Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I'm a WIP (Work In Progress)

When I took the fennel, I noticed pains and aches and plumpness, but I was also taking other things with it. The other thing is that I was eating the cooking fennel rather than a pill, hoping there would be more potency. It's definitely gross to eat alone but I grew accustomed to the taste, taking about 2 tablespoons a day. I'd like to take the fenugreek but I don't know if I could tolerate the smell. I also don't want to go too over the top with progesterone and risk messing myself up along the way. Right now I'm just doing the pc and massage, up until my next cycle to see how things are progressing. If I don't see much happening, I may tie in the fennel again.

(19-06-2013, 11:24 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(19-06-2013, 10:39 PM)ssamantha8390 Wrote:  I thought Fennel increased progesterone and prolactin? So wouldn't that be fine if she is estrogen dominant? I'm wondering because I believe I'm estrogen dominant as well and I would rather not take Fennel if it promotes an increase in estrogen.

My understanding is that it does all three. Which is why I'm using fenugreek instead, since it only boosts the effects but not the numbers. And it DOES boost prolactin in numbers.

Oh ok, that's good to know, thanks. I took Fenugreek for awhile, and I had really great swelling/tingles/soreness so I believe it was working. Unfortunately, it also gave me migraines. Anyways, I was looking for an alternative to Fenugreek that raised prolactin and progesterone without raising estrogen as well. I read in Isabelle's Herbs List on here, that Fennel only increased progesterone/prolactin, which is why I thought it might be better for me at reducing headaches. I think I might try it out anyways and see if the headaches ensue. I'm assuming estrogen is the issue, but honestly, I'm not even sure which hormone it is that was causing my migraines lol. I've read that estrogen, progesterone and prolactin can all be implicated in causing headaches. Hormones are so confusing sometimes Huh

I received more progesterone in the mail from Swanson. I've noticed some dull pain in both breasts for the past 24 hours from the massage, but I've also noticed my full look has gone away since I stopped taking the Perfect Curves pills and cream. It's disheartening, sure, but I've got a new plan to stick to right now. So far it feels promising, we'll see if it looks promising later on. I'm wondering if this Swanson Menogest PC will be as oily as my current PC.

(20-06-2013, 08:30 PM)Gawku Wrote:  I received more progesterone in the mail from Swanson. I've noticed some dull pain in both breasts for the past 24 hours from the massage, but I've also noticed my full look has gone away since I stopped taking the Perfect Curves pills and cream. It's disheartening, sure, but I've got a new plan to stick to right now. So far it feels promising, we'll see if it looks promising later on. I'm wondering if this Swanson Menogest PC will be as oily as my current PC.

Which PC have you been using? Source Naturals? If so... it's worse. The Source Naturals almost fully absorbs for me, the Menogest does not, leaving an oily coating on my skin rather than just making my skin feel slightly more oily with a light film. I've gone ahead and switched over to Source Naturals despite the slightly higher cost for this reason. I can tolerate the film much more than the coating. I just use it like I would a morning moisturizer on those areas I use it, not putting any additional moisturizer on those areas. It actually works better than my regular moisturizer anyways as a moisturizer.

(20-06-2013, 08:49 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Which PC have you been using? Source Naturals? If so... it's worse. The Source Naturals almost fully absorbs for me, the Menogest does not, leaving an oily coating on my skin rather than just making my skin feel slightly more oily with a light film. I've gone ahead and switched over to Source Naturals despite the slightly higher cost for this reason. I can tolerate the film much more than the coating. I just use it like I would a morning moisturizer on those areas I use it, not putting any additional moisturizer on those areas. It actually works better than my regular moisturizer anyways as a moisturizer.

Right now I'm using Life-Flo brand Progesta-Care without phytoestrogen. It definitely leaves a light film that feels oily, which is tolerable especially because it's unscented. The film actually comes in handy between applications to me because I'm still lightly "lubed" whenever I feel like going back and massaging a bit more. I'll dab access off or apply it to others areas before bed. I'm not familiar with Menogest, But it looks like a popular seller on Swanson so I gave it a shot. I massage until all I can feel is a light film, do you think because the cream isn't fully absorbed that I'm not getting the hormone?

I have a feeling that NONE of the brands are going to really fully absorb, they're all going to leave at LEAST a light film of oiliness behind... Which ought to be OK since it seems to be common for all...

I'm not sure I like that the Menogest leaves so much unabsorbed though. It just doesn't seem right... It's possible we're getting less of the hormone, or it may just be a bad choice of some of the carriers and it's only those that aren't being absorbed...

I really don't know... But I still don't like it.

The Source Naturals does have a scent to it... it's kinda floral, and Doll described it as "smelling of old lady". I don't think it's THAT bad, but I think Doll wasn't terribly fond of floral scents... lol.

The Menogest also has a smell to it, and that is outright medicinal smelling. If anything I'd equate the Menogest to being "old person" smelling much more than the Source Naturals. Just because of the purely medicinal smell it seems to leave all over you.

I think I made a good choice with the Life-Flo, it measures right at 20mg of progesterone per pump, which from what I understand is important to keep from doing anything dangerous. The whole point of taking PC right now is to hopefully equal out my hormones, anything that happens with it is a plus in my book. I might ease up on how much I apply to my breasts, since absorption in that area is sluggish. I'll apply to my wrists and such as suggested to keep the hormones flowing!

I've been continuing with my current plan, but it's occurred to me, how will I know if my hormones have balanced? I can't afford testing to show me how I'm doing. This is very much a trial and error situation. Balancing will have to occur every cycle I assume, since I've always seemed to have this problem.

I decided to measure myself again today.
Hip: 38"
waist: 26 1/2"
under bust: 27 1/2"
bust: 31 1/2 "
over bust: 31 1/2 "
Well, I'm definitely filling out on the tops and insides from the massage, even though I've gone down they look plump all over now, not just on the bottom and sides, which is good to me. My boyfriend mentioned last night that they look "so much perkier" than they've looked in the past. I'm really glad it's noticeable. I still fit in my B bra right now, I wonder if the fullness has anything to do with that.
Plan:
PILLS: Still taking collagen, 3 pills twice daily, morning and night.
TOPICAL: Still taking 20 mg of PC twice daily, morning and night. I apply 20 mg to wrists and neck in the morning, and apply 20 mg to breasts and chest and massage for 20 minutes at night.
MASSAGE: Morning I massage without any lube for about a half hour, at night I massage with the PC for about 20 minutes.
Any breast pain I get is far more noticeable at night when I'm laying in bed before sleep. Ovulation should be coming up in the next couple days, and then I'll be in luteal, where my natural progesterone will start to kick in. I'm interested to see what happens the next couple of weeks. I'm even more interested in seeing if any growth occurs from the swelling.

I've noticed over the past couple days how much my mood has improved. I haven't shown a great deal of interest in anything for a long time. Now I'm more talkative with coworkers, I'm interested in TV (I'm loving Sherlock and Chuck), I haven't been craving a lot of sugary foods like I usually do (tried to have a slice of apple pie and I didn't like it), and I'm sleeping better (not worrying about whether I'll sleep or not) I know symptoms of ED are depression and anxiety, which I struggle with a lot. I've also noticed my face is breaking out on my forehead a bit, along with my cheeks. I haven't had a breakout in those places in years. If I'm having a breakout, then I assume it's related to the progesterone. Ovulation should be here by now, and I'm waiting eagerly for what the Luteal phase will bring me. I generally had mild swelling in only the second week of Luteal, which would quickly pass when menses came. I'm really surprised by how ED has affected me though. My hands and feet used to be frozen all the time, memory problems and hazy thinking used to be the norm for me, bloating and fatigue is becoming less severe. It's great!

I feel like I should make some program changes when my next cycle comes. Clearly, I'll keep the PC during Luteal, and possibly a week beforehand. I may add some fennel during Luteal, since I still have some I could use. As for follicular, I'm debating adding a week of some kind of estrogen, just to heighten or elevate my hormones a little further. What the next 3 weeks brings will determine my next move.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon