Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pueraria mirifica side effects?

Shocked 

I was wondering if the Pueraria mirifica has side effects as synthetic estrogens from birth control pills?such as thrombosis, breast cancer, blood clots, etc..
I am worried about this because I have a predisposition to blood clots because I have too much platelets and my blood is too thick, that's why I decided to stop taking my birth control pills...
I've read that phytoestrogens like soy had no side effects, but if the Pueraria is a phytoestrogen why it gives us headaches then?Huh

pm. has been linked to all the above. and so has higher progesterones . you must brcome a google research professional before starting nbe

(25-06-2013, 06:03 AM)ab101bab Wrote:  pm. has been linked to all the above. and so has higher progesterones . you must brcome a google research professional before starting nbe

You should be providing sources if you are making such bold claims. I have been unable to find ANY evidence that PM had produced such effects, and I am far from the only one to say so. Baseless claims are no help to anyone and PM is not processed by the body in the same way as synthetics.

(24-06-2013, 12:24 PM)cristin343 Wrote:  I was wondering if the Pueraria mirifica has side effects as synthetic estrogens from birth control pills?such as thrombosis, breast cancer, blood clots, etc..
I am worried about this because I have a predisposition to blood clots because I have too much platelets and my blood is too thick, that's why I decided to stop taking my birth control pills...
I've read that phytoestrogens like soy had no side effects, but if the Pueraria is a phytoestrogen why it gives us headaches then?Huh

(25-06-2013, 06:23 PM)Lisia Wrote:  
(25-06-2013, 06:03 AM)ab101bab Wrote:  pm. has been linked to all the above. and so has higher progesterones . you must brcome a google research professional before starting nbe

You should be providing sources if you are making such bold claims. I have been unable to find ANY evidence that PM had produced such effects, and I am far from the only one to say so. Baseless claims are no help to anyone and PM is not processed by the body in the same way as synthetics.

In fact PM has been strongly linked with anti-oxidant and other anti-cancer properties.

As for the blood stuff... Actually the ONLY estrogen that's been properly studied and directly linked to those problems is premarin. Pregnant Horse Urine. It's the earliest way we figured out to supplement a woman's estrogens when she wasn't producing enough on her own, but it's also the least safe way.

Even if you do use premarin, taking it sublingually has been show to significantly reduce the risks because it has something to do with first pass of the liver.

PM shouldn't have any of that.

So none of the risks associated with other estrogens and actually a powerful anti-cancer... Sorry ab101bab... If I felt like it I COULD back this up. But I'll let you google it and find out for yourself.

(26-06-2013, 12:05 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  As for the blood stuff... Actually the ONLY estrogen that's been properly studied and directly linked to those problems is premarin. Pregnant Horse Urine.

A minor correction. The name premarin comes from PREgnant MARe's urINe. It's a fine point, but one I always found interesting and a little disgusting.

(26-06-2013, 03:54 AM)MonikaT Wrote:  
(26-06-2013, 12:05 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  As for the blood stuff... Actually the ONLY estrogen that's been properly studied and directly linked to those problems is premarin. Pregnant Horse Urine.

A minor correction. The name premarin comes from PREgnant MARe's urINe. It's a fine point, but one I always found interesting and a little disgusting.

LOL! NOW who's being obstinate! A mare is just a female horse, so... MEH!

I realized after I hit post what I'd said and what I'd meant and was just too lazy to bother with such a pedantic correction.

And yes. It is rather gross. And evil. In too many ways.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon