Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Problems with Site

It seems that the problems with aggressive advertising are continuing even though the administrator has been trying to fix them. For some of us this has made the site extremely difficult to use and at times impossible. Until the problem gets fixed, I can suggest a remedy.

For those using a laptop or desktop pc or mac - download AdBlock plus as an ad-on to your browser. IE, firefox, chrome, opera etc. and even safari. This will knock out all of the ads even the tolerable ones from Amazon. Go To:

https://adblockplus.org

For those using an android or iOS device there is also a solution. For android devices you can download Adblock plus for android. Go to:

https://adblockplus.org/android-install

Adblock plus says they are coming out with a version for iOS in the future.

For those using iOS such as an iPhone or iPad you can go to the app store and download a new browser - the AdBlock browser that will kill the ads. There is a short free trial period but after that you will have to purchase the pro version.

A better alternative, in my opinion, is the use of speed me up. It's free and and will take care of all the ads. It's what I am using on my iPad. It can also be used on android devices. For instructions go to.

http://diag.speedmeup.net/

No download is involved. Follow the instructions to just define a proxy server in your list of wi-fi networks. The site says that this will speed up your browsing in general. By the way this only works with wi-fi.

Good luck.

(15-07-2015, 11:35 PM)Eve M Wrote:  
(15-07-2015, 04:18 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Perhaps we could have a tiered level of accounts? For instance, a free account means having ads on BN, a standard paid account for x amount of money per year gets you an ad-free BN, while a deluxe account also gets some other perks such as a larger inbox for private messages, a larger avatar or something else?

Thanks for your idea. It's certainly something to think about.

flamesabers, this is actually great idea for those willing to upgrade. A standard account would be what we all use currently. Upgrading for more pm space is great for those who converse regularly. I'd also like to see a chat room, more smileys Big Grin or imogies and few other perks. Solving current issues using "any" device would still be a priority for all. The feedback we're getting here is an invaluable service and with some great ideas. Smile

Thanks.

(16-07-2015, 02:40 AM)AlexisM Wrote:  Until the problem gets fixed, I can suggest a remedy.

It may be much easier to simply choose another theme in your UCP. Only the default theme has ads, so choosing another will automatically give you an ad free forum.

FINALLY, it looks like all the ads are gone!!

Oops!! Spoke too soon!! :-/

(15-07-2015, 01:49 PM)Eve M Wrote:  I haven't been able to resolve yet what the harmful programs are supposed to be. It might be the Amazon links causing that message, according to some people anyway, but it's hard to know for sure. Be assured that I'm working on the problem as best I can and am trying to find a solution.

Don't know if it helps, but here's the more detailed info:
Quote:Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.breastnexus.com

What is the current listing status for www.breastnexus.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 825 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 221 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2015-07-17, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2015-07-16.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS20454 (SSASN2).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.breastnexus.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

What ever you folks did it's working great today

(20-07-2015, 11:34 PM)small A Wrote:  What ever you folks did it's working great today

Are you talking about the ads or the warning message from google? I'm not seeing any ads but I see get the warning message whenever I try to go to BN.

(20-07-2015, 11:46 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(20-07-2015, 11:34 PM)small A Wrote:  What ever you folks did it's working great today

Are you talking about the ads or the warning message from google? I'm not seeing any ads but I see get the warning message whenever I try to go to BN.

I don't get any problems on my iPad which I was getting before

I'm talking about the red warning message which says something about the safety of the website and malware or cybercriminals. It's there everyday..Sad
Anybody knows when it will be fixed? I hope it can be fixed, because I can only surf on BN using the previous button constantly. And not beeing able to click on a user or anything.. Thats ashameSad

I never see this message when visiting the forum, so I'm guessing it only affects those using the chrome browser?

Anyway I've asked google to take the message off, as it's giving people false information, but it's hard to say when google might get around to doing it or even if they'll do it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon