Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

herbal nbe and birth control?

hey Smile

Im using herbal pills along with a cream and suction method for my nbe, Im worried about any possible interactions with my birth control pill. at the moment i am taking both the bcp and nbe but using condoms through fear of the herbs making my birth control ineffective.. does anyone know if this is possible?

would it be better to choose between the two, or perhaps take just fenugreek instead of a blend of herbs in pill form? im using the breast actives program which I think is a rather low dosage of herbs from what ive read on here, but i love the cream it comes with and they seem to be reducing my pmt so wouldn't mind sticking with them if its ok to do so. For some reason i dont feel comfortable talking to my doctor about this so if anyone can give me some advice id be very greatful x

Hi,

I don't know for sure but when I was researching this on the web all sites stated that the interaction between hormonal NBE products and hormonal contraceptives was a possibility. My naturopath also told me not to use Vitex while on the pill.

My impression from this information is that there is no scientific proof or evidence that ingesting herbal remedies interacts with the pill (or that it's very rare), but that you should use an extra method of birth control just in case.

I have chosen not to take meds for this reason. Instead I am using flaxseed oil for massage once a day and trying to follow a healthy diet.

Hope this answers your question!

Thankyou, thats a great help Smile I think i'll continue using extra precautions! I got the same impression from the little information there is out there, there doesnt seem to be any proof but it can't be ruled out either. Thanks and good luck x

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon