Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Oral or Topical??

Quote:I hear you about unwilling doctors. I went to mine, told her all of which hormones I wanted to be tested, and she told me that if she ran a test for PCOS that all my hormones would be tested. Ugh I am so annoyed because, although she told me that all my hormones were tested and I was completely balanced, I cannot find estrogen anywhere on my test results, and after a week of trying to get through to doctor, I finally was told by her assistant that estrogen WASN'T run and that she would order me another test. Oh great, so I can wait another month. I have my whole program made but wanted to wait to see many results first before I bought anything. This whole process took 2 months already, and I have taken my time doing research. I am done waiting and ready to start, and I am so incredibly LIVID at how my doctor so completely disregarded my requests! I hate how, just because they don't understand our purpose or agree with it, they think that they have the right to have less respect for our requests, and to act upon it. When I was hoping that she'd have great respect for me wanting to be careful, I got the opposite. Sorry, getting off my soap box now... it is just frustrating because I am ready and have to wait for them to conveniently plan more appointments for me to make to their office Sounds like $$$ to me...

Oh what a hassle, I feel your frustration!! I think part of the problem is that we do all this research and can clearly see how a hormone imbalance can be affecting many different aspects of our life, but the doctor doesn't understand that it is the first compound of many problems that are causing more problems and it is just a vicious reverse-pyramid cycle.
When I asked for the hormone test and gave some reasons, my doctor switched it over to the fact that I have anxiety, said that I have been trying to deal with that for awhile and that my hormone levels wouldn't say anything but that I should consider counselling or anxiety medication . . no thanks!!! Rediculous. Anxiety and an overstimulated sympathetic nervous system (governs fight or flight response) are issues caused by issues caused by hormone imbalances. This may not be the true root, I am working on the mental aspects of it, but I'd much rather try balancing my hormones than going on medications!
Oh well.... I have learned that I just need to speak up and be firm when dealing with my doctor, and not feel intimidated and shrink away from what I want/need. Whatevs.

(01-03-2013, 07:12 PM)Outofstyle Wrote:  Anxiety and an overstimulated sympathetic nervous system (governs fight or flight response) are issues caused by issues caused by hormone imbalances. This may not be the true root, I am working on the mental aspects of it, but I'd much rather try balancing my hormones than going on medications!
Oh well.... I have learned that I just need to speak up and be firm when dealing with my doctor, and not feel intimidated and shrink away from what I want/need. Whatevs.

The real truth of the matter is that almost EVERYTHING involved in the human body is hormonally governed. Part of why women TEND to be better at taking care of themselves - they are (generally) more attuned with their endocrine system than men.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon