Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Leg Pains? Shortness of Breath?

Your reaction to spiro suggests a sodium deficiency. This would actually be exacerbated by consuming vast quantities of water. You should not be experiencing menopause at your age, and honestly the PM is unlikely to throw your natural hormones that out of whack. The synthetics in Belara could.

As the previous poster said, however, none of us are doctors, not even myself.

(24-04-2014, 05:40 AM)Bette Wrote:  Khloe, you might be have a slight reaction to the PM or are storing water.

If you have leg pain, I would recommend going to a doctor. None of us are medical professionals.

-Bette

Never had leg pain!!! Thank God! But yeah, PM made me swollen I guess...

(24-04-2014, 08:20 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Your reaction to spiro suggests a sodium deficiency. This would actually be exacerbated by consuming vast quantities of water. You should not be experiencing menopause at your age, and honestly the PM is unlikely to throw your natural hormones that out of whack. The synthetics in Belara could.

As the previous poster said, however, none of us are doctors, not even myself.

Can you tell me just by the numbers that I posted here that my hormones are in fact out of control? Because I just did a quick research, i'm just guessing u know... never thought about sodium deficiency, but yeah I did have a bad reaction!
Untill I go to the doctor I can't lose any more hair that's for sure :/
Also I don't have menopause symptons at all.
I really hope this was all caused by PM or Belara. Because I can always change my BC, but if it's something else then I'll be scared.

Ferratin- It's not out of the normal range, but birth control pills can lower it some. Maybe that's why it's a little low?

Estriol- Is only produced in significant amounts during pregnancy. No concern here.

Estradiol- looks a little low, though I can't say how much without knowing when in your cycle the blood was drawn.

Progestorone- Hard to tell what this means without knowing when in cycle blood was drawn.

Oestrone- This is the weird one. Usually it's the lowest of the three. I'm assuming this is what makes you think you are post-menopausal. I thought it was converted via aromatase from a progesterone derivative....but not that much. I read that it is sometimes stored in the body to be later used for conversion into estradiol. Perhaps it was stored and kept because while on PM and Belara (which persists in the system) there was no need to convert it into estradiol, and once the estradiol levels lower it will be converted? This is just my own semi-educated guess though. Abi knows more about the female endocrine system than I do. So let's see what she thinks.

Good tip on the sodium deficiency btw,Abi. Spiro has never given my any problems, other than not inhibiting facial hair growth as well as Androcur did, but it's good to keep in mind in case it starts to.

Hi Sarah, how are you dear?!
Finally went to the doctor on friday (he is a general practitioner, cardiologist and a family friend)! My nose was dry and my shortness of breath was getting worse. He checked my tests and said everything was fine, even my ferritin, but I've read and hear several times that a woman should have a ferritin level above 70, always, to have good hair. And since I started taking iron my hair loss is much better and I even have more eyelashes, didn't even realized I was losing them!!!
But back to the doctor: he thinks I have some type of chronic disease or allergy. He thinks I might have lupus or rheumatism, because of the breathing problems + hair loss + i'm thirsty all the time :/. He asked me a ton of questions and checked me. He also thinks the shortness of breath might be related to my sinusitis or rhinitis, he gave me medication, I've been taking since friday and my breathing problems are 50% better I would say. He asked me for like, more 15 blood tests which I will be doing this week. Most of them to see if I have lupus, rheumatism, sjogren's syndrome, etc.
Now tell me something: how long did it take for your shortness of breath to go away? I no longer feel tingleness, but still having trouble breathing. Could it take a long time to go away? I'm scared I have some serious disease like lupus or sjogren's syndrome :/

Thank you for the support, always.

(05-05-2014, 02:56 PM)KhloeM Wrote:  Hi Sarah, how are you dear?!
Finally went to the doctor on friday (he is a general practitioner, cardiologist and a family friend)! My nose was dry and my shortness of breath was getting worse. He checked my tests and said everything was fine, even my ferritin, but I've read and hear several times that a woman should have a ferritin level above 70, always, to have good hair. And since I started taking iron my hair loss is much better and I even have more eyelashes, didn't even realized I was losing them!!!
But back to the doctor: he thinks I have some type of chronic disease or allergy. He thinks I might have lupus or rheumatism, because of the breathing problems + hair loss + i'm thirsty all the time :/. He asked me a ton of questions and checked me. He also thinks the shortness of breath might be related to my sinusitis or rhinitis, he gave me medication, I've been taking since friday and my breathing problems are 50% better I would say. He asked me for like, more 15 blood tests which I will be doing this week. Most of them to see if I have lupus, rheumatism, sjogren's syndrome, etc.
Now tell me something: how long did it take for your shortness of breath to go away? I no longer feel tingleness, but still having trouble breathing. Could it take a long time to go away? I'm scared I have some serious disease like lupus or sjogren's syndrome :/

Thank you for the support, always.

Hey! I'm good. Glad to hear you're doing better. It probably took mine a month or so from the time I stopped taking PM for it to totally go away. I actually still get them very occasionally if I overdo the estradiol lol.

Out of curiosity, what medication did the doctor give you? My old one gave me an albuterol inhaler but I never used it.

Hi!
He prescribed something for my nose that he said I'll have to use twice a day for the rest of my life (Budesonide).
Then he said " and these are 2 very potent anti-allergenics..." and wrote the names, I'm not sure if those are the exact names in english but I believe so:
Prednisone (20mg, once a day for 5 days)
Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride tablet (25mg, take 1 tablet every 8 hours for 20 days)

I'm glad to hear it took you a month to get back to normal, because it has been probably more than a month since i've taken PM, and i'm still out of breath. But i mean, if i had a serious disease, wouldn't I be having more symptons? Because my hair loss may also be related to PM, besides the low ferritin. I'm really praying this is it and that it's just taking my body a little longer to recover...

Sarah do you think in the future, after i'm 100% fine, I'll be able to use the ainterol creams or sprays? or that would cause the same problems?

(08-05-2014, 02:50 PM)KhloeM Wrote:  Sarah do you think in the future, after i'm 100% fine, I'll be able to use the ainterol creams or sprays? or that would cause the same problems?

I'm not sure tbh. Try it in the future and find out Tongue.

On a side note, Prednisone suppresses the immune system. If the allergy meds don't help, then I wouldn't take this more than the recommended 5 days lol.

Doctors are so funny though. They simply take guesses, prescribe drugs, and see what works.

Oh no I already stopped the prednisone!
I totally agree with you about doctors, they seem to guess a lot, that annoys me, and it's hard to find a good one. I just went and got my blood test today, I also noticed that he asked for potassium and sodium tests! I will get the results by the end of next week. I'm not worried though, I would say my shortness of breath has gotten better, my hair has been falling waaay less since I've been taking iron, and even my eyelashes are fuller.
Thank you for all the support Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon