Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Side effects of NBE supplements

I've never found that Saw Palmetto has any significant effect on the INR produced by warfarin. Grapefruit juice on the other hand needs to be treated with great caution since its effects are both substantial and unpredictable. So far as warfarin is concerned a great number of things are listed as having possible interactions, but I have found that many things that are listed don't have any effect, for me at any rate. One often overlooked category of pharmaceuticals that can have significant and unpredictable effects is antibiotics. I always try to check whether something new has relevant interactions. Itis also a good idea to have all your prescritions filled at the same pharmacy. By and large I have more faith in the ability of pharmacists to warn of significant interactions than GPs.

(12-01-2014, 10:35 PM)myboobs Wrote:  Wow !! I will certainly remeber the coriander recipe .
Other one to cleanse your liver is TUMERIC . This is a very potent herb used in south asian cooking and totally safe . The list of benefits are huge .
Other herb to look at is CINAMON . This is another wonder herb . A good kidney cleanser with multitude of other benefical effects .
Another one is BLACK SEEDS aka ONION SEEDS . The list is huge in terms of benefits .
Another BLACK JIRI . This was told to me by fellow herbal follower . I still have to read up on that .
Next on my list is going to be HIMALAYAN SALT . Replacing it with all other salts used in all consumption and also use it as bath salts in me jacuzi Smile

Tumeric seems to be the new wonder herb. And I also read the multiple things cinnamon can help with, from bad breath to cancer, its incredible. I'l look into black seed, theres been emails circulating about the wonders of that too! If only it were easy to access all of these wonder foodstuffs

(12-01-2014, 08:22 PM)Lotus~Aphrodité Wrote:  
(12-01-2014, 07:14 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Wonderful thread lotus. I had hoped someone would post something like this up.

Thanks ELLA,
I'm hoping people will share their experiences that will help others, i.e.

SAW PALMETTO- Possible Interactions
Finasteride(Proscar) -- Because saw palmetto may work similarly to finasteride (Proscar), you should not use this herb in combination with finasteride or other medications used to treat BPH unless directed to by your physician.
Antiplatelet and anticoagulant drugs (blood-thinners) -- Saw palmetto may affect the blood's ability to clot, and could interfere with blood-thinning drugs, including:
Warfarin (Coumadin)
Clopidogrel (Plavix)
Aspirin
Oral contraceptives and hormone replacement therapy -- Saw palmetto may reduce the number of estrogen and androgen receptors, and thus have hormone like effects. It may make oral contraceptives less effective, raising the risk of unplanned pregnancy.

Source: Saw palmetto | University of Maryland Medical Center http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/her...z2qDHZ7C1P
University of Maryland Medical Center
Follow us: @UMMC on Twitter | MedCenter on Facebook

Tibetan reported Alfalfa affects dental fillings in males sometime ago, for some reason I didn't forget it,lol.
Btw, I came across this- 9 steps to Detox from mercury fillings:

Cilantro — Studies have shown that cilantro or coriander ( Chinese parsley ) can help move mercury and other toxic metals out of the central nervous system for excretion through the urine or feces. To increase your intake of cilantro, Dr. Klinghardt suggests making this "pesto" to increase your intake of cilantro: http://customers.hbci.com/~wenonah/new/9steps.htm 9 steps to detox from mercury fillings

Well, I´m confused now. Does SP decrease estrogen ? That is new to me.

PM causes depression for me. Almost like a severe PMS. Same thing happened to me with BO. I've found that I need to balance it with PC & FG. If I decrease the FG, boom - depression sets in fast. Anyone else experience this?

(13-01-2014, 08:09 AM)danim Wrote:  Well, I´m confused now. Does SP decrease estrogen ? That is new to me.

It's just possible interactions. Wink

(13-01-2014, 02:54 PM)lostacres6 Wrote:  PM causes depression for me. Almost like a severe PMS. Same thing happened to me with BO. I've found that I need to balance it with PC & FG. If I decrease the FG, boom - depression sets in fast. Anyone else experience this?

Hi lostacres,

Just a thought!, have you ever gave any consideration to estrogen dominance?
http://www.drnorthrup.com/womenshealth/h...pic_id=118

Thanks Lotus for the site. I'm 11 yrs post menopausal. My hormone test revealed low estrogen. Does that still mean I'm estrogen dominent? I want to continue using PM - finally have some growth success with it. So what do I take to balance the PM (besides FG & PC)?

I've read that alternative therapies such as acupuncture, aromatherapy, and hypnosis have been helpful in post menopause, along with a diet rich in calcium and nutrients. Which I'm sure you know already, but here's some of that info:

The drawback of phytoestrogenic herbs, however, is that they continually add foreign estrogen-like substances to the body, making the body less able to produce its own estrogen. Therefore, if a woman takes phytoestrogenic herbs for a long time, she may wind up with less naturally-occurring estrogen than when she started.

http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/pos...tments.htm

So this may be old news for some, but genistein, daidzein, and coumestrol, inhibits aromatase.

I remember what Isabelle said about SP can reduce your ability to cope with stress.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon