Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Noogleberry for lips! possible lip enlargement thread?

(13-06-2013, 09:09 PM)*Iona* Wrote:  Ab101bab you have nice lips already :)

I just ordered the luscious lips, I'll update once it arrives

Aww Thank you :)

haha i knew about the shot glass thing but my lips are fat maybe a little more sometimes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(13-06-2013, 11:19 PM)BonitaDDs Wrote:  haha i knew about the shot glass thing but my lips are fat maybe a little more sometimes

Your lips are gorgeous!

I'm sorry ladies I did not see this thread before you went and ordered Luscious Lips! Yes it works, but I heard that 1) they can break easily and 2) the red dye comes off around the mouth upon use (this second thing was noted most frequently).

Here is a thread of a previous discussion about lip pumps:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=14396&highlight=rateset+lips

I have not purchased the Luscious Lips myself, but from what I have read and posted above, I like mine (Jolie Lip Plumper--see http://www.cosmesearch.com/jolielips/index.html ) sooooo much because 1) it does not pull the skin around the mouth so there is no risk of broken capillaries there or stretching out the skin there as is the problem with the shot glass method 2) it is made of a rubber material and has no dye to rub off, unlike Luscious Lips which has dye and is breakable because it is plastic 3) it is small enough to fit in my purse!!!! The ball/base of the plumper fits in the palm of my hand, to give you an idea of its size. It has a circumference of 10inches total at the widest point.

I. Just. Love. It.
And it is cheaper than Luscious Lips.
Luscious Lips: $49.95
Jolie Lip Plumper: $22.95

If anyone wants before and after photos of my Jolie Lip Plumper on my lips, give a holler. I just would need to set aside some time to take them Tongue The Jolie Lip Plumper really makes a big difference, and a beautiful look!

Cool idea with the baby bottle lid! And on the thread above, there is also the topic of lip topicals brought up for those of you who were asking about it. There are some that are NOT safe for your lips (long term damage, because these glosses contain irritants) and there are some that ARE safe. Listed in the other thread.

EDIT:
In the link that Iona posted, there are multiple reviews of Luscious Lips. Some users speak of broken capillaries around the mouth, and some speak of it breaking. They all say that you need to moisturize, but somehow I have never needed to do so. I do see one user who briefly mentions that the Jolie Lip Plumper was a "waste of money" but does not say why, at all. Either 1) she had no idea how to use the device and I suppose, from the looks of it, Luscious Lips is more idiot proof (lol) 2) she could be a wonderful promoter of Luscious Lips in disguise, considering she did not spend any time venting about the "waste of money." All I know is that it works for me and see all my points above!

BonnitaDD, your lips ate to die for!!!

Timarie, your reply is really helpfull. I will be careful not to over do it to avoid broken capillaries and after your comments about the die I might try and out something around the edges to try and stop the dye rubbing off.

I actually saw the lip pump that you have but kinda dismissed it. I would love to see your before and afters if you have time to post some?

Hi,

Just to update, I received my luscious lips pump about 2 weeks ago and have been using it almost daily, I was pretty careful not to overdo it to begin with and I'm pleased to say I haven't had any broken capillaries. The effects don't stay for that long at the moment but I'm hoping over time they will last longer. I'm not really sure why there is the problems with these breaking as they seem to be a pretty simple device, if mine does break I will try the jolie lip pump, but for now I am happy with this one.

I have been moisturising my lips regularly, I don't really know if that is making a difference or not though

The Jolie Lips sounds amazing! WHERE can I buy one?!

I've been researching how negative pressure could increase tissue in an area, more specifically the effects of negative pressure wound therapy. Unfortunately I've found nothing on lips. For a while I thought that the fact that negative pressure works on breasts, it could work on lips but lips move a lot and there isn't much fat in lips to begin with.

So I started wondering the difference between fat cells and tissue. The studies say it can encourage tissue growth, but does it reffer to epithelial tissue or connective tissue(in specific: Collagenous: made of collagen). If lips have fat cells, does the negative pressure do anything to encourage fat cell division? And then I spend thirty minutes trying to find out what is inside of the lips and I found nothing. None of the anatomical pictures showed me specifically what.

Anyway, lets assume there is a nice layer of fat in the lips. "The application of micromechanical forces on cells has been demonstrated as a useful method with which to stimulate wound healing through the promotion of cell division, angiogenesis( development of new blood vessels), and local elaboration of growth factors (Saxena et al, 2004, 2007)" and ” Negative pressure therapy to the breast may demonstrate similar effects of angiogenesis, cell division, and up-regulation of growth factors in the breast recipient site."

I've concluded these pumps could work. They certainly do work temporarily, as stated before, but can they do anything long term is the question. I don't want to spend the rest of my life pumping my lips and I'm hoping that the pump I bought has enough pressure to cause fat cell division and tissue growth.

http://soumyaabsolutebeauty.blogspot.com...akeup.html

I found a blog about using emu or fish oil mixed with castor oil topically to increase fat growth in the lips. She says "emu oil and fish oil contain high amounts of Omega-3's which are proven to stimulate fat growth in certain area's when applied." and that ''Castor oil is an oil which penetrates each layer of skin much more effectively than many other oils. This helps bring the Omega 3's where you want them.'' The problem is that none of these claims have been proven to work on the lips, like the penetration ability of castor oil. Those tests were probably done on the skin which differs wildly from the lips! Lips don't have pores, hair, nor can they sweat. Skin has 14 cell levels whereas lips only have 5.

So many questions, ifs and buts. Unfortunately most of us are just civilians without lab rats and microscopes so we try things with a blind eye or fuzzy science at best.

If I can be consistent enough, I'll try to keep a meticulous record of the things I do for my lips and upload in a few weeks, complete with pictures. I will be trying regular suction and a nightly application of castor and fish oil(I will not use emu oil, don't have any). The goal of these records to be is that as many variables as possible are eliminated but since my pump doesn't have a pressure gauge, nor do I know how to install one, there are gonna be several variables haha

(14-06-2013, 05:53 AM)timarie Wrote:  I have not purchased the Luscious Lips myself, but from what I have read and posted above, I like mine (Jolie Lip Plumper--see http://www.cosmesearch.com/jolielips/index.html ) sooooo much because 1) it does not pull the skin around the mouth so there is no risk of broken capillaries there or stretching out the skin there as is the problem with the shot glass method 2) it is made of a rubber material and has no dye to rub off, unlike Luscious Lips which has dye and is breakable because it is plastic 3) it is small enough to fit in my purse!!!! The ball/base of the plumper fits in the palm of my hand, to give you an idea of its size. It has a circumference of 10inches total at the widest point.

I. Just. Love. It.

I have tried both, luscious lips and jolie lip plumper, they both have advantages and disadvantages.
1) your first point is actually not an advantage for me, yes it does not pull the skin around the mouth, but the hole is for my lips just too small. there is another sort of a pump which comes in 2 sizes, that is the trouble with jolie lips-its not one size fits all. this third type is called CandyLipz http://candylipz.com/lip-plumper-products/lip-pumps, but it is simply overpriced and at the moment not avalilable. luscious lips has also a little bit bigger hole.
2)yes, rubber is better, my luscious lips did break (you can glue it again, but it would be off course much better if it would just stay in one piece), but on the other side you can clean/wash lusciuos lips and that is not that simple with jolie lips or candylipz
3) they are actually all too big for the purse

and as for the price luscious lips and jolie lip actually cost more or less the same, at noogleberry the price was also around 20$ and at ebay even less.

And my experience:
I have been using the pump since march very intensively, but it is not like the breast pumps that you can leave on for 30min or so, you have to repeat it as often as possible, but you cannot do longer sessions. So I tried doing it as often as possible and actually I think I do notice a difference, but it is not as much as I want, I still want a bit more. After doing it for a while the swelling stays longer around. I also do not know what would happen if I would stop pumping, I am not stopping at the moment since I want more and actually I am only trying to change my upper lip, since it is much thinner than the bottom lip and that part works.

I think for the mechanical methods you have to invest really a lot of time, but it does work. I am also using the clips to change the shape of my nose and it also works, but very, very slowly, it will take at least 6monts, maybe even a year and I am doing it like for at least 12hours every day.

(07-08-2013, 02:10 PM)rateset Wrote:  
(14-06-2013, 05:53 AM)timarie Wrote:  I have not purchased the Luscious Lips myself, but from what I have read and posted above, I like mine (Jolie Lip Plumper--see http://www.cosmesearch.com/jolielips/index.html ) sooooo much because 1) it does not pull the skin around the mouth so there is no risk of broken capillaries there or stretching out the skin there as is the problem with the shot glass method 2) it is made of a rubber material and has no dye to rub off, unlike Luscious Lips which has dye and is breakable because it is plastic 3) it is small enough to fit in my purse!!!! The ball/base of the plumper fits in the palm of my hand, to give you an idea of its size. It has a circumference of 10inches total at the widest point.

I. Just. Love. It.

I have tried both, luscious lips and jolie lip plumper, they both have advantages and disadvantages.
1) your first point is actually not an advantage for me, yes it does not pull the skin around the mouth, but the hole is for my lips just too small. there is another sort of a pump which comes in 2 sizes, that is the trouble with jolie lips-its not one size fits all. this third type is called CandyLipz http://candylipz.com/lip-plumper-products/lip-pumps, but it is simply overpriced and at the moment not avalilable. luscious lips has also a little bit bigger hole.
2)yes, rubber is better, my luscious lips did break (you can glue it again, but it would be off course much better if it would just stay in one piece), but on the other side you can clean/wash lusciuos lips and that is not that simple with jolie lips or candylipz
3) they are actually all too big for the purse

and as for the price luscious lips and jolie lip actually cost more or less the same, at noogleberry the price was also around 20$ and at ebay even less.

And my experience:
I have been using the pump since march very intensively, but it is not like the breast pumps that you can leave on for 30min or so, you have to repeat it as often as possible, but you cannot do longer sessions. So I tried doing it as often as possible and actually I think I do notice a difference, but it is not as much as I want, I still want a bit more. After doing it for a while the swelling stays longer around. I also do not know what would happen if I would stop pumping, I am not stopping at the moment since I want more and actually I am only trying to change my upper lip, since it is much thinner than the bottom lip and that part works.

I think for the mechanical methods you have to invest really a lot of time, but it does work. I am also using the clips to change the shape of my nose and it also works, but very, very slowly, it will take at least 6monts, maybe even a year and I am doing it like for at least 12hours every day.

So of both pumps which worked best and gave you faster/better results? Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon