Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Tuberous/PCOS journal

Congrats! I am so happy to hear. I have been on vitex for almost a month and def see the perk as it lowers prolactin levels so this was probably part of your problem. you had more prolactin(common with high adrogen levels, poor progesterone and pco's)

Can't stress enough how important tests are. Vitex is know to shrink breasts in women who don't need progesterone. Glad you are paying attention to your body and its needs. I knew it was the herb for me when I found out about my poor ability to make progesterone in the adrenals.

Hope you're still making progress - just wanted to check in. Keep up the good work!

I'm right here, no real progress and my boobies deflated a little once I got my period. I wanna watch until after my next cycle and then make adjustments - I'll keep you posted on my hormone test results!

Also I have normal prolactin!

Hi Smile

As I also have tuberous breasts (but really small ones Sad ) I also tried Vitex the last few days.
But I got soo bad headaches,felt dizzy and light headed all the time Sad
Today I feel a little bit better (haven't taken my Vitex yesterday...).
Is this normal?
Have you too experienced something like that?
And can I just go on?

I'm soo desperate,I really hoped Vitex could be the right thing for me (especially because I can't take Bovine ovary or PC ) Sad

Thanks for your help,
best wishes,
Janelana Smile

Curious as to what does of Vitex have you been taking?

I drank Vitex as tea because I've heared tea is as good as pills or a tincture.
I drank two cups a day,each with a tablespoon Vitex (recommended amount on the tea packet) .
I think it was probably too much..

(11-01-2013, 04:55 PM)janelana Wrote:  Hi Smile

As I also have tuberous breasts (but really small ones Sad ) I also tried Vitex the last few days.
But I got soo bad headaches,felt dizzy and light headed all the time Sad
Today I feel a little bit better (haven't taken my Vitex yesterday...).
Is this normal?
Have you too experienced something like that?
And can I just go on?

I'm soo desperate,I really hoped Vitex could be the right thing for me (especially because I can't take Bovine ovary or PC ) Sad

Thanks for your help,
best wishes,
Janelana Smile

I'm sorry I didn't reply to this sooner, I've been computer shopping as this one is really slow and spacey Sad

I think the most important thing you should know about Vitex is that it's NOT RECOMMENDED for women with low estrogen, because it lowers it and produces the symptoms you're mentioning.
It's recommended for women who are ESTROGEN DOMINANT.

Also, you might be taking it for estrogen dominance, but there are many types of estrogen dominance. There's actually a form of estrogen dominance where the estrogen itself is low, and it's still out of balance with the progesterone. I suspect this is the type you have if you're having that sort of reaction to the Vitex.

Do you have low progesterone? Have you gotten your hormones tested?

So I'm here with an update, basically I've been massaging twice daily and taking all my supplements regularly, and my breasts got super SUPER mushy and soft after my period! I've heard that massaging can do that so I stopped (though apparently it means your prolactin is raised, which is the first step in boobie growth!) and I also have an inch of maintained growth Smile I'm popping out of my bras!

So I took my supplements from the last time I ovulated through my period UNTIL this exact day of ovulation (I know because I felt the cramps).
My boobs were mushy until then and I stopped my supps that day - now my breasts are as firm as water balloons. It's pretty weird. And AMAZING. They're also facing relatively forward (my nipples, usually the right one points at the floor).
I'm going to get my hormones tested soon, I'm thinking of going on a PC instead of Vitex but I'm getting off the supps until I can get tested to get a clean reading Smile

hey Smile

wow,your results sound amazing,congrats!

hmm..
what you said about the low estrogen and even lower progesterone could be true...
but i have definately no clue what i could take in this case...
at the moment i just take red clover but anyway don't feel good as well..
i am thinking about buying vitex as tincture and take a lower dose because i've read that vitex is also an anti androgenic herb.
whatever,i'm really desperate and i'm soo afraid that nothing will ever work for me Sad Sad
it seems like everything i do is just wrong and makes everything worse and i really don't know what to di anymore..
my doctor doesn't believe me that i havaa problem with my breasts (everyone is different blah blah) and he thinks a blood test is needless.
he even told me that i can't change my breasts in any way,no matter what i do. Sad Sad
yeah i feel pretty depressed right now,at the moment everything's just bad :/

oh my post got really long , sorry for being so depressive and spamming your thread :/

best wishes Smile
janelana

Hey girl. Have you considered doing the bovine ovary supplement? I feel like its really helping me. And I can't wait for you to try the noogleberry. I really think it'll help us get better shape.
Thanks for the update!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon