Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Quitting is never an option!

Heart 

As a few of you may know, I've struggled many MANY times to achieve some sort of gain using NBE. During my last attempt, I decided to focus on gaining weight (refer to my rant thread!) instead of making breast gains a priority. I struggled with gaining (and keeping!) a mere five pounds on my body. I figured it was due to fast metabolism and genetics. The small number on the scale and protruding bones were my constant enemies and I was determined to beat them.

Recently however, I developed some serious stomach ulcers and had to be taken to the ER. It was then that after further blood tests and other exams that I was told of my existing condition of Cystic Fibrosis. When I heard that, I felt defeated.

For those of you unaware of CF, its a condition people are born with. It affects various parts of the body. In my case, it's damaging my lungs and my pancreas. My body is unable to absorb the needed nutrients to maintain a healthy body weight. I have to consume 4,000 calories A DAY just to stay at 83 lbs. In order to reach my goal weight of 110 lbs. my diet must consist of 5-6,000 calories a day. It's exhausting, expensive, and frustrating. I feel like I'm a hamster on a wheel. I'm working so hard, but I'm not going anywhere!

This diagnosis was given to me in mid November. I've finally come to terms with my situation and this is my first time actually acknowledging it. I don't know any of you, but speaking about it here has lifted an immense weight off my shoulders. Now that I'm done ignoring my CF, I'm ready to deal with it.

That's a good attitude to have. I looked at this page PubMed Health: Cystic Fibrosis, because I'm unfamiliar with CF. It does mention how CF makes it harder to gain weight. I'm curious, how physically active are you? Walking around, playing sports or exercising for many hours and over-training also causes high calorie demands like that. Rest, and eating, even a snack, immediately when you get hungry helps. Good luck with your condition.

Do they have you on pancreatic enzyme supplements?

Thanks Lovely11! Before I was diagnosed, I was doing yoga, basketball, and Brazilian jiu jitsu. I thought I had severe asthma (as I was told that at age 7) so I would take my activities lightly. As it turns out, it wasn't asthma but the CF causing excess mucus and I wasn't absorbing the proper oxygen levels. My levels are at 80 without oxygen assistance so my active lifestyle has definitely come to a halt! Thanks for the well wishes! Smile

Candace, my doctor mentioned pancreatic enzymes but he said my insulin levels are doing well so he doesn't really want to mess with my pancreas just yet. I have a follow up on February so hopefully then we can start them.

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems but glad that you've finally gotten a proper diagnosis.

Good luck with your health and your goals!

Wow you really are a fighter to consume so much calories right now after beeing defeated from not gaining. It sounds like you are a superwoman. I hope the doctor treatments work out for you. I am trying to gain weight for about 1 year now and I'm feeling so tired because the end result is that I only gained 2 kgs and still have to fight to hold that on there. Sometimes I gained more but immediatly lost it as well so i know a bit about the struggle you are going through. My biggest focus is food as well for NBE, i think we are ringing on the right door with that so keep up the good work and the doors will open for us!Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon