Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Maca Journey Buddies!!

(20-06-2014, 10:04 PM)peggy Wrote:  Hun, are you sure its from Maca? I do have these strange heart palpitations sometimes during my period. Huh

I HOPE its from Maca and I don't have a heart problem ! lol
It didn't take long after googling "maca heart racing" to find dozens of sites all saying its a potential side effect right down to individual testimonies of women having racing heart at night so I have to put it down to that. My cycle is over too.

Ok I see. Take care. Smile

(20-06-2014, 10:28 PM)peggy Wrote:  Ok I see. Take care. Smile
Thanks sweets.
I hope its just the maca, am contemplating a break today although I could do with the boost.
Ok I go back to reading the article Smile

I think that's a common maca side effect and has nothing to do with your blood pressure. My blood pressure is always low but I also had palpitations with maca and extremely vivid nightmares. That was only the first week though and I stopped taking it after 4 PM. I'd take one in the morning and another at 3 or 4 but not after that, I already have a super active mind and always have trouble sleeping because I'm over analyze every word and move people made that day. When I do sleep i always have nightmares about the things I've been thinking about. Maca at night was making it worse.

My guess is maca is an energy booster so sort of has the same effect as adrenaline and noradrenaline (norepinephrine and epinephrine), so it would have a positive chronotropic effect on the heart by increasing the sympathetic stimulation which would cause increase in heart rate. And since the pontine center that is responsible for the REM sleep uses norepinephrine as a chemical transmitter it would explain why it causes the vivid nightmares since nightmares occur during REM sleep.
I didn't research this though, I'm just guessing since that's a quite an obvious link.
Would love to be able to have a study case about this. Get two people, give one maca and another a placebo, connect them to an EEG and just wait and watch till they get to the fast wave sleep. I'm sure the person on maca would have crazy beta and alpha waves.

About to add MACA to my program this weekend! Hope to see some results! Looking forward to the energy boost too! Thanks for starting this thread and I look forward to being a part of it!

Ok so cut back to the one 500mg yesterday and no heart palpitations! So I guess for now 500mg will be it for me.

So some you have talked about glute exercises on maca? I don't want that obviously but I wondered if I/we focused on upper pectoral breast exercises and if that would work!? Huh Maybe we can get a boost in the bust department? Any thoughts Smile

So, for those of you joining in on the Maca routine to gain some booty, I thought I'd share this with you. I posted this on another thread, so I just copied and pasted it , then added to it here for my BOOTY maca buddies.

Major points to growing booty in ADDITION to taking Maca:

1) EAT PROTEIN!! I cant stress that enough. Muscle needs protein to build. Also healthy fats, oils, nuts & green veggies. And carbs. If you have a high motabolism or are a skinny minnie (like myself), you need to GAIN weight to achieve a better booty. Plus with the weight training, you'll be burning more calories, so you'll have to consume more calories a day. Eat healthy calories, avacados, grass fed beef (in moderation), chicken, eggs, nuts, oatmeal, etc etc.

2) Workouts!! The BEST way to get a butt! I do weight training for my butt 3 times a week, usually on Mon, Wed, Fri (high weight, low reps, and multiple different exersizes to hit all 3 muscles that are in the butt; Gluteus Maximus, Gluteus Minimus and Gluteus Medius). After about 2-3 weeks of just weight training 3 days a week, my trainer had me start doing air squats every day at home, even on weight training days (just squats with no weights) at 5 sets of 15.

You can do air squats every day. But you HAVE to add weight in order to really grow. Make sure there's at least a day off in between weight days to let your muscles heal. Muscles grow by tear and repair. If they dont repair before the next weight train, you're not building. But it IS okay to be a little sore at your next weight day, as long as there was a day in between your last weight day.

If you don't have access to a gym or have your own weights, you can use anything for weight. A backpack with books. Add more books every week. Or hold something that has weight to it when you squat or lunge. If you do kick backs, you might want to get a resistance band from Academy Sports and Outdoors (or Walmart, or wherever), wrap it around the knee of the leg that's on the ground, with the other end wrapped around your foot that your kicking back. OR use your hands (see #4 pictures here: http://www.skinnymom.com/2014/02/02/7-re...exercises/ This will give the resistance you need. There's multiple resistance levels available.

3) **Important!** Do good stretching AFTER your butt workouts!! You're working out your muscles and pumping them up. Surrounding our muscles is whats called Fascia. Its like a tough outer shell keeping our muscles together. You can workout and workout, but if you don't stretch that fascia, its going to be a very long road to pumping up those muscles. Because fascia is so tough, it doesn't allow the muscle room to expand much. It is like taking a pillow (your muscle) in a tight pillowcase (your fascia) and stuffing another pillow into the pillowcase. The pillow part is fuller, but the pillowcase doesnt give enough to let those pillows expand. "The size of the muscle won't change regardless of how hard you train or how well you eat because the connective tissue around your muscles is constricting the muscles within." Do some google searching. This site explains it (that's where that quote came from). You can also click "instructions for stretching" and he tells you how to effectively stretch your fascia. http://www.fitstep.com/Misc/Newsletter-a...xplode.htm

4) Now if you wanted to (you don't have to), you can add any oil or combination of oils to your booty. Fish oil, vitamin E, flaxseed oil, cocoa butter, hops oil or whatever you choose. Massage it in twice a day.

(21-06-2014, 08:41 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Ok so cut back to the one 500mg yesterday and no heart palpitations! So I guess for now 500mg will be it for me.

So some you have talked about glute exercises on maca? I don't want that obviously but I wondered if I/we focused on upper pectoral breast exercises and if that would work!? Huh Maybe we can get a boost in the bust department? Any thoughts Smile

Excersizing your pectoral muscles won't really increase your bust. But it WILL help tone, help with sag & perkiness.

But honestly, and this is just my opinion, I think that adding maca while on a NBE program would give you a boost in your bust, or help accelerate your program. This is why I think that: Maca is an adaptenogen, and that's why doing butt excersizes and weight training while on maca really speeds up your results, versus someone who takes maca and doesn't workout. Because your forcing your butt muscles to build through workouts, and the maca is helping your muscles to repair faster, adapt MUCH quicker to the (good) "strain" your putting on your body. So, it stands to reason, that if it's an all over body adaptenogen, then massaging, pumping and whatever else you may be doing for your bust, the Maca will help accelerate that as well. I'm no expert by any means, but it seems logical Smile

(22-06-2014, 07:23 PM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  So, it stands to reason, that if it's an all over body adaptenogen, then massaging, pumping and whatever else you may be doing for your bust, the Maca will help accelerate that as well. I'm no expert by any means, but it seems logical Smile

Interesting thought!

I am going to measure in 5 days and will let you guys know if I grew with Maca. Last cycle I took no herbs at all and did only massage + NB and did not grow. After that I took Maca for 25 days and continued to massage + noogle. Now on my period I make a three day Maca pause.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon