Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

When to start with pm?

Hi,
ive come across so many things online,
saying you should take pm the first day of your period,
others say 14 days after your period,
then others say doesnt matter any day is fine,
so what is best?
I already started taking it but now I wonder should I wait till my period or something,I really couldnt find a clear answer anywhere,
I take 500 mg pm 2 times a day
thank you Big Grin

There is no clear answer.

If you are having a period, you definitely should not take it during your menses/"period". That is the only certainty. Other than that, debate rages. In my opinion, ovulation should actually be a peak day.

The 3 main ways to take PM.

"#1. The reason why people advocate the taking of Pueraria Mirifica during the first 15 days of your cycle is that since the phytoestrogens present in Pueraria Mirifica are to serve as additional estrogen in your body, it makes sense to introduce the additional estrogen alongside the body’s natural boost of human estrogen. Also, since it is progestin that should be dominant in the second-half of your cycle – the Luteal Phase – it makes no sense to interfere with that by introducing excess estrogen.

#2. Still, others recommend that Pueraria Mirifica should be taken in the latter half of the cycle, after ovulation and during the Luteal Phase. The reasoning behind this is that introducing excess estrogen – on top of what the body is naturally producing – can either overwhelm the body’s estrogen receptors and be counterproductive OR that the extra estrogen will be too much for the body to handle and worsen PMS and menstrual cramps. These Luteal Phase advocates reason that since the body’s production of estrogen decreases during the Luteal Phase, it makes sense to supplement what is reduced with a potent phytoestrogen.

#.3 Still yet others recommend that Pueraria Mirifica can be taken regularly, everyday, just as any other supplement. The basis of this reasoning is that that was how it has been consumed by the Thai population for over a century and it has had no adverse side effects. In fact, Thailand has one of the lowest incidents of breast cancer in the world. Advocates of month-long Pueraria Mirifica claim that the whole argument between whether the Follicular Phase or the Luteal Phase is best for Pueraria Mirifica is based on cycles that are meaningful for contraceptives but inapplicable for Pueraria Mirifica.

So, there you have it. The 3 most popularly recommended ways of taking Pueraria Mirifica.

Our recommendation? Listen to your body, experiment, observe, and choose what works for you."

mirifica if taken during menstruation can cut short a period. My partner takes it around day three or four of her period if there is excess bleeding or clotting.

I don't know anything about the menstrual cycle or anything, so I'm just taking it all month long. I know it will delay my period by a few days, since even just FG, RC and SP did that as well, and this is much stronger than those, but that's something I'm not at all worried about. Although I understand that some women do want their periods to come on time and may be worried about pregnancy if it's late.

If you want to take it all month but are worried about stalling your period, you could probably stop taking it 4-5 days before and it should come on time then. Or just mess with it and see how it affects you. There's no true-cut way to do any NBE, which is why I've learned to just do things in a way I'm comfortable with and see what happens.

I am not really sure yet but I just continue to take it
I always have a perfect 28 day cycle and I really wouldnt want to mess that up,
thanks to you all!Big Grin

Yeah I have this question too, I have PM with me now and am thinking of starting day 1 of my cycle. However that doesn't seem to be coming cus of my stressful work life.

Should I just start randomly and take it everyday? I've taken milk thistle for a few days before this already..

Maybe if this doesnt work I'll do a cleanse again and start with chiyomilk's program?

How does this sound? PM experts please give me some advice Smile

(03-11-2012, 06:13 PM)Luxy Wrote:  The 3 main ways to take PM.

"#1. The reason why people advocate the taking of Pueraria Mirifica during the first 15 days of your cycle is that since the phytoestrogens present in Pueraria Mirifica are to serve as additional estrogen in your body, it makes sense to introduce the additional estrogen alongside the body’s natural boost of human estrogen. Also, since it is progestin that should be dominant in the second-half of your cycle – the Luteal Phase – it makes no sense to interfere with that by introducing excess estrogen.

#2. Still, others recommend that Pueraria Mirifica should be taken in the latter half of the cycle, after ovulation and during the Luteal Phase. The reasoning behind this is that introducing excess estrogen – on top of what the body is naturally producing – can either overwhelm the body’s estrogen receptors and be counterproductive OR that the extra estrogen will be too much for the body to handle and worsen PMS and menstrual cramps. These Luteal Phase advocates reason that since the body’s production of estrogen decreases during the Luteal Phase, it makes sense to supplement what is reduced with a potent phytoestrogen.

#.3 Still yet others recommend that Pueraria Mirifica can be taken regularly, everyday, just as any other supplement. The basis of this reasoning is that that was how it has been consumed by the Thai population for over a century and it has had no adverse side effects. In fact, Thailand has one of the lowest incidents of breast cancer in the world. Advocates of month-long Pueraria Mirifica claim that the whole argument between whether the Follicular Phase or the Luteal Phase is best for Pueraria Mirifica is based on cycles that are meaningful for contraceptives but inapplicable for Pueraria Mirifica.

So, there you have it. The 3 most popularly recommended ways of taking Pueraria Mirifica.

Our recommendation? Listen to your body, experiment, observe, and choose what works for you."

Thanks for the summary! I just did a google search for this and found the actual article where it comes from, it has a chart and a explanation that might be helpful for you deciding.
http://mustgrowbust.com/2012/how-take-pueraria-mirifica
But again, it does seem to come down to how YOUR body reacts to it. I personally chose to follow my body's natural cycle and it worked fine for me. No missed periods or anything. Good luck deciding!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon