Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

* I NEED TO RANT* (sorry)

When I was skinny like 90lb no one ever insulted me I sure didn't take it seriously only fat girls say insult thin girls so i dont understand how you dont find it just funny or a compliment that rhey are jealous haha if they called me skinny I didn't mind I was like yh I know you think I can't look in a mirror I still looked curvy because my hips were big and waist was a tiny 22in I miss that but I was sort of uncomfortably boney.

FrenchB I love you more!!!
Bonita, you've got an amazing curvy figure.
My mom always told me that everyone has a weight that suites them.
Not everyone who is bigger is going to look good skinny and not every skinny woman is gonna look good with a lot of weight. The beauty in the human body is in the diversity and I see that in everyone. It just really sucks when people would rather put you down then learn to love themselves.

I was called skinny sometimes in the past, but only from women who were much bigger than me. It was quite insulting. Two years ago I visited my uncle whom I havent seen for years and he said, "you have such a lovely figure, girl". All others in the room looked jealous at me. Lol Tongue

5 feet 7'' and 124 pounds, not skinny, I just need more boobs. Big Grin

Thank you ladies! I was so frustrated after a few comments made by a really good friend of mine. I laughed them off and told her that she was "just hating." But they didn't end there. I just walked away because I love my friend and I didn't want to say anything that would damage the friendship but jeez...

Don't get me wrong, when strangers make comments I laugh them off. They don't effect me whatsoever. But thank you all! Smile

(15-06-2014, 09:34 PM)onitap Wrote:  Thank you ladies! I was so frustrated after a few comments made by a really good friend of mine. I laughed them off and told her that she was "just hating." But they didn't end there. I just walked away because I love my friend and I didn't want to say anything that would damage the friendship but jeez...

Don't get me wrong, when strangers make comments I laugh them off. They don't effect me whatsoever. But thank you all! Smile

Being the smallest out of all my friends I understand especially when comments are coming from people that you care about and would expect to be supportive of you but you should never let them get to you. Just try live life healthily and that's all that matters.

(15-06-2014, 08:37 PM)lovedebbii Wrote:  FrenchB I love you more!!!
Bonita, you've got an amazing curvy figure.
My mom always told me that everyone has a weight that suites them.
Not everyone who is bigger is going to look good skinny and not every skinny woman is gonna look good with a lot of weight. The beauty in the human body is in the diversity and I see that in everyone. It just really sucks when people would rather put you down then learn to love themselves.

Totally agree about everyone having their 'right' weight. If you have bigger bones, they look better with something to cover them! And I think different facial features suit different bodies too :L

You don't look too thin or anorexic. You have a beautiful figure.
I was called anorexic from certain people (from my mum and my friends) years ago... Well I wasn't! I just was thin! Now I've gained a few lbs (thanks to my bf and the birth control pill) and I have a normal bmi.

I love how positive you're about everything.
Don't let other people bring you down! Thick people will always make fun of thin people - they're just jealous.

(16-06-2014, 01:22 PM)uhuccup Wrote:  You don't look too thin or anorexic. You have a beautiful figure.
I was called anorexic from certain people (from my mum and my friends) years ago... Well I wasn't! I just was thin! Now I've gained a few lbs (thanks to my bf and the birth control pill) and I have a normal bmi.

I love how positive you're about everything.
Don't let other people bring you down! Thick people will always make fun of thin people - they're just jealous.

Yh agreed! Just love yourself and understand other women say it because they feel bad about their own weight and are jealous I can never take jealous women comments serious because they are normally stupid.

I have been on both sides of the very shitty spectrum and it sucks.

When I was a kid I was overweight to the point where my pediatrician put me on a diet. My dad was also overweight as a kid, but ended up becoming a green belt in karate or something and managed to lose the weight. However, since he was married with three kids and karate was out of the picture he had basically become "manorexic" to keep the weight off and was/is very fat-phobic. I can still remember standing in my panties while the doctor talked about my "issue" and how if I "started watching what I ate" he would guess that I'd be around 5 foot 5 and 150 pounds by 18. My spirit was crushed, but not as bad as it was on the nights that followed when my dad would look at me and say "are you sure you want to eat that?" At 8 years old I looked in the mirror and saw myself as fat and worthless. 8 YEARS OLD.

By 17 I had hit 5 foot 8 and I had an undiagnosed heart condition. I stayed at 120 pounds... I couldn't gain weight. I went on a trip to Nepal with a group of several churches to work in a medical camp. That's when my condition was at it's worse and I suddenly went unconscious one day while we were in line to get food. When I came to they set me in a chair and a bunch of people were fanning me. I can still remember the room spinning and still feeling foggy when the pastor of the group leaned over and said "well that's how it is with an eating disorder". I was absolutely heart broken. His daughter-in-law was more worried about the fact that I was thinner than her (and even thinner at that point from all the rice and hiking) that rather than worry about me she was busy talking about this eating disorder that I supposedly had. My mom took me back to our room and the pastor later came back and apologized, but the damage was done at that point.

And what's funny is that when I actually WAS anorexic not many people said anything about it.

What I am saying by this long rambly post is that it hurts coming from BOTH SIDES. Did I want to hurl an insult right back at the girl who called me anorexic? Absolutely. All that would have done is fan the fire in a culture where women are constantly pitted up against each other rather than fighting for what matters... love and acceptance. Society is to blame.

This is a heart breaking thread.
Words are powerful and important and we all should remember to use them wisely, but too often, we don't and a careless "funny" or "cute" remark can do real damage to some one.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon