Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bored of my chest!

(20-07-2014, 05:40 AM)BoardGames Wrote:  "Menstruation: IGF-1, prolactin, adaptogen
End of menstruation: 1 dose of LH raising herb tea only if estrogen or testosterone are generally low
Rest of Follicular: IGF-1, prolactin, aromatase, progesterone, anti-DHT
Ovulation: nothing
Luteal: progesterone
During luteal swelling: IGF-1, prolactin, aromatase, progesterone, anti-DHT"

Is this a template, and I find herbs and foods that fit these specifications, or is that the original plan? Synthetic IGF-1 appears to be a steroid?

Below that. The quote above were how human hormones were that were associated with growth. Its not synthetic hormones. The herbs below have those effects, and they were fit in to the puzzle according to the quote above.

"Menstruation: hops, nipple massage, ginseng, multivitamin, natural peanut butter
End of menstruation: spearmint tea once every few months
Rest of follicular: fenugreek, white peony, pueraria, reishi, asparagus
Ovulation: nothing
luteal phase: fenugreek, asparagus
During luteal swelling: all of the above plus fennel and rye; adjust doses

Vitamins A-E throughout based on DRI, not RDI. Ginseng can be panax, indian ginseng or siberian ginseng, all are called ginseng because of their function but are not related. Nipple massage to be tweaked throughout. "

This is a few posts down:

"I read something about not to ingest too much hops, bc they say it affects egg size in porcupines. Use hops topically, or limit it to tea once every other day.

Milk thistle also for menstruation. Possibly progesterone herbs like fenugreek can be used during menstruation too. Rye can also be rye bread.

Ashwaganda (Indian), Eleuthero (Siberian) are the other ginsengs, which might even be better than Panax. Schisandra is also an adaptogen that can be used instead. Adaptogens are just to help the body during menstruation or pms."

Great! So hops every other day of menstruation.

Is asparagus absolutely essential? I don't really like its smell. :/

What is DRI and RDI?

You can use fenugreek instead, since both are progesteronic. It's actually asparagus root that should be used, but grocery store asparagus may be fine too. But if you don't use a progesteronic herb at the start of luteal, there probably won't be big results.

RDI is the % of nutrition on food labels, it is the minimum. DRI is daily recommended Intake, you can look it up online.

I look forward to trying this! Taking asparagus root shouldn't be so bad.

(I asked this on the previous page but it probably got bumped) Should I get my hormone panel done by an endocrinologist before trying this, and should I let them know I'm trying NBE?

Oh. You can get a hormone panel if you want. I don't know much about that. Actually, a lot can be done without a panel, by looking at menstruation durations, body hair, or understanding other effects of hormones. The medical field doesn't believe in NBE, so it may not be good to tell them. If you do tell them, hopefully they'll just say it won't work, but harmless as long as you avoid bad herbs. A lot would say herbs aren't safe, but that is why the top priority is to research each herb's safety, and a few are plain foods. A few dangerous herbs get used to give others a bad reputation, then they go on about advertising cosmetic surgery in the same breath.

Someone else is better able to tell you about hormone panels.

Common asparagus is the one at the market. Shatavari is a different asparagus species, that the root is used.

Is looking at body hair used to determine testosterone levels?

I have thick hair, but emotions like I have a ton of estrogen - LOL!

I only massage during my period for this plan?

probably DHT. testosterone is normally fine. so red reishi reduces DHT. White peony turns testosterone into estrogen. But small amounts of testosterone, and DHT may be needed for health. Herbs that raise LH raise both testosterone and estrogen. If you have a lot of testosterone, some of that can go into estrogen. But then there's a thing as too much estrogen, which works against you. so there's a balance of progesterone herbs, and prolactin. A long heavy period would be too much estrogen, compared to progesterone.

Hops is used as a sleep aid ... should it be taken before bed?

http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Hops-Flowers-Capsules/dp/B000Z8YK6C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405834543&sr=8-1&keywords=hops+capsules

Is this the correct one? I'm making a shopping list right now. Smile

that's it. Bulk herbs are cheaper than capsules. A weak tea would be good. I say, don't take it every other day, because of some study. Hops raises prolactin, but so does massage, and massage is free. Raising progesterone, also raises prolactin, which raises progesterone again. These two hormones are lowered by and lower estrogen. The herbs can affect human hormones, and they also have phytohormones that act weakly but directly too.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon