Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pueraria mirifica capsules - cream?

(13-10-2012, 06:42 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  Depends on the definition of 'cheap' I guess. Doing something like adding an unquantifiable 'few drops' to something that you don't have any idea if it will really carry some or all of it through the skin and if it does is less potent anyway...

I don't see how you can separate cost and effectiveness in this context.

DMSO and food grade liquid extract seem like a good combination to make sure that something actually gets through the skin. In that case, she would actually need to dose it like it's being taken internally, since there's even a chance that every last bit of the extract will get through.

DMSO has to be applied in very small amounts, immediately after a shower, and you can't use any lotions and such at the same time, unless you're sure that their ingredients belong in your bloodstream. I know that DMSO can't really carry anything through the the skin, but it carries most things through so well that you have to act as though everything will get through. When my ro-bust runs out, I'm going to buy extract myself to mix with the DMSO I already have.

It's worth pointing out that Ginnie got the last part of her growth from topicals alone (PM and PC). I suppose that doesn't rule out the possibility that it was only the PC that made a difference at that point in her program, but the opposite could also be true.
[/quote]

(13-10-2012, 06:44 PM)mochaccino Wrote:  DMSO and food grade liquid extract seem like a good combination to make sure that something actually gets through the skin. In that case, she would actually need to dose it like it's being taken internally, since there's even a chance that every last bit of the extract will get through.

Wow. I'd never heard of DMSO before, and a powerful analgesic as well.

Apparently, a minimum 70% DMSO is required to carry the remaining constituents through, so 70% DMSO and 30% PM solution should work. Perhaps 80/20 to be safe.

I wonder if I could mix DMSO with some OTC analgesics to make a more powerful topical analgesic without the prescription necessary for the most commonly used prescriptive strength topical analgesics.

I realllllllly need to figure something out to numb my face without a prescription for when I finally start electrolysis.

So you can't mix the powder with dmso and then it will be able to penetrate the skin? Only the liquid extract?

(13-10-2012, 07:50 PM)elaine Wrote:  So you can't mix the powder with dmso and then it will be able to penetrate the skin? Only the liquid extract?

Correct. The powder is not soluble enough.

Ok, thanks Shy

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon