Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Journey from 30B/30C

(17-01-2015, 04:47 AM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  Yeah, I've taken shatavari and I liked it. I need to order more, actually! Just make sure whatever company you buy from tests for heavy metals. Ayurvedic herbs and other herbs from India are known to be contaminated with heavy metals; lead, mercury and/or arsenic. Since studies have proven this though, a lot of companies test for it. I took my first whole bottle before I knew that :/ And the company I bought it from didn't say anything anywhere about testing for them. Yeah, let's just pretend that didn't happen. Lol.

I would have to say that Shatavari is more similar to the RX Domperidone than it is to fenugreek, in terms of what it does for your boobs. But that's just based off of what I know about women using shatavari instead of Domperidone or Reglan (which both of those prescriptions have side effects you don't want to mess with), while trying to increase their breast milk or get their breast milk back. Le Leche League talks about it and so do many other lactation websites and blogs. Lactation consultants tell women that if they don't want to take one of those prescribed drugs, that shatavari is the next best thing. They (and I) take it along with fenugreek. But you can take it without fenugreek. Give it a try though, it seemed to work for me and I only took it for a month before I ran out Smile
Ah cool thanks Charlie. I never would have known about the heavy metals!

Actually, to be completely honest, I don't know if shatavari is more equivalent to Domperidone or if it's more equivalent to fenugreek for what it does for the breasts. I just thought Domperidone since it's the natural alternative for the drug and women take fenugreek along with shatavari. I don't know. I'm trying to find out, but it's not easy. Lol.

(17-01-2015, 04:58 AM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  Actually, to be completely honest, I don't know if shatavari is more equivalent to Domperidone or if it's more equivalent to fenugreek for what it does for the breasts. I just thought Domperidone since it's the natural alternative for the drug and women take fenugreek along with shatavari. I don't know. I'm trying to find out, but it's not easy. Lol.

if it helps with digestion I'd be happy. But if it is the alternative to Dom it must be good Smile

That month, I took shatavari, goats rue, fenugreek, Maca and massaged with flaxseed oil and grew almost an inch and a half. So, something was working. I just got busy and totally dropped NBE after that. Grrrrr. I'm back on now, but I need to order more shatavari and goats rue. I got everything else I'm using now already.

Yeah, it's pretty great stuff. OH!! AND, you'll like this part since you seem to be kinda sensitive to Maca, some people take it instead of Maca because it apparently does the same thing Smile Might want to look into that. You might be able to drop the Maca and stop smelling like pancakes all the time and just take Shatavari. I didn't have any side effects from that at all. I don't think there are many potential side effects though.

(17-01-2015, 05:01 AM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  That month, I took shatavari, goats rue, fenugreek, Maca and massaged with flaxseed oil and grew almost an inch and a half. So, something was working. I just got busy and totally dropped NBE after that. Grrrrr. I'm back on now, but I need to order more shatavari and goats rue. I got everything else I'm using now already.
Bloody ell. Yeh that's good growth. Imagine doing it again and growing another 1.5 inches. But did you keep the growth after you stopped?
Yes you make a good point about the substituting for maca. Maca did shorten my cycles so itl be interesting to see if I go back to normal being off it for at least a couple of weeks now

(17-01-2015, 06:01 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Bloody ell. Yeh that's good growth. Imagine doing it again and growing another 1.5 inches. But did you keep the growth after you stopped?
Yes you make a good point about the substituting for maca. Maca did shorten my cycles so itl be interesting to see if I go back to normal being off it for at least a couple of weeks now

Bloody ell. You are the cutest thing! lol. I love that accent!
I did it for about 5 weeks, then my life kinda got crazy & I stopped. I lost my growth. So I started back at square 1. Buuuut, don't let that discourage you at all!!

I've gone up and then back down a few times because I haven't been consistent. Same thing with my workout program, I've gained weight & some booty, then lost it because I was inconsistent. I've done that a couple of times too. I know for a fact the reason I lost my muscle gains & weight so quickly was because I wasn't going with it long enough. Anyone who knows about gaining muscle (& any weight for hard gainers) will tell you the same thing. The longer you're with it, the longer it sticks when you break. So if you weight train & gain muscle and fat for only a month to 3 months, and stop for 2-3 weeks, you can lose it all. But if you weight train for a year and take a 3 week break, nothing changes.

SO! From knowing that about weight training, and reading about all of these people who do NBE for short amounts of time and the ones who do it for longer amounts of time, I truly believe that NBE is the same exact way. The longer you do it, the more it sticks around.

It sucks because had I of stayed on that routine instead of stopping, I might be a lot bigger now with my boobs and I know for sure with my butt. That's why I'm determined to not break again now. I'm tired of seeing my progress go away because of inconsistency Smile

Hi Girls! I don't mean to hijack the thread, but Charlie girl, where do you get your goats rue? It appears to be very expensive, and only a few places I can find online carry it.

Thanks!

Soli

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon