Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Mexican Wild Yam Cream - Progesterone or Phyto-Estrogen?

Hey,

I'm brand new to this site and have been taking PM for the past several days and massaging for 20 minutes morning/evening daily.

I have bought some Mexican Wild Yam Cream believing it was a progesterone cream however on the package it states phyto-estrogen. When I search online I receive differing answers.

I dont want to use this cream at the wrong time of the month and stunt my growth! Sad can anyone help?

It's often called a progestrone because the diosgenin in wild yam can be synthesized into progesterone in a lab. Your body cannot do this and diosgenin is not progesterone. And the synthetic progesterone created in this way is not wild yam anymore and is not natural.

It's often called an phytoestrogen because of the effects it can have in women. But this is not a direct phytoestrogen effect on the receptors. Instead, as far as I can tell it increases the effects of estrogen and phytoestrogens on receptors. I believe it does the same for progesterone and testosterone, and probably prolactin and insulin too. Thus it would be great to use at the same time as PM, or by itself the rest of the time.

If what you really wanted was progesterone, then you need to order a real progesterone cream instead of one that was trying to mislead you by having "wild yam" on the label. Since they mislead you once it might also be low quality in general and there might not even be much wild yam in it. If it says "wild yam" rather than "wild yam extract" and you aren't using several spoonfuls of it, then it's probably a scam. If it's a wild yam extract then you might as well continue to use it for the whole month at the same time as whatever else you decide to get.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon