Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pueraria Mirifica made my breasts smaller???

(04-11-2013, 11:18 PM)LookingForward2NBE Wrote:  
(04-11-2013, 07:22 PM)isobasic pie='88076 Wrote:
(04-11-2013, 06:58 PM)LookingForward2NBE Wrote:  What you have been seeing is not loss of size but restructuring initially giving a more youthful appearance before size gains happen.

That's exactly what you want and hope for.

Take it for 6months+ and see when size gains start to occur. Don't forget to pay close attention as you want to take other products for balanced hormones vs. Just high estrogen.

Also even more important is to make sure your eating enough calories, if your losing weight that will hamper your results.

What exactly is 'restructuring' and why/how does it happen? :S

Basically, estrogen causes elongation and branching of glandular breast tissue. That's what happens when we hit puberty and we get breast buds. It also lays down the basement membrane structure for fat deposit or else there would be no where for the fat to sit. Testosterone the exact opposite and inhibit the formation of branching etc.

PM works to reestablish that branching leading to terminal branching formation which the growth your looking for, again for women who don't have high test.

So what you may see as loss of size could be a result of that process before it begins to expand. Also, I this can't be stressed enough and that is to consume clean sources of fat (rendered beef fat, rendered pork fat, coconut oil, real olive oil and not fake oo which is flavored corn oil that is typically sold in north America etc) and slow digested calories. You need to make sure you are NOT calorie deficient and lossing weight. Think back to when you were in puberty and your very huge appetite. There's a reason for it, u need calories for growth processes.

But why would an increase in branching make them seem smaller?

A breast life can your breasts look smaller as well. If the saggy tissue is raise to your upper chest, the cup size may down but overall volume might remain the same. Try it with your hands and see what a life will do to a cup size.

I actually stopped taking it...it was making me way too depressed to see my small breasts become smaller.

Question- about a year or two ago I was on YAZ birth control, and it was the only BC pill I have ever took that enlarged my breasts (I have also been on Alesse, Tri-Cyclen, Tri-Cyclen Lo and Yasmin). It made them huge- a full B/small C. I could fill out all my bras and have amazing cleavage. I think this is because YAZ is a progesterone pill, so should I take progesterone cream or sups?

I don't want to go back on the pill because it made me crazy lol

Also, tibetan113 mentioned hormone testing- where can I do that? My family doctor and local walk-in clinics don't know anything about that

Thanks for all your answers everyone

You get testing done with a requisition from your doctor. Problem is that a single point doesn't mean much especially just after your period. I feel the ideal time is 3-5days after ovulation. A 30d urine panel is best but not inexpensive.

Make sure you estrogen free and bound, progesterone and testosterone free and bound. You can also test your T3/T4 as well.

As for progesterone, tough call to be honest. I hear more and more women having trouble with breastfeeding - healthy educated women. I wonder if BC is having unrealized impact on glandular development. A womens period I feel is natural and meant to condition breasts for child birth and all this playing around we do to become regular, decrease pain and prevention of conception is having some side effects that are not looked at or discussed.

(04-11-2013, 11:18 PM)LookingForward2NBE Wrote:  
(04-11-2013, 07:22 PM)isobasic pie='88076 Wrote:
(04-11-2013, 06:58 PM)LookingForward2NBE Wrote:  What you have been seeing is not loss of size but restructuring initially giving a more youthful appearance before size gains happen.

That's exactly what you want and hope for.

Take it for 6months+ and see when size gains start to occur. Don't forget to pay close attention as you want to take other products for balanced hormones vs. Just high estrogen.

Also even more important is to make sure your eating enough calories, if your losing weight that will hamper your results.

What exactly is 'restructuring' and why/how does it happen? :S

Basically, estrogen causes elongation and branching of glandular breast tissue. That's what happens when we hit puberty and we get breast buds. It also lays down the basement membrane structure for fat deposit or else there would be no where for the fat to sit. Testosterone the exact opposite and inhibit the formation of branching etc.

PM works to reestablish that branching leading to terminal branching formation which the growth your looking for, again for women who don't have high test.

So what you may see as loss of size could be a result of that process before it begins to expand. Also, I this can't be stressed enough and that is to consume clean sources of fat (rendered beef fat, rendered pork fat, coconut oil, real olive oil and not fake oo which is flavored corn oil that is typically sold in north America etc) and slow digested calories. You need to make sure you are NOT calorie deficient and lossing weight. Think back to when you were in puberty and your very huge appetite. There's a reason for it, u need calories for growth processes.

Thank you for this post, this has helped set my mind a little at ease about my shrinkage.

Since I did have a hormone panel done (and everything came back normal), I will continue PM and just monitor everything. My breasts feel lighter and they don't fill out my bras as well, but with my hormones being normal (and me cycling the PM), maybe I'm just freaking over nothing.

I will start using a lightly concentrated progesterone cream along with the PM (I guess I can use a dab of pc with the PM or only take 1 PM a day, and then use only pc during my luteal phase). Maybe that will make a difference.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon