Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Any quick ways to gain weight??

Protein powder isn't bad. Too much, however, is. Just take it a half hour before a workout and somewhere within two hours after mixed in with water or milk or the like and drink it. It helps muscles recover. Preferably lifting weights as that helps increase muscle mass and not gain weight in areas we don't necessarily want it. I agree with everything that everyone else is saying though. Eat nutrient dense foods and small meals throughout the day to rev up your metabolism and keep you eating regularly as well as staying healthy and (if you are working out) getting fit. Honestly, everyone should work out. It is what keeps our appetites going. And peanut butter is one of the best protein rich foods you could have with lots of fats. You should never have a diet that has zero fats in it because that will ultimately harm you because we need fat in our diet. However, too much fat and sugars and the like are bad. Just limit them, but don't cut fat out completely. I'm actually really into nutrition and health and workout out type of things, so I know a lot about this stuff. Good luck!

I don't think you necessarily need organic. I was just suggesting organic to avoid something that could have a bad supply line. The % of contaminated peanuts on that abstract was low.

Parboiled rice is semi-refined, but it's a food that goes down way easier than brown rice. You can germinate brownrice to fix that. I'ts hard for me to eat a lot of brownrice. Blackrice is a good alternative to brownrice, which is also whole and goes down easy.

Avocados are very good.

What you can do is, cook many eggs at once, then you have a snack throughout the few days to help you gain weight, or prevent weight loss when you get hungry. Sometimes I have to limit the yolk intake.

The important things are healthy fats, foods that go down easy, vitamins in foods, eating when you get hungry, favorite foods, juices, and easy to prepare foods. People will disagree with me on this, but some refined foods (containing flour, parboiled rice) can help because they are easier to digest. While other refined foods have negative health benefit, when their non-refined counterpart can be used.

I believe you'll gain the weight you want back. Smile

Thank you all for the great suggestions Smile
Measurement wise i only lost 1/2" on the bust but lost fullness too. Il incorporate all your suggestions, thank you all x

This thread is really cool. I love the suggestions and, for the most part, they seem to be in line with what I would recommend. I can appreciate the Wheat free (gluten free) choice you made Ella. Excellent choice - wheat is so bad for us in any of it's forms! Generally, I think you need to eat more carbohydrates to gain weight. I've lost 20% of my body weight since April by eliminating wheat and cutting carbs to less than 100 grams per day, so doing the opposite to GAIN weight seems very logical. Eat whatever grains (other than wheat of course) and starches you like and eat more of them than usual. ...What a crazy, fun problem to have in our overweight world!?!

(21-07-2014, 01:59 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  This thread is really cool. I love the suggestions and, for the most part, they seem to be in line with what I would recommend. I can appreciate the Wheat free (gluten free) choice you made Ella. Excellent choice - wheat is so bad for us in any of it's forms! Generally, I think you need to eat more carbohydrates to gain weight. I've lost 20% of my body weight since April by eliminating wheat and cutting carbs to less than 100 grams per day, so doing the opposite to GAIN weight seems very logical. Eat whatever grains (other than wheat of course) and starches you like and eat more of them than usual. ...What a crazy, fun problem to have in our overweight world!?!
Thanks Kari. Yes its soo confusing. I truly don't know what foods exclude wheat and sodding gluten etc. The way I see it the only safe food right now is protein and or raw veggies - its soo painfully boring and gluten free bread tastes aweful! If I find the right topping it can be tolerable.
Im waiting for the results of an allergy test which will ultimately turn things upside down again potentially. But either way ive slimmed down big time and sadly lost some of the boobs I have gained along the way which is gutting.
I compleltely lack imagination when it comes to food too which doesn't help but im sure cook books will come in handy.
I hope to gain back at least 2-3 kgs and soon Sad

So ELLA dear, what's your strategery on the weight issues?. Wink

(22-07-2014, 09:23 AM)Lotus Wrote:  So ELLA dear, what's your strategery on the weight issues?. Wink

At this stage love just want to gain back what i lost.. bearing in mind im on a strict healthy diet *sobs* and heLthy food is soo limited if i try to go organic Sad
Unless i munch on lettus and kale leaves all day Huh
Im trying more rice (brown) and low acid foods. Anything acidic irritates my bladder esp wine *startsconstructinganoose*...

It's not the same for everyone, but maca made me gain a lot of weight really fast. I tried it twice thinking I just needed self control but nope. I don't want to gain weight but if I ever needed to gain weight fast I'd take it.

(22-07-2014, 05:57 PM)sweetpea Wrote:  It's not the same for everyone, but maca made me gain a lot of weight really fast. I tried it twice thinking I just needed self control but nope. I don't want to gain weight but if I ever needed to gain weight fast I'd take it.
Sadly maca didnt agree with me Sad

You can take as much protein powder as you want, but it has to be diluted in a lot of water, and not done for an extended period. Natural peanut butter and jelly sandwiches will help you gain. Fruit juice too. You don't have to overeat to gain weight, but you have to avoid being hungry. Resistance training will help, but being physically overactive makes it nearly impossible to eat enough for gains. Everyone had good advice on here. AchievingConfidence has a good point, because resistance exercise causes an increase in appetite. Too much refined sugars and fats are bad. Unrefined is good, as long as it is balanced right. Listen to how your body deals with food.

Eat your favorite foods, and learn how to prepare the foods you like that are convenient. Eating a lot is a mindset, and over-worrying about what to eat can be restricting. Don't worry about if how many meals a day or how much food has an effect on metabolism. In my opinion, going strictly for organic can hold you back, because it restricts your diet by money and refusing otherwise good food. You can consider growing a banana or avocado tree, if you have a green thumb. That can easily give you a lot of calories a day for a while. Easier said than done. Good luck.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon