Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

cerazette + PM

Hey everyone.

I have been on cerazette, a progestogen only Birth control pill for about 6 months now. 3 weeks ago I incorporated PM and since I don't have periods anymore I started on a random day. On my 5th day of using PM (1x a day) I started bleeding and haven't stopped since.

Should I stop taking PM or is my body just trying to adjust? Please help me xoxo

I'm on the depo shot, and that's just progesterone as well. I didn't have any periods till i had taken PM for 3 months in a row, and now my periods are completely random. Some times its a full blown period, and others i spot for 5 days. I don't have any answers for you, but I'm not too far off from what your experiencing. It seems that adding PM to a progesterone only BC makes our cycles a little screwy(for you and me at least).
I haven't been taking anything for BE for 2 months now and i have still gotten 2 strange and random periods. One was a few days after stopping the PM, and the next one was a week after the previous one, i only spotted for that one.
Im sure it has something to do with our bodies being used to the progesterone in our system that the estrogen with the PM threw a wrench in it. I have read that plenty of women help control when their periods come by cycling the PM, might be worth a try. But if your trying to avoid periods all together, let me know when you figure it out, I'm in that boat with you.
I personally will deal with the random periods if that means teeny and tiny will grow!

I think you two have periods now because of how strong of a phytoestrogen pueraria is.

Your body was basically in a long-term luteal/fake pregnancy phase due to the progesterone BC, but with the re-introduction of estrogen, that balance is altered and your body thinks the return of estrogen means the possible return of ovulation which means preparation for a possible fertilized egg so back to menstruation!

Just my thoughts, I'm no expert. Smile

Sooo... is it safe to take PM while on cerazette? I ordered my PM today coz I heard in many places that it's fine to combine them, but if it's gonna increase the risk of getting pregnant I'm not sure anymore... does anyone know how to cycle them anyway without periods?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon