Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Maca Journey Buddies!!

Hey all! ELLACRAIG and I decided to start this thread for everyone who's either currently taking Maca, just started Maca or even thinking about taking it. I thought we could all share what kind we take, at what dosage, and what our progress is with it.

Some of us are taking it for general overall health, some are taking it to help with NBE or regulate hormones or to give their libido a turbo boost, and some are taking it to help grow some booty (like I am). And with the different reasons, I've found that the dosages seem to be different too.

So, join us and let us know why you're taking it and how it's working for you! Smile

Excited to hear from everyone!

So, my story with Maca is I HOPE to gain some butt and maybe hips with it. And if it ends up helping my NBE, then AWESOME!!

I started taking it just yesterday, so I will update with my progress and any side effects (hopefully just bigger booty!) haha! I'm doing a LOT of butt excersizes at home and with a trainer, as well as being on a weight gaining diet. My workout & diet are listed on my profile page.

I'm taking Whole World Botanicals Organic vegetarian Royal Maca concentrate (Gelatinized). It's 1,000 mg per capsule. Here's what the labels dosage directions say:

Sensitive/petite: take 1/2 to 1 cap daily
For Immune support: 2 caps daily
Male Sexuality: 2-6 caps daily or every other day
Women- painful periods or PMS: 2 caps daily
Menopausal: Start with 3 caps daily. Increase by 1 cap daily each week if needed, until hot flashes & other symptoms are 80% better.

Since I'm petite (5'2", 105 lbs) I'll be taking the 1/2-1 cap daily dosage. However, I plan on starting with 1/2 cap for a week, then bumping to 1 cap for a week, then 1 and a half caps for a week, then 2 caps. If I start getting negative side effects, I'll back down. Hopefully I'll just get more jiggle when I giggle Smile (Butt area only please. Or boobs. Or both. Lol)

Ok I will copy and paste what I wrote in my program thread two days ago:

3 weeks update since taking Maca. What did I experience so far:

Pros

- More energy
- I was able to lower my thyroid meds
- VERY NICE AND CLEAR SKIN !!!

Cons

- During the first few days I couldn't sleep because of too much energy
- I experience a bit more hair shedding since 2 weeks, but not sure if its because of Maca or because of my thyroid

During my ovulation which must have been on day 15 or 16 (and normally is on day 19 or 20) I felt constant pains in my ovaries which lasted a couple of days and not just one day.
Also now in luteal phase I sometimes feel my ovaries and I believe its a sign of them releasing hormones, which is great in my opinion since I was low in almost all hormones.

Measurements on cycle day 27 (I love luteal phase): I measured 85cm (33.5'') while exhaling and 87cm (34.25'') while inhaling today

Dosage: I started taking 500mg and increased my dose every two days. Currently I am taking 3000mg of gelatinized Maca and will stay with that dosage for a while.

I will make a new update on cycle day 8, like the last time before I started taking Maca. Then I will know if my boobies grew with the help of Maca.

I really, really, really hope that my next period will be light and without cramps. That would be the most important to me.

PS: I workout 4-5 times per week but only doing 100 squats (without weights). I have problems with my left knee and it hurts when I use weights. My measurements are in my signature. Wink

Ok Maca sisters.
Im taking Maca for balanced hormones incase all the stupid herbs I have taken have rendrered me out of balance.
Also for my thyroid and a boost in libido would be great (hubby will be over the moon).
But yes of course for a boost in the bust department and maybe a little shapelier bottom but I don't want a big butt NO WAY HOSAY!!!
Boobs around nipple 34.5
Leaning 35.7
Bottey 37.5
Contemplating bottom shots but only if you guys are keen! lol Blush
More than anything else I want to monitor butt growth or potentially lack there of!

My brand Navitas Naturals - Organic, non irradiated , gelatinized caps serving size 1500mg per day. Im only taking 500mg until next sat when I will up to 1000mg and so forth..

I've noticed a boost in energy yes, and sinus's don't seem as bad as with dry eyes! Hope this keeps up!

I've had horrible break outs from maca but I'm planning on adding it again to my august program.
Will only take 500mg of raw maca instead of 1000mg I took last time
I have 3 bottles of maca that I don't want to go to waste so il add 250mg of SP to help with the acne break outs (fingers crossed the low dose won't give me cellulite)

Reasons I'm adding maca again:
1- gave me so much energy and I felt great
2- regulated my period
3- I like big butts and I cannot lie! I want that 40inch bootaaaay, hopefully maca with some butt exercises will get me there

Good luck to you girls and please keep updating this thread because I'm super interested in your results

Peggy-

Those first few days when you started maca & had a hard time sleeping, when during the day were you taking maca? I already have a hard time going to bed at night, I'm night owl. I read that you should take it in the morning so it doesn't give you insomnia. So, that's what I've been doing. I stay up just as late as before. Haha! Also, I think I'm going to amp up the dosage the way you did. I think they way I was going to do it is too gradual.

ELLACRAIG-
Really?! It helped with your sinuses and dry eyes? That's awesome!! It would be AMAZING if it helps with my sinuses/allergies!!!

Also, I am SO down with pictures!! I already took my before pics (I did straight on back booty pic, a side booty pic on each side, and then a slight angle pic, to try to get pics from every angle). I'll post my befores when I get my dang computer back up and running and I'll post update pics every 3 weeks Smile I'm SO excited!!

AquaArab- YEAH!!! I love big butts and I can not lie EITHER!! Haha! That's awesome! Glad you joined in! Thats actually one of my favorite songs to sing at karaoke! Lol. It's hilarious because I'm a tiny white girl with no booty up there shaking it while I rap. Lol. The crowd usually loves it. Thank god for alcohol!! Haha! Also, you might want to add an anti-androgen to your supplements. Ive read many times on here and black hair media that if you start showing signs of too much testosterone while taking maca, that adding an anti-androgen will REALLY help you out.

This is what Peggy said from a different thread "You can take Red Reishi. It doesn't alter testosterone or other hormones, but it does prevent that testosterone turns into DHT. I take it along with Maca every day since 3 weeks."

(19-06-2014, 02:06 AM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  Peggy-

Those first few days when you started maca & had a hard time sleeping, when during the day were you taking maca? I already have a hard time going to bed at night, I'm night owl. I read that you should take it in the morning so it doesn't give you insomnia. So, that's what I've been doing. I stay up just as late as before. Haha! Also, I think I'm going to amp up the dosage the way you did. I think they way I was going to do it is too gradual.

I took it before lunch at the beginning.

UPADATE: for my maca buddies.
Had two episodes of heart palpitations last night. It was truly scary and I didn't click at the time.
Having done some research this morning it turns out maca has been prescribed to stabilize blood pressure at LOWER doses. However if you are predisposed to high blood pressure then don't take higher doses.

As far as I am aware my blood pressure is normal but I wont be upping my dosage to 1000mgs anymore. I stay on 500mg. If it happens again I wont take it period. Not worth it!

Hun, are you sure its from Maca? I do have these strange heart palpitations sometimes during my period. Huh

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon