Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fenugreek confusion!

I have been taking 5 x 610mg fenugreek for the last month and recently ran out, so found a website which advertises "high strength" 3200mg capsules.

I have been taking these for just over a week, and have noticed the aches and pains have disappeared and not much happening.

Last night i discovered on the box, it says "800mg equivalent to a 3200mg seed". As these have not been effective and are supposed to be a higher dosage than previously taking 5 pills, (3200mg vs 3050mg) I am wondering if this really is a 3200mg dosage or something closer to the actual 800mg?

http://www.superfit.co.uk/superfit-fenug...sules.html

This is the product in question.

I have now started to take two of these, and within 12 hours the pains are back again.

I'm really confused!

1st.. If you found a fenugreek source that your body is responding to, I highly suggest you stick with it versus going to another vendor.

2nd. A 4:1 extract of fenugreek in theory would be equivalent if the extraction process was pulling out all the compounds or at least the one your body was responding too.

The one product you mentioned is not a standardized extract and is a simple 4:1, by that I mean it isn't tested for any 1 or 2 compounds or class of compounds at say a certain %. As you are finding biologically, it isn't neceassarily the same thing as simply as taking fewer capsules due to an extraction.

For all you know, the substance that was causing potential growth pains was "extracted out" of the final extract opowder and now that source of super FG is useless for what you are hoping to do...

Hope that answers your questions.

Oh yeah, and taking more then 1 capsule may not be wise either.. Since you'd be taking a dose equivalent to 6400mg.

FG has teststerone influences as well so you could be taking unwanted androgens like substances, for which that product is geared towards and marketed. If the extraction was tailored to males specifically, then that might be another reason for lack of positive biofeedback.... I doubt very very highly it would be extracted for androgenic potential as it would have been standardized % which is significantly more valuable.

Thank you for your reply.

This is something I hadn't really thought about. I was only switching brand because the 3200mg capsule was a cheaper option.

Although you are saying the extracts could be different, both state that the extract is; Trigonella foenum-graecum.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=225&prodid=507&cid=169

This is my original choice ^

Also, the "superfit" one does list relieving menstrual pain as a benefit so may not be solely intended for men and does say take one or two capsules per day.

Although I have listened to what you have said, I have 2 boxes so will use those up before repurchasing the previous brand of fenugreek that I used in December.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon