others on bad diets succumb to the toxins.

Yeh your right though about meat, gmo, antibiotics, pesticides . So I wonder if we ate solely limited red meat purely organic it would be enough.. But you'd have to follow suit with ALL dairy etc too being organic.

What I hate about wifi is that you cannot escape it. My poor kid sits in it all day long at school. Some of the students take their iPads out to the fields and use wifi meters away from the classrooms. That's how strong the signals are Angry

Envirornment, and especially processed foods,sugars, additives,dyes, etc.

Canned foods contain higher amounts of BPA than water bottles, leaching into
The food. Cooking/freezing with plastics release carcinogen dioxin into foods.

Chemicals used to clean laundy, clean house absorbed through skin..
The list goes on.

Mainly...the technological 'advances' we have made have made us more susceptible to the cancr causing agents around us...

Not to mention that our ancestors lived in an era that 'may' have been a little less stressful than today's standards...

Stress encourages release of cortisol, adrenaline. Stress also decreases ability to fight illness.

Today's dietary consumption for some is light on home cooking ( where one can control what goes into what you are eating) and heavily on take-out/take away foods, high in sodium, additives as well as empty carbs and sugars.

Pre-McDonalds was an era of slow home cooked meals made from scratch. No frozen dinners, mothers were stay at home, didnt have to go to work out of necessecity to make ends meet.

With the changing times, people change.

(16-11-2015, 01:51 AM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  Not to mention that our ancestors lived in an era that 'may' have been a little less stressful than today's standards...

Stress encourages release of cortisol, adrenaline. Stress also decreases ability to fight illness.

Today's dietary consumption for some is light on home cooking ( where one can control what goes into what you are eating) and heavily on take-out/take away foods, high in sodium, additives as well as empty carbs and sugars.

Pre-McDonalds was an era of slow home cooked meals made from scratch. No frozen dinners, mothers were stay at home, didnt have to go to work out of necessecity to make ends meet.

Your very right Tanya, sadly so Sad
You try to protect your family from convenience foods but it's ingrained into everything, TV, billboards, peers, sometimes it's just too hard.

(16-11-2015, 03:56 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(16-11-2015, 01:51 AM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  Not to mention that our ancestors lived in an era that 'may' have been a little less stressful than today's standards...

Your very right Tanya, sadly so Sad
You try to protect your family from convenience foods but it's ingrained into everything, TV, billboards, peers, sometimes it's just too hard.

Lol, thats why people move to the middle of nowhere... no temptation :p

Eat what your heart desires in MODERATION. <3 POM

Elderberries, of course!!

(25-11-2015, 11:08 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  Elderberries, of course!!

The actual berries? I know you can buy sambuccas which is elderberry liquid to boost immune

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon