Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

B.i.G.G (Breast Information Growing Guide Lv.2)

Attaching information here that was located on Breastnexum.

(22-02-2015, 07:46 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Gynecological Herbs

introduction:
Traditionally, a large number of different herbs have been used to affect different aspects of the activity of the female reproductive tract. Historically, there is a legacy of confusion and little agreement even among contemporary authorities about the precise meaning of different designations and classifications of herbs used in gynecology. For a review of author discrepancies see The Phytoestrogen Debate by Peggy Wilbur, and for a historical review of herbs used in gynecological conditions see A Comparative Review of Eclectic Female Regulators by Francis Brinker. Endocrine-like activities of herbs used for gynecological purposes do not necessarily correspond with traditional terminology which is therefore reviewed briefly below. Better general surveys of herbs used gynecologically in modern herbal therapeutics may be found in books by herbalists Amanda McQuade-Crawford and Ruth Trickey.

From the perspective of drug-herb interactions, herbs with identifiable hormone-like activities on the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis (HPA) are considered in Interactions™, although detailed studies and reports of interactions between pharmaceutical drugs and these agents are not available.
(Brinker F. Brit J Phytotherapy 1997;4,3:123-145; McQuade-Crawford A. 1997; Trickey R. 1998; Wilbur P. Eur J Herbal Med 1996 2.2:20-26, and 1996 2.3:19-26.)

food/herb group affecting drug performance: Oral Contraceptives

mechanism: Phytoestrogenic constituents of foods and medicinal herbs may interact with steroid sex hormone metabolism, and synergize with exogenous steroid hormones in ERT (Estrogen Replacement Therapy), HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy).

herbal concerns: Despite lack of scientific evidence of adverse interactions, prudence suggests that herbs possessing direct endocrinological effects on the female reproductive tract should be avoided during treatment with ERT (Estrogen Replacement Therapy), HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy), or GnRH (Gonadotrophic Releasing Hormone) inhibitors.

herbal support: Cimicifuga racemosa (Black Cohosh) has been used to support withdrawal from HRT and ERT and to adjunctively treat symptoms of menopause.

herbs affecting Hypothalamic-Pituitary Axis (HPA):

phytoestrogens: Phytoestrogens may be defined as plant constituents possessing the ability to mimic the biological effects of beta-estradiol in laboratory tests by their ability to bind to the nuclear estrogen receptor, activate transcriptional response and to promote growth of estrogen dependent MCF7 cells in culture. Phytoestrogenic activity is found among the following five naturally occurring chemical compound groupings which are widely distributed among medicinal and food plants:

• Isoflavonoids (e.g., formononetin, daidzein, genistein, coumestrol, biochanin A)
• Sterols (e.g., beta-sitosterol, stigmasterol)
• Saponins (e.g., diosgenin),
• Lignans (e.g., enterolactone),
• Essential oils (Clary sage, Fennel)

Isoflavonoid phytoestrogenic constituents are nutritionally available in plants from the Fabaceae (bean) family, particularly Glycine max (Soybean). Among medicinal plants, the most important phytoestrogenic plant in common therapeutic use is Cimicifuga racemosa (Black Cohosh).

Comprehensive lists of plants containing phytoestrogenic constituents can be found in various sources such as James Duke's Handbook of Phytochemical Constituents of GRAS Herbs and Other Economical Plants or the related database of the Agricultural Research Service - Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases (http://www.ars-grin.gov/duke/) and the NAPRALERT database.
(Duke JA.1994; Miksicek R. Mol Pharmacol, 44(1):37-43, 1993.)

In clinical practice, it has long been known that phytoestrogenic medicinal herbs often have both estrogenic and anti-estrogenic actions. This variability in action remains to be elucidated in terms of potency of phytoestrogenic constituents, balance of agonistic and antagonistic tendencies and compounds, short and long term effects, as well as the problem of different methodological approaches used to identify estrogenicity. The functional endocrinological status of the consumer/patient adds to this complexity, although this is well understood by clinicians experienced in the use of these agents. For example, Cimicifuga racemosa (Black Cohosh) may be used to help correct estrogen dominance in pre-menopausal women yet supports estrogenic activity in post-menopausal women.

Herbalist David Hoffmann has recently reviewed developments in phytoestrogen research and considers that the FDA's National Center for Toxicological Research has identified the importance and need for further research in clarifying the roles of bioavailable estrogenic substances in three respects: estrogen agonism, estrogen antagonism, and endocrine disruption (particularly disruption of the development of secondary sexual characteristics and the reduction of sperm counts). The toxicology approach emphasizes the role of xenoestrogens rather then phytoestrogens, but nutritional phytoestrogens are included within the broad scope of future research and possible regulation. At present, only general conclusions can be made about the role of phytoestrogens which (after Hoffman D.) could be summarized:

1. A number of diverse plant constituents contribute significantly to human estrogen exposure at dietary levels.
2. Nutritionally available estrogenic substances can have a significant role in estrogen metabolism.
3. Biological activity of phytoestrogens extends beyond simple estrogen receptor activity to effects on cellular differentiation, proliferation, angiogenesis, enzyme inhibition, growth factor action and other effects which constitute protective activity against cancer.
4. Dietary incorporation of isoflavone rich foods may contribute to the reduction of risk of cancer; in particular, the majority of studies on soy isoflavones have confirmed significant anti-cancer effects.

aromatase modifiers:Some flavone and isoflavone constituents can inhibit aromatase. Aromatase is a P450 enzyme that catalyzes the formation of estrogens from androgens in many tissues. The activity is greater for flavone constituents rather than the isoflavone constituents, and while this may account for part of the anti-estrogenic activity of some flavonoid phytoestrogens, other herbs are known to reverse low aromatase activity, the most studied being Paeonia lactiflora (White peony). In vitro studies have shown the aromatase action of Paeonia to be due to the monoterpene glycoside, paeoniflorin.
(Chen S, et al. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 61,3-6:107-115,1997; Takeuchi T, et al. Am J Chin Med 1991;18:73-78.)

See also the following: Nutrients: Flavonoids, Quercitin and Grapefruit Juice

direct pituitary agents: While Cimicifuga racemosa and soy products can influence pituitary action by peripheral modulation of LH and FSH via estrogenic effects, other herbs act directly upon the pituitary to modify prolactin, FSH and LH levels. The best known example is Vitex agnus-castus (Chasteberry). Animal studies have demonstrated Vitex inhibits prolactin levels in vitro and in vivo by binding to dopamine D2 receptors in the pituitary. Human studies have shown increase in progesterone levels in corpus luteum insufficiency during Vitex administration.

oxytocics: Several plant constituents have been shown to have oxytocic activity, notably caulosaponin and caulophyllosaponin from Caulophyllum thalictroides (Blue Cohosh) which is classified as a traditional emmenagogue. Other oxytocic compounds include sparteine in Cytisus scoparius (Scotch Broom), and quinine from Cinchona species.

commentary: Wild Yam and "Natural Progesterone": There has been some confusion concerning products containing Dioscorea villosa (Mexican Wild Yam) that claim to boost endogenous progesterone levels, or to be a form of "natural progesterone". To add to the confusion, some topical preparations actually contain both Dioscorea extract and pharmaceutical progesterone. The following points should be noted:
The natural steroidal compound diosgenin is in fact estrogenic, not progesteronic.
Diosgenin has been used as a starter compound in the laboratory synthesis of progesterone patented by Marker in the late 1940's known as the Marker Degradation Process.
Homologous metabolic pathways do not exist humans, and diosgenin is therefore not a "precursor" for endogenous progesterone synthesis.
(Brinker F. Brit J Phytotherapy 1997;4,3:123-145; Wilbur P. Eur J Herbal Med 1996 2.2:20-26, and 1996 2.3:19-26.)

terminology: herbs directly affecting the uterus:

Uterine Tonics: Herbs that re-establish normal tone of the uterine muscle and improve overall strength of the organ. Examples: Rubus idaeus (Red raspberry leaf), Angelica sinensis (Dong Quai), Chamaelerium luteum (Helonias, False Unicorn root).
Uterine Spasmolytics: Herbs that reduce the rate and amplitude of uterine contractions. Examples: Viburnum opulus (Cramp bark), Viburnum prunifolium (Black Haw), Ligusticum wallichii (Chuang Xiong).
Uterine Emmenagogues: Traditionally defined as herbs that accelerate delayed menses. More accurately, herbs that stimulate uterine contractions and hence may increase expulsive activity of the uterus.These have also been described as abortifacients. Examples: Ruta graveolens (Rue), Artemisia vulgaris (Mugwort), Mentha pulegium (Pennyroyal).
Uterine Astringents: Herbs that have a vasoconstrictive action on the endometrial circulation. Examples: Achillea millefolium (Yarrow), Alchemilla vulgaris (Lady's mantle), Trillium erectum (Beth root), Capsella bursa-pastoris (Shepherd's Purse).

Herbs

Herbs listed in this section are compiled and edited from electronic databases including Professor Norman Farnsworth's NAPRALERT database at University of Chicago, Illinois, and Dr. James Duke's Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases at the Agricultural Research Service. Textual sources include Michael Moore's Herbal/Medical Contraindications and Francis Brinker's Herb Contraindications and Drug Interactions.
(Moore M. 1995; Brinker F. 1998.)

Plant activities may be based upon widely different assay methods, and may be laboratory, in vitro, in vivo, or human studies. Constituent data is not quantified. Estrogenic constituents are very widely distributed and the following lists are limited to more common medicinal and edible plants. For principal herbs in common therapeutic gynecological use see Summary section of this Herb Group in Interactions™.

Herbs with HPA (Hypothalamic-Pituitary Axis) activty: Oxytocic synergists:

• Asclepias asperula (Immortal)
• Capsella bursa-pastoris (Shepherd's Purse)
• Cinchona spp. (Cinchona bark) *
• Claviceps purpurea (Ergot of Rye) *
• Cytisus scoparius (Scotch Broom)
• Gossypium spp.(Cotton root Bark)
• Leonurus cardiaca (Motherwort)
• Myristica fragrans (Nutmeg)
• Petroselinum crispum (Parsely)
• Senecio aureus (Life Root) *
• Stachys betonica (Wood Betony)
• Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice root)
• Paeonia lactiflora (Peony)
• Rehmannia glutinosa (Chinese Foxglove)
• Vitex agnus-castus (Chasteberry)
• Chinese herbal formula: Rehmannia Eight
• Chinese herbal formula: Paeonia and Glycyrrhiza

Herbs with HPA (Hypothalamic-Pituitary Axis) activity: FSH/LH modifiers:

• Cimicifuga racemosa (Black Cohosh)
• Tripterygium wilfordii (Lei Gong Teng) *

Herbs with HPA (Hypothalamic-Pituitary Axis) activity: Progestagenics:

• Alchemilla vulgaris (Ladie's mantle)
• Angelica sinensis (Dong Quai)
• Areca catechu (Betel nut)
• Ceanothus americanus (Red Root)

Chinese herbal formula: including:

• Astragalus membranaceus (Astragalus)
• Gardenia jasminoides (Zhi zi)
• Leonurus heterophyllus (Chinese Motherwort)
• Panax notoginseng (Pseudoginseng)
• Rubia cordifolia (Madder)
• Scutellaria baicalensis (Baical Skullcap)

Common phytoestrogenic food/herbs containing: Coumestrol

• Brassica spp. (Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage)
• Glycine max (Soybean)
• Medicago sativa (Alfalfa)
• Pisum sativum (Pea)
• Trifolium pratense (Red Clover)
• Vigna radiata (Mungbean)

Common phytoestrogenic food/herbs containing: Biochanin A:

• Baptisia tinctoria (Wild Indigo)
• Sophora japonica (Japanese Pagoda Tree)

Common phytoestrogenic food/herbs containing: Daidzein:

• Glycine max (Soybean)
• Phaseolus coccineus (Scarlet Runner Bean)
• Pueraria spp. (Kudzu; Pueraria)

Common phytoestrogenic food/herbs containing: Formononetin:

• Cimicifuga racemosa (Black Cohosh)

Common phytoestrogenic food/herbs containing: Genistein:

• Baptisia tinctoria (Wild Indigo)
• Glycine max (Soybean)

Common phytoestrogenic food/herbs containing: Beta-Sitosterol:

• Achillea millefolium (Yarrow)
• Allium cepa (Onion)
• Allium sativum (Garlic)
• Aloe vera (Aloe)
• Anethum graveolens (Dill)
• Angelica archangelica (Angelica)
• Arctostaphylos uva-ursi (Bearberry)
• Arnica montana (Arnica)
• Artemisia annua (Sweet Annie)
• Artemisia dracunculus (Tarragon)
• Artemisia vulgaris (Mugwort)
• Asarum canadense (Wild Ginger)
• Asclepias syriaca (Milkweed)
• Aspidosperma quebracho-blanco (Quebracho)
• Avena sativa (Oats)
• Calendula officinalis (Marigold)
• Capsella bursa-pastoris (Shepherd's Purse)
• Capsicum annuum (Chili Pepper)
• Centaurium erythraea (Centaury)
• Centella asiatica (Gotu Kola)
• Chimaphila umbellata (Pipsissewa)
• Cnicus benedictus (Blessed Thistle)
• Commiphora myrrha (Myrrh)
• Crataegus spp. (Hawthorn)
• Cucurbita pepo (Pumpkin)
• Daucus carota (Wild Carrot)
• Echinacea spp. (Echinacea)
• Elettaria cardamomum (Cardamom)
• Eleutherococcus senticosus (Siberian Ginseng)
• Equisetum arvense (Horsetail )
• Fagopyrum esculentum (Buckwheat)
• Foeniculum vulgare (Fennel)
• Fucus vesiculosus (Bladderwrack)
• Glycine max (Soybean)
• Gossypium spp. (Cotton)
• Hordeum vulgare (Barley)
• Humulus lupulus (Hops)
• Hyssopus officinalis (Hyssop)
• Inula helenium (Elecampane)
• Lactuca virosa (Bitter Lettuce)
• Liquidambar orientalis (Oriental Styrax)
• Marrubium vulgare (Horehound)
• Melilotus officinalis (Melilot)
• Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm)
• Mentha spicata (Spearmint)
• Nicotiana tabacum (Tobacco)
• Ocimum basilicum (Basil)
• Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose)
• Paeonia lactiflora (Peony)
• Panax ginseng (Chinese Ginseng, Korean Ginseng)
• Panax quinquefolius (American Ginseng)
• Pisum sativum (Pea)
• Plantago psyllium (Psyllium seed)
• Ptychopetalum olacoides (Muira Puama)
• Punica granatum (Pomegranate)
• Rehmannia glutinosa (Chinese Foxglove)
• Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary)
• Salvia officinalis (Sage)
• Salvia sclarea (Clary Sage)
• Sambucus nigra (Elderflower)
• Sassafras albidum (Sassafras)
• Scutellaria baicalensis (Baikal Skullcap)
• Serenoa repens (Saw Palmetto)
• Smilax spp. (Sarsaparilla)
• Solanum dulcamara (Bitter Nightshade)
• Taraxacum officinale ( Dandelion)
• Theobroma cacao (Cacao)
• Tribulus terrestris (Puncture-vine)
• Trigonella foenum-graecum (Fenugreek)
• Turnera diffusa (Damiana)
• Urginea maritima (Squill)
• Valeriana officinalis (Valerian)
• Verbascum thapsus (Mullein)
• Viburnum opulus (Crampbark)
• Vinca minor (Periwinkle)
• Viola odorata (Sweet Violet)
• Vitis vinifera (Wine Grape)
• Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha)
• Zea mays (Corn silk)
• Zingiber officinale (Ginger)

http://www.pricklypearjunction.com/inter...ogical.htm

Hello NBE family  Heart

I am taking a break because I am having lots of changes lately in my personal life and professional career, I barely have time to be around here.

I'd like to tell you though that I still planning to pursue NBE. However, as Lotus suggested on this thread, there are tons of things I had to think about and change:

1- So far, I have changed my diet (90% anti-inflammatory diet, reduced gluten and dairy to make it easier), working out with a plan (AKA not stressing a lot my body because it makes no sense to be tired AF and go to the gym, yeah, I am masochist sometimes lol) and improving my sleep schedule (my #1 priority, getting better week by week). 
2- I also try to have steady glucose levels, so yes, that implies to eat differently (first fiber, then protein and fats and lastly carbs) and get a little help of vinegar (long story short it helps with getting lower spikes). I do eat this way though since 2021 and definitely my acne is gone since then, so I bet I don't get huge spikes now but anyway I am conscious always about this step. I try to not skip the order of the food. 

3- My period is on time, I am tracking it with an app & some months is 29 and others is 32 but it is pretty regular yep.

4- I also introduced vitD, Green tea (during follicular), magnesium, MSM (almost at 3g per day) and I take L-carnitine & HMB when I workout.  

5- A friend of mine introduced me a great adaptogen called Ashwagandha. I have been researching on this herb for a month (I am a patent&trademark attorney so I have read the patented inventions from this adaptogen and from that perspective I looked into the papers). I decided to give it a try with the minimum dosage (currently at 150mg, usually people take it between 250-600mg daily). From day 1 (I started at 80mg) I have been feeling less anxious and very calm, so it has helped me with sleep a lot. I have never slept like this in my adult life for sure. I plan to reach 250mg by the end of April.

Now, for damn sure it helps with cortisol. ButI am not sure what it does to Estrogen. As far as I know cortisol and Progesterone are related, meaning when one is high the other is low. So it can help with raising P levels I guess. However, thing is, I have read in clinical studies it affects sex hormones, and it is known to increase T in men. There are a lot of studies confirming this. But, in women, apparently is not that clear: it helps with menopause and I have read some studies that says it doesn't raise T in women but there is not enough data regarding this matter. Women on forums like Reddit are afraid of taking it since it is widely spread it raises T for males. So we have little evidence what can do on a female body. 
[b]It is also effective with NCAH (it is a disease that affects the adrenal glands) according to some studies.
[/b]

I am taking it though but I am not sure 100% if it is NBE friendly to grow the girls (maybe Lotus can add more info on this?) but I can say for stress and sleep is definitely working.

6- I plan to add forskolin and hyaluronic acid (HA) to my NBE routine soon. I believe in May or so (therefore I would only take l-carnitine and HMB during luteal phase because during follicular would be too redundant, forskolin is a cAMP activator so it can aid me in the fitness field too, like a fat burning helper). 

Good information here: About the hyaluronic acid, I have been looking into patents as well: turns out you we have to look into its molecular weight to be more effective. There is a company which patented and trademarked a HA called INJUV.  They gave tons of licences to other companies to use it in their formulas, so if you plan to get HA, make sure you see INJUV in the label. This way you know you are getting a good source of the compound. 

7- My right boob is almost a cup smaller than the left one. It could be because the right side of our bodies gets more blood flow or it could be I am made this way lol, but it frustrates me.  Any ideas what I could do to make it grow?

Much love  Heart Heart Heart Hug

(09-04-2023, 01:19 AM)SweetO Wrote:  Hello NBE family  Heart

I am taking a break because I am having lots of changes lately in my personal life and professional career, I barely have time to be around here.

Hi Sweets, I hope you're doing well. I completely understand about not having enough time to be around here @ BN...especially when changes in your personal life keep you otherwise busy (which is what's happening to me). Stay sane and keep healthy my friend.   Hug

Lotus!! Sorry for the late replyyyy Blush how are you my dear?

After some ups and downs, FINALLY I am following the program you provided on this thread. I'll keep you updated of course, I am very happy  Big Grin I hate taking green tea extract because it's very strong in taste lol but otherwise it's going well. 

For our cis-girls:

-FOLLICULAR- 

I take 100mg of pueraria mirifica for 5 days and 150mg for 4 days (my cycle is 28 again, so I ovulate during the day 14th-15th I think) [follicular phase from day 5 to the 14]. I think it is best to go slowly and see how my body reacts and increase the dose according to that. Split up in two does: morning and evening. I like to take it with my yogurt, tastes less this way!

I take green tea extract 200mg as a preworkout and another 200mg with my first dose of pueraria around 12pm.

I take forskolin 250mg as a preworkout and 250mg along with green tea+pueraria after

I take hyaluronic acid through the last week of the follicular phase. One pill with forskolin+green tea+ pueraria. Yeah huge party lol Tongue

I take zinc 30mg daily too - had a horrible breakout again and it tremendously helps with acne. I decreased this time the dose and I just stick to 30mg during follicular. 

---

LUTEAL

I keep up with zinc but 15-20mg daily no more.

Progesterone cream twice - breasts and wrists - until day 24 of my cycle. Therefore I only use this just 10 days.

L-carnitine 2000mg + HMB for working out - amazing combo for burning fat but it would be very redundant to use during all the month. Forskolin is a great fat burner too! [caution with these things they cannot be used for a very long period of time, it can damage the liver]

-Things I take like a normal person the whole month - 

Magnesium (400mg), Ashwagandha (400mg)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon