Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Maca Journey Buddies!!

Ok braved it and took half a capsule of maca today at 2pm.
Certainly helped with my exhaustion today but let's see if I sleep tonight lol Blush

I forgot to say it I've been takin Maca for a week now and I love It!Im taking the extract at 20 drops and will slowly raise it to its maximum(50 drops).

(03-10-2014, 08:18 PM)WannaBePearShaped Wrote:  I forgot to say it I've been takin Maca for a week now and I love It!Im taking the extract at 20 drops and will slowly raise it to its maximum(50 drops).

What are the mg?

I have no idea...I do however know that the dry her ratio is 1:3 if that helps any. Huh
Also, I think maca is working for me along with hops and white peony to give me a bigger butt,hips and thighs...Ive grown an inch around the hips and but area and I gained an inch on my thighs.Also my waist has gone down from 30 to 27 with no exercise whatsoever but I think I'll start exercising Monday because I really want to lose some pounds.

I picked up some caps of gelatinized maca - I wasn't really feeling like the raw powder in my foods or drinks every day so it had fallen by the wayside, I will use the remaining in some chocolates or something Tongue Hoping to see some more improvements soon!

Ok, so I HAD been taking Whole World Botanicals gelatinized maca and saw some pretty quick results (3/4" growth on the butt and a little less than that on the boobs) in 2 and a half weeks. Then pretty much stayed there for a bit. Then life happened and I dropped nbe and weight gaining completely for a while. Smh. Lost the gains.

Anyways! After looking back through older posts & posts on other sites of women who had amazing results with maca, I saw that they were taking much more than I was. So, then I started jumping on different company websites to see their dosages (gelatinized maca ONLY since gelatinized and raw have different doses). Well, well, the brand I was using had a suggested dose of about 500 mg (0.5 grams) to 2,000mg (2 grams) per day. (More for men or menopausal). These other brands suggested dose are 5 grams a day (5,000 mg).

I had emailed that company a couple of times and asked why they're dose is so low compared to other companies and I never heard back. I guess it's to just sell more.

So I took my scrawny butt up to Whole Foods and bought Gaia Herbs Gelatinized Maca Powder. Man, this thing is going to last me forever! Lol. And that's an excellent brand! They test every product for heavy metals and mold & this maca is also a blend of yellow, black & red. And organic. It was about $24, the serving size is 1 tsp (5 grams or 5,000 mg) and it has 90 servings per container. Seeing as how you probably shouldn't just jump into 5 grams & you should take breaks, this sucker will probably last me like 4-5 months. I'm pretty happy about that.

So, I'm starting off with using a 1/4 tsp measuring spoon and scooping it about 2/3 full, mixing it with a bit of water and drinking that twice a day. I'll up it to a full 1/4 tsp twice a day in 2 days, which is 2,500 mg (2.5 grams). So forth and so on until I get to the full dosage in about a week and a half or so. Yeeeeeeee-whooooooo I'm excited Smile

I posted this on my journey thread, but wanted to copy/paste it here since it has to do with maca.

So I've been back on maca for about 2 weeks and haven't seen the butt growth I saw last time. I've come to the conclusion that it's because I've stopped all other herbs. I'm currently only taking maca & progesterone cream along with consuming surplus calories & weight training. But man oh man, am I feeling some boob activity!!

I really think my fast growth last time was because I was taking phytoestrogens & consuming fish oil along with maca & that is what boosted my results. (I was taking fenugreek (along with blessed thistle), as well as putting ground flax in my smoothies and rubbing flaxseed oil on my butt.

The ladies over at black hair media rave about the results they get when they combine maca with aguaje, which is a strong phytoestrogen, but it's stronger than I'd like to take. So, I'll be adding ground flax back into my program & rubbing flaxseed oil on my butt. I'd rather not smell like maple syrup & that's what fenugreek does. So if flaxseed is enough, I'll stick with that. If not, I'll add fenugreek oil & apply it topically, hoping that I won't smell like Ihop that way. Lol. We'll see.

BUMP

Any new updates?

I need to go out and buy hops, flaxseed oil and fish oil pills. It seems like the answer to everything! Lol.

No growth for me. If anything I'm slimmer :s
I only take 500mgs though. It does give me more energy il give it that. They say 3 months to see results. I can't be too far off that.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon