Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is cycling mandatory?

It's not only about getting your period in time or not.

If you keep taking a strong phytoestrogen like PM on and on, you are messing up your estrogen/progesterone-balance. Thing is, these hormones do not only affect your period, but a whole bunch of processes in your body.

A more or less severe decrease in progesterone is, for example, linked to: bad memory (even dementia); insomnia; problems with your immune system; increasing level of testosterone; acne; osteoporosis; more problems with any kind of inflammations; higher risk of breast cancer and endometrium cancer; reduced level of oxygen in all cells; depression; increased body fat and weight gain; weariness; low libido; unbalanced blood sugar; problems with zinc and copper; high blood pressure; thyroid problems; lack of corticosterone; migraines; anxiety; reduced vascular tone; increased risk of blood clots, and more.

I've also read elsewhere about a girl in her 20ies reporting about her intake of PM a few weeks straight and ending up with such a blood clot in her leg actually.

(26-02-2014, 11:47 PM)Wednesday Wrote:  It's not only about getting your period in time or not.

If you keep taking a strong phytoestrogen like PM on and on, you are messing up your estrogen/progesterone-balance. Thing is, these hormones do not only affect your period, but a whole bunch of processes in your body.

A more or less severe decrease in progesterone is, for example, linked to: bad memory (even dementia); insomnia; problems with your immune system; increasing level of testosterone; acne; osteoporosis; more problems with any kind of inflammations; higher risk of breast cancer and endometrium cancer; reduced level of oxygen in all cells; depression; increased body fat and weight gain; weariness; low libido; unbalanced blood sugar; problems with zinc and copper; high blood pressure; thyroid problems; lack of corticosterone; migraines; anxiety; reduced vascular tone; increased risk of blood clots, and more.

I've also read elsewhere about a girl in her 20ies reporting about her intake of PM a few weeks straight and ending up with such a blood clot in her leg actually.

All of the herbs we take for NBE pose serious risks, and even topicals pose serious risks, it's why you have to cleanse your body every once in a while. If she takes high doses then she should do a cleanse every 3 weeks, if you take lower doses you can spread it longer but no matter what you should do a cleanse a minimum(IMO, and I know I've read other stuff that makes me think maybe sooner) every 6 months and that's with recommended doses of the herbs which none of us do because it usually doesn't help with growth. That's not cycling though, and even if she cycles, she still needs to do a cleanse.

And even besides that point you should have a balanced regimen in the first place so you don't become dominant in any one hormone. She's obviously not talking about taking only PM because she talked about using PC to keep herself balanced. You aren't gonna become dominant in any one thing if you have a properly balanced plan for your body. She's obviously aware of that or else she wouldn't see the point in using something to offset the strong phytoestrogen.

If she clotted from PM then she was likely already genetically prone to blood clots and anything abnormal could've triggered it, like being on the pill, which gives hormones in relatively low doses but can still trigger clotting. One woman taking PM and then getting a blood clot does not mean that you can't take PM for a few weeks straight. Plenty of people here do it without issue.

But when you start NBE and/or messing with your body in any way, there are gonna be risks and you need to be aware of that before you start. If you are really that worried by small chances then you should read the risks associated with simple ibuprofen. You'll never take the OTC reliever for your headache ever again. Just because the risks is there, doesn't mean it'll happen. If you're really worried that something can mess up your body like that, don't mess with it at all because the slightest thing can trigger stuff you never thought possible. But that's something that I think everyone here is already aware of because the biggest thing with NBE is research, and research doesn't just bring up good, it brings up bad too. You have to weigh the risks, but there are risks with everything, it doesn't mean it's automatically gonna happen. Especially not if you do it right.

(26-02-2014, 11:25 PM)KardashianKurves Wrote:  
(26-02-2014, 10:20 PM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  
(26-02-2014, 09:25 PM)KardashianKurves Wrote:  
(26-02-2014, 03:49 PM)toosmall3 Wrote:  Sorry, let me clarify. I'm not post menopausal. I'm 25 but don't use any bc because my husband got a vasectomy after our 2nd baby. It wouldn't bother me to not have a period but as far as I know, it wouldn't be good health wise. So my goal is to take PM for as many days a month as I can without skipping periods.

You don't need your period if you aren't trying to get pregnant. It's just to prepare your body for a baby pretty much. It's why they make birth control meant to stop your body from having your period, you don't need it. It's not bad for you to not have your period. But if you want your period you need to still do the half cycle so you don't mess up the hormones that will allow you to get your period on time.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/05/06/per...struation/
http://www.arhp.org/publications-and-res...uppression
http://jezebel.com/5928316/a-brief-histo...to-have-it

I do wonder if this is fact. I'm curious what people's opinions are on this. We all should know by now that Western medicine/doctors does not equate to truth more often than not.

Our ancestors didn't get their periods like we do. Research suggests that we weren't even supposed to have our periods as much as we do. There should be a link to the time article in one of those other links I gave. I gave links to pretty much compiled data on all of the research done on women and ovulation or lack thereof. And if you need any more solid proof of the fact it's not bad to not ovulate every month to be completely healthy and "normal" there are women who literally don't get the period for years at a time without any underlying cause like PCOS, or endometriosis. My dads girlfriend for example gets her period about every 3 or so years and she had no problem conceiving and she's never had any other sort of problems with her reproductive system. There's really not anything different about her body according to all the tests compared to my younger cousins body who gets her period regularly and without issue, so why should we have to ovulate to be healthy if she doesn't and her body is literally no different in any testable way than ours? Not trying to be outright rude although I kind of feel like I'm being mean with the way I'm wording it, I just don't know how else to word it.

Very interesting! Well, that makes me feel better. When I was on bc I would go months without getting my period.

(27-02-2014, 12:08 AM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  
(26-02-2014, 11:25 PM)KardashianKurves Wrote:  
(26-02-2014, 10:20 PM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  
(26-02-2014, 09:25 PM)KardashianKurves Wrote:  
(26-02-2014, 03:49 PM)toosmall3 Wrote:  Sorry, let me clarify. I'm not post menopausal. I'm 25 but don't use any bc because my husband got a vasectomy after our 2nd baby. It wouldn't bother me to not have a period but as far as I know, it wouldn't be good health wise. So my goal is to take PM for as many days a month as I can without skipping periods.

You don't need your period if you aren't trying to get pregnant. It's just to prepare your body for a baby pretty much. It's why they make birth control meant to stop your body from having your period, you don't need it. It's not bad for you to not have your period. But if you want your period you need to still do the half cycle so you don't mess up the hormones that will allow you to get your period on time.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/05/06/per...struation/
http://www.arhp.org/publications-and-res...uppression
http://jezebel.com/5928316/a-brief-histo...to-have-it

I do wonder if this is fact. I'm curious what people's opinions are on this. We all should know by now that Western medicine/doctors does not equate to truth more often than not.

Our ancestors didn't get their periods like we do. Research suggests that we weren't even supposed to have our periods as much as we do. There should be a link to the time article in one of those other links I gave. I gave links to pretty much compiled data on all of the research done on women and ovulation or lack thereof. And if you need any more solid proof of the fact it's not bad to not ovulate every month to be completely healthy and "normal" there are women who literally don't get the period for years at a time without any underlying cause like PCOS, or endometriosis. My dads girlfriend for example gets her period about every 3 or so years and she had no problem conceiving and she's never had any other sort of problems with her reproductive system. There's really not anything different about her body according to all the tests compared to my younger cousins body who gets her period regularly and without issue, so why should we have to ovulate to be healthy if she doesn't and her body is literally no different in any testable way than ours? Not trying to be outright rude although I kind of feel like I'm being mean with the way I'm wording it, I just don't know how else to word it.

Very interesting! Well, that makes me feel better. When I was on bc I would go months without getting my period.

I think it's super interesting Tongue But I'm weird like that I guess? I don't know. I learned about it when I was missing periods, I was worried there was something wrong with my body since I wasn't having sex, but then I found out I had PCOS when one time I blacked out from cramps and the hospital did a sonogram on me. Even now my cycle is super "irregular" and I won't get my period every month when not on BC. I only get worried about it when I've had sex now. Thank goodness for research. Tongue But I think all of us here feel that way haha

(27-02-2014, 12:01 AM)KardashianKurves Wrote:  All of the herbs we take for NBE pose serious risks, and even topicals pose serious risks, it's why you have to cleanse your body every once in a while. [..]
And even besides that point you should have a balanced regimen in the first place so you don't become dominant in any one hormone.

Exactly. Smile

So if I choose to use PM all month, should I still use the PC for the last 15 days of my cycle? Or is it bad to use both at the same time?

(27-02-2014, 12:56 AM)toosmall3 Wrote:  So if I choose to use PM all month, should I still use the PC for the last 15 days of my cycle? Or is it bad to use both at the same time?

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=15046

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=17830

You should look at these posts to decide on a full regimen. YOu should take something to balance out the PM but I think you should take another strong progesterone herb and a hormone regulator of some kind in addition and take all 3 all month long. Read some threads around the site about building an effective program.

The herb that you should take with Pueraria Mirifica to balance it out is called Curcuma Comosa. You can probably get it on ebay, but you have to split up your dosages. Make sure to get a bottle of 60 PM and the CC is going to be a bit costly because you take 6 pills a day. So you'll take 3 CC with 1 PM in the morning (I like to combine mine with a few other of my supplements for added benefits) and then 3 CC and 1 PM at night.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon