Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

MORINGA = A HEALTHY GALACTAGOGUE

Moringa Oleifera - Wonder Tree

Moringa is Mother’s Best Friend

Moringa leaves and extract are considered to be Galactagogues and help promote and establish lactation in nursing mothers. Because of the same it is called mothers best friend in Phillipines. Intake of moringa few days postpartum or after delivery to induce lactation. The lactation enhancing effects of Moringa leaves as evidenced by increased levels of maternal serum prolactin, which is important hormone in initiation of lactation.

Moringa has many more health benefits:

Nutritional value of Moringa

Moringa is often touted as “the most nutrient dense material on earth” and the claims are quite true. Nutritional analysis has shown that Moringa leaves contain larger amounts of several important nutrients than the common foods often associated with these nutrients. On gram-for-gram comparison of nutritional data, morgina leaves have

7times the Vitamin C of Oranges
4times the Vitamin A of Carrots
4times the Calcium of Milk
3times the Potassium of Bananas
2times the Protein of Yogurt

Moringa leaves contain various vitamins (including vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B6, vitamin C), minerals (including calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and zinc), proteins, antioxidants, and other benefits. Moringa leaves provide amino acids which are rare in vegetarian diet and often found in meat. Moringa provides protein – argenine and histidine, which are required for infant growth and extremely valuable food source in various countries having problems of undernourishment.

Dried moringa leaf powder are considered to be more potent than fresh leaves. Increase in the nutritional value is seen when delicate moringa leaves are dired carefully under shade.

Health Benefits of Moringa

In ancient medicinal science Ayurveda, moringa (also known as shigru) is valued for its impressive range of therapeutic usage. Various parts of moringa including leaves, roots, seed, bark, fruit, flowers and immature pods act as cardiac and circulatory stimulants, possess antitumor, antipyretic, antidepressant, antiepileptic, antiinflammatory, antiulcer, antispasmodic, diuretic, antihypertensive, cholesterol lowering, antioxidant, antidiabetic, hepatoprotective, antibacterial and antifungal activities. A recent paper published by John Hopkins institute mentions health benefits of various parts of moringa, some of the health benefits of Moringa are listed below:

* Moringa for healthy skin
* Using Moringa seed oil for good hair
* Anti microbial properties of Moringa
* Moringa is rich source of calcium
* Anti Inflammatory properties of Moringa
* Anti oxidant properties of Moringa
* Effective on gastric ulcer
* Keeping Liver healthy with Moringa
* Benefits of Moringa on Asthma
* Healthy nervous system by Moringa
* Control Diabetes with Moringa
* Prevent Cancer with Moringa
* Moringa to take care of Cardiovascular health
* Quick Healing of wound by Moringa
* Antifertility and abortifacient property of Moringa
* Diuretic and antiurolithiatic property of Moringa

More informations here: http://www.valuefood.info/food/natural-f...f-moringa/

And here is a study* about Moringa: http://www.golacta.com/reports/Estrella-...0Study.pdf

*A double-blind, randomized controlled trial on the use of malunggay (Moringa oleifera) for augmentation of the volume of breastmilk among non-nursing mothers of preterm infants

*starts googling where to buy moringa*

Its got so many nutritional benefits. Someone told me about the super food just a month ago. I stumbled upon it at the farmers market last week! I have been trying to root them, did not know they are a freakin' tree after so much growth.
I have just started using it as part of my detox. They taste spicy to me. like watercress, but different.

Yes the leaves are spicy. I grow moringa trees in my garden since September 2013. They grow sooooooooo fast! I eat the fresh leaves and I also dry them and make a powder which I sprinkle over food (tastes better to me than fresh). I was just not very consistent, but that will change from now on. Smile

dis stuff rocks =D
I take it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100g-Moringa-L...417fb38e56

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moringa-Oleife...19ed60b0e0

I've bought from both these brands ...and I got a cold when I ran out of this stuff ........It's amazing c; and is full of chlorophyll which has lots of benefits..plus it has all the amnios you need to make protein in your body and more from a plant source ......this stuff as well as spirulina ..are my top fav super foods (=

• 36 Anti-Inflammatories
• 18 Amino Acids, 9 Essential Amino Acids
• Nourishes The Immune System
• Promotes Healthy Circulation
• Supports Normal Glucose Levels
• Natural Anti-Aging Benefits
• Provides Anti-Inflammatory Support
• Promotes Healthy Digestion
• Promotes Heightened Mental Clarity
• Boosts Energy Without Caffeine
• Encourages Balanced Metabolism
• Promotes Softer Skin
• Provides Relief From Acne
• Supports Normal Hormone Levels

(18-05-2014, 09:39 PM)peggy Wrote:  Yes the leaves are spicy. I grow moringa trees in my garden since September 2013. They grow sooooooooo fast! I eat the fresh leaves and I also dry them and make a powder which I sprinkle over food (tastes better to me than fresh). I was just not very consistent, but that will change from now on. Smile

WOW you grow your own (= fantastic I'm so jelly
this was voted one of the world top super foods and it's vegan and eco friendly !!! over 90 Nutrients...everything your body needs for protein but your body can make it's own protein from the amnios acids (which is meant to be healthier ) (= aww thats awesome I'd love to grow this stuff ...

haha man I sound like I'm selling this stuff xD

Haha rocketmelon, you are cute. Tongue

I read that Moringa has 46 antioxidants. Thats amazing, isn't it. Smile

Ok just read a clinical trial stating it improved milk quality and production of up to 200% - alobng as being classified right up there as one of THE top superfoods.
Plus its Alkalising! Im picking some up after work Smile
Yay thank you my dear boobie sister Smile

(18-05-2014, 10:28 PM)peggy Wrote:  Haha rocketmelon, you are cute. Tongue

I read that Moringa has 46 antioxidants. Thats amazing, isn't it. Smile

Blush aw gee thanx C=
YES as soon as reading this I made my self a powdered drink of it and it is a lil peppery

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon