Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM absorbtion (internal)

Heart 

Hi! Was wondering about the best way for PM to be fully absorbed by the body (capsule form). Some suggest warm milk, some suggest cool water and so on. I've read different things from different websites.. some suggest warmth interferes with the digestive process and absorption, while cold aids it. Some say the complete opposite! Any info or personal preference that you've seen to work best would be much appreciated (warm, cool, water, milk, soymilk)

Ciao

Oh! And I've also read that opening the capsule and letting the contents dissolve or melt under the tongue works great due to the skin/ membranes being super thin there. Any info?

Hi there,

I had heard that warm is better than cold, because before your body can start sending the fluids you drink into areas needing replenishment, your body first must warm the fluids up to body temperature.

Buuut with that said, that is a regular function of the body and I wouldn't think it would affect how much of a substance you absorb, as your liver will still process it the same way.

I think it'd be most effective to take PM on an empty stomach, either with a full glass of water or a full glass of milk. I don't think you can ever get too much milk! And you'll want to up your protein for growth

Based on Chinese medicine philosophy, warm is always better then cold.

With respect to milk, only if PM is fat soluble and if it was been known to cause stomach where a fat could minimize any discomfort. Even then it would depend on whether it was homogenized, 2 or 1% or skim. For PM, don't think it matters any.

As for that comment about you can never get too much milk. I fully disagree and that milk boards notion that milk does a body good is nonsense. We are the only species that drinks another animals milk (very unnatural process), there is ZERO reasoning behind drinking milk past 2yrs of life and should only breast milk. For dairy... Should only be organic non hormone non medicated cows injected milk and unpasteurized ... Which is illegal. The pasteurization strips all the beneficial enzymes and life out of milk leaving it just a sugary contaminated beverage with some protein ansd calcium. In my opinion, its actually unhealthy to consume it, leads to heart disease, osteo thinning and loss of bone etc. The very things its suppose to be good for.

Why are we one of the most unhealthy species on the planet, one of the only species that suffers bone loss and yet only species consuming vast quantities of another milk well past weaning???? How do cultures that rarely consume milk not have calcium issues? Why do other primate species not drink milk in childhood or adulthood and not have bone issues?

If you open your mind to accepting milk is not healthy and think of it critically, you'll see its madness to continue to drink it. I've made the switch to almond milk.

To be successful with nbe, your body needs calcium and protein. These, along with many other nutrients and vitamins of course, are vital.

Yes, there are many healthier alternatives to cow milk, I drink both almond and soy milk, BUT if cow milk is what you have in your house hold, you are better off drinking it than having nothing at all.

One must use judgement when someone says something on the internet, because there are also many studies that will be against this. Especially saying that milk leads to bone loss. I don't think so.
As for comparing human beings to another species, the milk we drink throughout life is not the only way we differ from animals. We do need different nutritional properties from animals - many eat only greens, many eat only raw meat, and neither of those diets would sustain human well-being and life. Yes, there are vegetarians that do not eat meat like some animals, but they still need to get protein from another source to remain in good mental and physical health, unlike animals. It is not good to overgeneralize from one species to another, because we are considered different species for a reason. And trust me on this, anyone who is facing heart disease is eating many things worse than milk. Probably all the cream in the mass amounts of coffee that western culture likes to drink --> they'd be much better off with milk! and as for the cultures that rarely consume milk not having calcium issues, this has not been properly proven because most of these people are in developing countries and have a much shorter life expectancy(!!) than people in developed countries, so bone loss never develops fully OR they don't live for it to get to that point OR their health status is found to be a result of many other nutritional factors. Bone loss is far from their main concern so it is likely not studied much.

So yea, milk isn't the best COMPARED to other options, but to say milk is no good at all is not a fair or well-studied statement. If milk is what is available to you then it is wise to accept it rather than nothing at all. If you have healthier options, then definitely, go for them.
As a consumer, of the internet and of the foods you choose to eat/buy, it is your responsibility to use your judgement, to find information from reputable sources, and to choose what works best for your overall health and economic (money) situation. Enough about that though...................

As for better absorption, I have also heard that taking it with a bit of honey can help! And if honey does not in fact help with the absorption of PM, it does help the body absorb calcium better, which as I said above is a mineral that will help tremendously with NBE.

You may also want to consider something for good circulation and cardio-vascular health, such as ginkgo, damiana (my fave), or cayenne supplements (which would counteract all the artery clogging and heart disease that milk, combined with many other things, may contribute to).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon