Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Soli's Program

MSM definitely has its advantages, but it is also an anti-duretic (reduces swelling). I believe there is some optimal amount beyond which you will get negative effects. I read about a woman who took massive doses, and was so discouraged that she gave up NBE altogether. So if you start seeing negative effects, think about reducing MSM.

(19-03-2015, 04:51 PM)Soledad46 Wrote:  Hi Lily!

I order the BO direct from Swanson's website, here: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-p...mg-60-caps. I am in the US, so the shipping is typically inexpensive and quick. If you are outside the US, I believe some folks order it from Amazon for better shipping deals.

I found out I was somewhat estrogen dominant, so adding a little progesterone cream during my luteal phase helps keep me balanced. I think most folks try to incorporate various constituents to stay/get in balance, and there are other ways to address a progesterone deficiency, like Vitex (chaste berry) and others. I just happened to have the cream, so I'm using that. Smile

My understanding is that BO itself isn't inherently unbalancing, as it addresses the gland as a whole. However, if you start off with an imbalance, it won't really rebalance the system. So adding the PC is my way to keep things relatively even.

Hope that helps!

Xo, Soli

Are there other ways to counteract estrogen dominance

(19-03-2015, 06:58 PM)James98 Wrote:  MSM definitely has its advantages, but it is also an anti-duretic (reduces swelling). I believe there is some optimal amount beyond which you will get negative effects. I read about a woman who took massive doses, and was so discouraged that she gave up NBE altogether. So if you start seeing negative effects, think about reducing MSM.

James, I'll definitely keep that in mind! At the moment I'm taking 2000 mg/day, which sounds like a lot, but the recommended dosage on the bottle is 3000-5000 mg/day. I started out low so I could gauge the results, and hadn't read anywhere that MSM could actually hinder the process.

Thanks for the heads up!

Xo, Soli

(19-03-2015, 07:15 PM)Beautywithboobs Wrote:  
(19-03-2015, 04:51 PM)Soledad46 Wrote:  Hi Lily!

I order the BO direct from Swanson's website, here: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-p...mg-60-caps. I am in the US, so the shipping is typically inexpensive and quick. If you are outside the US, I believe some folks order it from Amazon for better shipping deals.

I found out I was somewhat estrogen dominant, so adding a little progesterone cream during my luteal phase helps keep me balanced. I think most folks try to incorporate various constituents to stay/get in balance, and there are other ways to address a progesterone deficiency, like Vitex (chaste berry) and others. I just happened to have the cream, so I'm using that. Smile

My understanding is that BO itself isn't inherently unbalancing, as it addresses the gland as a whole. However, if you start off with an imbalance, it won't really rebalance the system. So adding the PC is my way to keep things relatively even.

Hope that helps!

Xo, Soli

Are there other ways to counteract estrogen dominance

Hi BWB!

Here's a whole thread on it! http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=16806&highlight=Estrogen+dominance

Smile

Xo, Soli

Thanks for the quick response soli. Un reply definitely helped. I'm in Canada I think shipping here should be a big deal from US.
Thanks

(19-03-2015, 07:57 PM)Lilylittle Wrote:  Thanks for the quick response soli. Un reply definitely helped. I'm in Canada I think shipping here should be a big deal from US.
Thanks

I just went to the website and looked at the shipping cost to Canada, which was $9.99 via Landmark. I input for both a single bottle and then 10 bottles, and the price was the same so I don't think weight matters. I also used two different cities, Toronto and Saskatoon (knowing very little about Canada, that's the best I could do on the fly) and the price remained unchanged, so it seems like a fixed rate. So the shipping isn't the worst, IMO. But as far as service goes, I can't comment on Landmark's reliability as I have absolutely no experience with them.

I know others have, though, so maybe use Landmark as a search term?

Xo, Soli

Oh k thanks alot soledad. I know u r not having pituitary glands with u r BO bit I think I've seen that in people's program. Just wondering if u know y people take that. I want to order my BO as soon as possible just trying to fund out what else I need to order along with that to start my program.

(26-02-2015, 02:43 AM)Soledad46 Wrote:  So here is my tentative program, begun 2/15/15, super simple at the beginning, adding things as I go.

Maca - 500 mg/day, morning
Swanson's BO - 750 mg/day, 1 cap per meal
PC - tiny dab days 13-26 of my cycle

I also take fermented CLO, green drink and Vit C for general health.
I'll also be adding in protein shakes to up my total protein.
I massage, mostly when I remember throughout the day, but I'd like to get more formal about it, using coconut oil, and trying out cinnamon extract as a stimulator.
I also have listened to Blaketalks, but need to get more regular about it.
I have a noogleberry, but I can't get to it for a few months, so I'll add that on down the line.

Thinking of adding in:
MSM
Goat's rue - 1 cup of tea or low tincture dosage
T receptor pathway blocker - SP, maybe red reishi down the line

Is there anything I'm missing?

Xo, Soli

What brand do u use for PC thanks

(20-03-2015, 04:52 PM)Lilylittle Wrote:  Oh k thanks alot soledad. I know u r not having pituitary glands with u r BO bit I think I've seen that in people's program. Just wondering if u know y people take that. I want to order my BO as soon as possible just trying to fund out what else I need to order along with that to start my program.

Hi Lily!

I found this in the archives:

"The purpose of the pituitary glandular is to increase growth hormone, which is converted to IGF (insulin like growth factor) in the liver. Which is another reason that it's important to do liver cleanses.
There are other ways of increasing growth hormone, my particular favorite being through the addition of l'arginine before bedtime."

So, for growth hormone production.

I also read that in terms of contracting BSE, the raw pituitary is much riskier than the BO, so even though I trust the Swanson's labeling, I'm happy finding other methods to boost GH if I feel I need to down the line.

HTH!

Xo, Soli

(20-03-2015, 06:01 PM)Beautywithboobs Wrote:  What brand do u use for PC thanks

Hi BwB!

I use Natural Radiance and I'm pretty sure I found it on Amazon.

Xo, Soli

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon