Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Searching

Hi.

Firstly, may I say what an wonderful resource this website is! The amount of time and effort (and I daresay heartache) that has been freely given is amazing!

There is SO much information here, which is a blessing, but dare I say it, also a curse? And trying to find specific information can be difficult sometimes. For example, entering a word into Search does find all incidences of that word. Good thing. But it then only shows the thread that the word occurs in and you have to go through the entire thread in the hope you notice the highlighted word. Which with the longer threads can almost become unworkable.

I was wondering if there was any way to get the search to take you to where the word has been found? Or at least the page?

I realise that sometimes something that appears simple can actually be anything but simple, and unfortunately my own knowledge is such that I cannot offer to help (if it has an engine or can be hit with a hammer I am there!). But perhaps someone klever may be able to come up with a neat way of helping us find that golden nugget we are searching for in amongst the forest of goodies that has been created here?

Huggy.

(16-07-2015, 05:27 PM)Huggy Wrote:  Hi.

Firstly, may I say what an wonderful resource this website is! The amount of time and effort (and I daresay heartache) that has been freely given is amazing!

There is SO much information here, which is a blessing, but dare I say it, also a curse? And trying to find specific information can be difficult sometimes. For example, entering a word into Search does find all incidences of that word. Good thing. But it then only shows the thread that the word occurs in and you have to go through the entire thread in the hope you notice the highlighted word. Which with the longer threads can almost become unworkable.

I was wondering if there was any way to get the search to take you to where the word has been found? Or at least the page?

I realise that sometimes something that appears simple can actually be anything but simple, and unfortunately my own knowledge is such that I cannot offer to help (if it has an engine or can be hit with a hammer I am there!). But perhaps someone klever may be able to come up with a neat way of helping us find that golden nugget we are searching for in amongst the forest of goodies that has been created here?

Huggy.

Hi Huggy,

The solution is located at the bottom right of each post. It's a box with the wording (Enter Keywords). After you completed a general search it brings up all threads pertaining to the query, simply enter the same query in the Keyword search box and it will bring up every post of that term of the entire thread.

Smile

(16-07-2015, 05:27 PM)Huggy Wrote:  perhaps someone klever may be able to come up with a neat way of helping us find that golden nugget we are searching for in amongst the forest of goodies that has been created here?

The search function works that way already. You just need to search for posts instead of threads.

Thank you Lotus and Eve for your helping out a thickie. You are both lovely as ever :-)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon