Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Do the herbal NBEs cause intestinal issues?

I am 41 years old and I started on a NBE routine for 2 reasons. One, to reduce and hopefully stop the perimenopause symptoms I started having and two, to make my breasts grow larger. I thought I must have a lot to tackle since my hormones are working against me now as it is. It's been one entire month and now I've started getting diarrhea. I really can't understand it. Why would this start happening now? It's been working so well this past month and I really don't want to stop taking the supplements. I can't narrow down which of the items is causing it. The diarrhea doesn't seem to have a specific time of day. It just happens if I ever need to do a #2. It also doesn't occur all day long. It's the same time I would normally have to go to the bathroom, just alarmingly all water or not well formed. Sorry for the grossness. I am just alarmed at this happening all of the sudden.

I started a regimen as follows and have followed it strictly for 1 full month.

morning: (empty stomach)
1 500 mg Ainterol PM

evening: (after dinner)
1 400 mg spearmint leaf (to block androgens)
1 Simply One Woman's one a day vitamin with 30mg Vitex

Everything has been going so well so far, and even all my perimenopausal symptoms have completely gone away. My breasts appear to be growing, yet very slowly and not enough to go up to a new bra size just yet. They were deflated looking before and now they are taking shape again like I was younger. My only gripe is they kind of droop slightly (not too bad) from weight gain over the years and the nipples kind of point sideways a bit.

Anyway, what am I doing wrong, and how can I correct this intestinal issue without stopping the supplements? I am growing and I am feeling 100% better as well. I don't want to reduce or change anything, so I am at a loss. Has anyone had this type of side effect before?

Xera

Well, you could have a sensitive ie reactive food reaction to 1 of the herbs.

I would suggest you do a 3d withdrawl from all the herbs, introduce 1 herb at a time for a week and determine if you have a sensitive to 1 of them and then .. try a different vendor for that 1 reactive herb. If you still continue to get a reaction, substitute for another herb that has the same benefits you were looking to get with it.

more than likely it's the PM. Same thing happened to me and several others when we first started it. PM increases intestinal contractions amd thus flow. Ramp up slowly over the next month or two. Break you capsule in half and add half of it to a glass of milk or water or even on your food. The taste is manageable. Start with 250 for a couple days (maybe like 4) then ramp up to 500, then 750 then 1000 per day. If you get problems, go back down to your previous amount. I can take PM no problem now! Your body will get used to it. Hope I helped. (:

(17-01-2013, 03:17 PM)Run.Rabbit Wrote:  more than likely it's the PM. Same thing happened to me and several others when we first started it. PM increases intestinal contractions amd thus flow. Ramp up slowly over the next month or two. Break you capsule in half and add half of it to a glass of milk or water or even on your food. The taste is manageable. Start with 250 for a couple days (maybe like 4) then ramp up to 500, then 750 then 1000 per day. If you get problems, go back down to your previous amount. I can take PM no problem now! Your body will get used to it. Hope I helped. (:

I am starting to suspect this also. Right before I posted this thread I put off taking the morning capsule until later. My digestive tract seemed fine all morning. Then I decided to take it later on. Immediately after taking it the diarrhea started again. So this must be the culprit. It seems to have stopped happening with the night time pill, but its still happening with the morning one. I had to stop eating eggs in the morning to see if it would clear up & I bet its the PM instead.

Thanks Lookingforward and Runrabbit. I am going to try to carefully adjust to the PM. Not sure why it only just started affecting me now. LOL It had all month to start acting up. hehe

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon