Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pueraria Mirifica Dangerous? (8333% daily recommendation of Vitamin B12?)

Today I received Pueraria Mirifica in the mail from the company Nature's Answer, I ordered it off Amazon. I was reading the labels and I noticed it has 8333% of the recommended dose of Vitamin B12!! 500 mcg. Someone told me awhile ago that over 400% of a vitamin can be dangerous. Did anyone have problems taking it?

It depends on the source of the vitamin.... For example, vitamin A can cause a person to overdose if you get too much, but some foods provide vitamin A in the form of beta carotene, which the body has to convert the beta carotene into vitamin A, and your body will not convert it if you do not need it, thus you cannot overdose on beta carotene even though it is a source of Vitamin A.

I don't know if this is the same for B12 in PM, but I have not heard of anyone having any issues..

Okay, thank you Smile Also, the label says you shouldn't take it if you're under 20 because of the estrogen, but I'm 19. I thought I'd be okay to take it but my mom saw the bottle and threw a fit, saying I'm too young. What do you think?

And actually you're right. That brand of PM is NOT any good. It's got additives that are horrid and the PM source for that component, of which there's only 100mg, is questionable.

I do not recommend that brand. Ever. You should have done a search of this forum before choosing to buy that brand and see that there's a LOT of people saying not to use it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon