Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Safety of Wild Yam

Hi all.

I recently started following this forum. I'm a small A-cup and wanted to use herbs to increase my cup size. I started to take Wild Yam, Saw
Palmento and Flax seed oil orally to achieve this.

I saw an instant improvement and after a mere four days I was a very full a-cup.

But after 10 days of taking this combination, I went out with friends and had about 6 drinks, and smoked some marijuana. After this I passed out and had several seizures thereafter. I researched the potential for the marijuana to have caused the seizures but there are several medical journal articles stating that it is very unlikely to cause seizures. Wild yam on the other hand has a reputation for being able to cause seizures.

I am putting this out there just as a warning to other people. I had a very bad experience with Wild Yam. Please be careful out there with doses and such especially when mixing with other substances.

Wow. Are you okay? I hope so. That sounds so crazy.
How much of Flax/WY/SP were you taking?

I am fine now, but I got a hell of a fright. My boyfriend phoned the paramedics and they sorted the seizures out. I was taking 6000mg flax seed oil capsules, 30 drops of Discorea villossa pure grade herbal tincture (WY) and 1800mg SP capsules.

Wow, glad you're ok.

No way flax was responsible and wild yam is very safe so doubt either of those could related. SP is very potent but also don't think it would lead to a seizure but perhaps the 6 drinks overloaded your livers ability to detox in combination with your elevated hormones.
Did you drink quickly and what did you drink?

The marijuana, did you roll it yourself or buy a prerolled joint?

Did you do anything different that day ie eat something new that you hadn't taken before?

Seizures are very hard sometimes to figure out a root cause. I have had one years and still to this day, no idea what lead it to come on.

(02-12-2012, 10:35 PM)Hulagirl Wrote:  Wild yam on the other hand has a reputation for being able to cause seizures.

May I ask where this information comes from? I'm only asking because I tried to seach the net to find out about this and I couldn't find any suggestion that wild yam was associated with seizures.

Bump. Anyone else drink while on a nbe program?

I drink most weekends don't want to be having seizures while trying to do NBE...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon